Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Tech News weekly summaries help you monitor recent software changes likely to impact you and your fellow Wikimedians. Subscribe, contribute and give feedback.
|previous||2020, week 44 (Monday 26 October 2020)||next|
It's the latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community! Not everything may affect you. More translations are available.
Issues and maintenance
- You will be able to read but not edit the wikis for up to an hour (probably less) on 27 October around 14:00 (UTC). 
- Diffs on mobile (Special:MobileDiff) were displaying page revisions instead of diffs last week. This has now been fixed. 
Changes later this week
- There is no new MediaWiki version this week.
- Since the introduction of the interface administrators user group in 2018, administrators couldn’t view the deleted history of CSS/JS pages. Now they once again can. 
- There was a problem with Change Tags: the software would apply the "Reverted" tag to any page action such as a page protection change if it came directly after a reverted edit. This has now been fixed for new edits. 
- The Reply tool will be offered as an opt-in Beta Feature on most Wikipedias in November. This does not include English Wikipedia. There will be another announcement once the date has been finalized. 
Tech news is prepared by Tech News writers and posted by a bot • Spread the word! • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
Fine print: Tech news in British English (en-gb) does not necessarily use British spelling. It is only British in spirit, unoversimplified when compared to the regular English version, allowing more complex terms (e.g. "issues" instead of "problems") and constructions.