Hello, A12n, and welcome to Meta-Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a experienced user! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, check out Wikipedia:Questions or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! --Slade ♠ 17:46, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
Hi Don, inspired by bm:User:Misbaho (and also Afripedia) I started w:User:Guaka/ebola to hopefully quickly get some translations. I'd love to see your input (and edits) Guaka (talk) 12:05, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks Kasper, Glad to see this initiative, and the translation by Misbaho. Have just signed up. Also, I'm looking right now at the Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine and its Translation Task Force as I spin up a blog post, and wonder if your effort could additionally help raise the profile of medical translations in African languages in the latter. BTW, I'm working on setting up a complementary effort to facilitate networking on ebola messaging in West African languages - "Translating Hope - Health Education in African Languages" - and will send you an invite.--A12n (talk) 13:24, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!
Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:17, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
The second anniversary of Wikispore Day, observed on July 28, 2020, marks twenty-four months from the conceptual sprouting of the Wikispore idea from the Strategy Wiknic in NYC, which was held on July 14, 2019.
You are invited to participate in a virtual unconference for this year!
Wednesday July 28:
- Main Unconference (more details at wikispore:Wikispore Day)
- Social Hour
Since Wikispore is probably the only Wikimedia project to be born at a picnic, you are encouraged to participate from a socially-distanced green space outdooors if possible.
- Register on Eventbrite
- Google Meet link: https://meet.google.com/vsg-mxiw-hij --Pharos (talk) 18:38, 26 July 2021 (UTC)
Wikisporadic Newsletter: August 2021
Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.
- The Wikipore Day Unconference was held in July, with about 20 participants - see etherpad. A suggested path forward is the "movement tactic" of regular collaborations, like a Spore of the Month or a Feature of the Fortnight.
- Some newer proposed projects at Wikispore: STARDIT (using mw:Extension:Cargo), Works Spore, WikiCite. (Comment on their talk pages!)
- On Saturday August 14, there will be a Wikimania lightning talk on Wikispore and Innovating Free Knowledge at , followed a few minutes later by an unconference group session for Wikimedians Innovating New Genres.
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for the Wikisporadic Newsletter by adding or removing your name from this list.)
Feedback on any of these items is welcomed at your friendly Wikispore Greenhouse!
--Pharos 19:48, 11 August 2021 (UTC)