Thanks for flagging the proposed grant up on en.wp. Would you be interested in helping with the panel? I need at least one name in the grant to be a co-proposer. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 10:32, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- What would I need to do as part of the panel? I'm not sure I'll have time, as I was planning to move forward with my Inspire Campaign proposal after that campaign ends tomorrow. Funcrunch (talk) 14:29, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- I envisage this being a very low commitment. I suspect we might get literally a handful of suitable pictures in a month eligible for the prize, and we would look at those by email to assess if they were appropriately LGBT+ themed (we are not ranking or assessing quality). I'd be happy to be the key contact that sends an email around with the links, maybe just once or twice a month, with looking and emailing back only really being a commitment to ten minutes of time. Remember that it's first past the post, so if the prizes go early then there's no more to review. I also don't see a problem with people on the panel changing as commitments come and go, so long as we have at least two people doing the assessing. --Fæ (talk) 15:00, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
It has been approved! I'm just penning a short reply to the WMF on the grants page. I am travelling next week (no internet), though drop me an email if you would like to discuss any improvements and I'll eventually reply. As I'm suggesting to the WMF, we should take on board their comments and make sure any changes are made before considering the first notices to launch the competition. We should ping a few people to see who else might be on the panel as 3 or 4 might be wiser than 2 of us. :-) --Fæ (talk) 01:17, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- Great news! Let's discuss over e-mail when you return from your trip. Meanwhile I'll ping the LGBT WikiProject to alert them that the grant's been approved. Funcrunch (talk) 01:20, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
Protect user pages
I've got a message from you "A request for comment is available on protecting user pages by default from edits by anonymous and new users. I am notifying you because you commented on this proposal when it was either in idea or draft form."
- @Abrimaal: I thought I included the link to the RfC in my message; here it is again. Funcrunch (talk) 18:00, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Funcrunch: I cannot really find my comment in this page. Haven't I signed this comment? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Abrimaal (talk) 18:40, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Abrimaal: I couldn't find any comments from you on the RfC. Do you have a different username on the English Wikipedia? Funcrunch (talk) 13:56, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Funcrunch: No, I use the same username everywhere. Could ithe comment be deleted by someone? Abrimaal (talk) 23:08, 12 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Abrimaal: When I visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Abrimaal, I see two links to the Polish Wikipedia and a message that says "What you see on this page was copied from http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Abrimaal" (your page here on Meta). Are you sure you have an account on the English Wikipedia? Funcrunch (talk) 01:18, 13 September 2016 (UTC)
Survey on Inspire Campaign for addressing harassment
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on addressing harassment from June 2016. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.
- @I JethroBT (WMF): Thanks to you (or whoever designed the survey) for the inclusive gender identity options! Funcrunch (talk) 14:35, 13 September 2016 (UTC)
Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017]
|Whose Knowledge News|
|April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2|
|Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
|About Whose Knowledge?|
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.