I realised that my ip (18.104.22.168) has been blocked from Wikipedia. I did use proxy because the Wikipedia is blocked in Turkey and i am not able to edit with my physical ip, unfortunately. Meta and Commons are not blocked and i can use my physical ip now. I accept the block as proxy but i am not a sock of someoneelse. If other users use the same proxy, i have no idea but as i said, i did use it because i am not able to use my own ip there, due to the block of Wikipedia in my country. I wish you review the block and/or change the block summary at least, because it may be misleading and may affect the trustworthiness of my report. Regards, 22.214.171.124 00:29, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
Samsung Galaxy akıllı telefonumdan gönderildi.
- I've gone ahead and unblocked the IP in question - it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm sorry if this has caused you any difficulty. Regards, GeneralizationsAreBad (talk) 00:53, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- Note that the IP is blocked under a range block 126.96.36.199/22, so it's probably still being blocked from editing right now. Also it's a hard block, not sure if the IP has a registered account-in which case they should login and have ipblockexempt to be able to edit. -★- PlyrStar93. →Message me. ← 01:01, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
@GeneralizationsAreBad:, thank you very much GAB. But unfortunately admin (Doug) thinks that i am sock (due to the block sum) and i can't use the same proxy ip again to make some clarifications, because the VPN is giving me different ips... Anyway, thank you for your kind behavior. Cheers, 188.8.131.52 01:57, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- No problem. Just to clarify, Doug does not suspect you as a sock - your explanation makes sense - but rather suspects the other user of the same proxy to be a block-evader. It's just an unfortunate coincidence. GeneralizationsAreBad (talk) 02:04, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- Dunno. I have read the admin's edit sum and probably he/she was talking about me...184.108.40.206 08:05, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- I want to get into an account to avoid such problems but i am afraid that it may create other problems, as i will have to use VPN to edit and the ips from VPNs have been using by multipe editors. What can i do? An another question: I have an account on tr.wikipedia (even though i have not been using it since the block of WP) but it is not registered on English wikipedia. Should i use it on en.wiki or do i have an option to create a separate account on there? Thank you. 220.127.116.11 02:16, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
A new message
- @Stryn: Thanks for letting me know - it's another sock. GeneralizationsAreBad (talk) 17:47, 23 December 2017 (UTC)
I was blocked in July 2017. I seem to be indefinitely blocked. All the edits I’ve made and articles I have created are well cited and researched. Now my talk page with all the block investigation reports and messages I think dents my credibility as the creator and editor of the articles I had contributed to. I would request you to please delete my account or at least clear that page.
- @PashupatiBharat: Yes, this account was blocked as part of our SPI investigation on en.wiki. I recommend that you read Yunshui's comment on your talkpage, especially the part about meatpuppetry. Moreover, you are still free to contribute on other Wikimedia projects. Regards, GeneralizationsAreBad (talk) 01:41, 30 December 2017 (UTC)
JSTOR account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for JSTOR through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your JSTOR access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the JSTOR signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in September; if you request renewal after then we will only be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:32, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
|Hello, GeneralizationsAreBad. Check your email—you've got mail!|
— regards, Revi 08:31, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
Username change request
Hello, May I have my username changed to " DavidK-01 " (Availability: Available). Thanks in advance.
DavidKunČK (talk) 13:06, 27 July 2019 (UTC)