User talk:Hoo man
Hi, can you approve the following OAuth consumers?
- idwiki-marathon [1.0]
- newiki-editathon [1.0]
They are both for managing edit-a-thon using the reconfigured tool from Wikipedia Asian Month, but the OAuth token is enabled only for the local wiki. "Judging" process is essentially editing a page on the local wiki to add or edit status of an article created during the edit-a-thon period. Thanks. Kenrick95 (talk) 02:52, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
- @Kenrick95: Sorry for the slow response, both approved. - Hoo man (talk) 22:26, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
Hi, can you approve this OAuth consumer "maiwiki-editathon [1.0]"? It is the same tool as explained above, deployed for mai.wikipedia. Looking forward for your approval. Thank you. Kenrick95 (talk) 12:55, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
Hi, can you approve this OAuth consumer "wm-cee-spring [1.0]"? It is the same tool as explained above, deployed for usage in Wikimedia CEE Spring 2016. Thank you. Kenrick95 (talk) 12:10, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
- Done. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 11:03, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
My VPN has been blocked
I'm using Private Internet Access, and you have a range of IPs blocked that include those exits.
I see that you've modified those rules for others, changing it to only block unauthenticated users, and I'd like to ask you to do the same here.
I have all of my traffic directed to the VPN on my router, so it's not a simple matter of turning off that protection just to post/comment here on Wikipedia, and I don't think it's necessary for me to subject myself to privacy intrusion by having the VPN disabled.
The error message I get is below:
You do not have permission to create this talk page, for the following reason:
Your IP address is in a range which has been blocked on all wikis.
The block was made by Hoo man (meta.wikimedia.org). The reason given is Cross-wiki spam: Hoster / VPN service.
Start of block: 19:03, 21 October 2015 Expiration of block: 19:03, 21 October 2018 You can contact Hoo man to discuss the block. You cannot use the "Email this user" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. Your current IP address is 188.8.131.52, and the blocked range is 184.108.40.206/28. Please include all above details in any queries you make. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Binkleyz (talk) 12:06, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
- @Binkleyz: I've changed the block to affect logged out users only, thus you should be able to edit Wikipedia again just fine using your account. Let me know if you run into further problem. Cheers, - Hoo man (talk) 14:00, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
I am experiencing the same problem with the same VPN service. The server I'm using has the IP segment 220.127.116.11/21. Could you please allow editing while being logged in? The message is "Cross-wiki spam: spambot: VPN provider", start of block: 16 October 2015, expiration of block: 16 October 2016. Thanks. לייבניץ (talk) 11:46, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- @לייבניץ: I just changed the global block in question, so you should be fine now. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 14:50, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for the block, but I requested at Steward requests/Global 7 minutes after your task without noticing it. What can I do? Should I simply remove my request? Thanks, Eryk Kij (talk) 21:00, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
- @エリック・キィ: Just leave it there, it's fine. Thanks for reporting. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 21:14, 16 April 2016 (UTC)
Block of 2001:590:0:0:0:0:0:0/32
hello, i'm not sure why you've blocked me–i rarely post on wikipedia. an explanation would be helpful... thanks and i hope we can clear up any misunderstanding. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2001:590:1405:124:55c0:4c28:4cea:aff7 (talk) 08:13, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
- The block in question wasn't about you, but about the VPN you are (probably) using. As the block only affects logged out users, you should be able to edit Wikipedia (and other Wikimedia sites) just fine using an account. You can create an account on this wiki, by using Special:CreateAccount. Let me know if you run into further problem. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 09:41, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
Permission to Edit Page
Hi, I would like to post new and reliable information on behalf of his excellency..
Abdul Sattar Murad
It seems i can not do anything unless we receive a permission from Hoo man.....
Can you kindly advice, your sooner reply is highly appreciate
Thanks in Advance
- The block in question wasn't about you, but about the VPN you are (probably) using. As the block only affects logged out users, you should be able to edit Wikipedia (and other Wikimedia sites) just fine using an account. You can create an account on this wiki, by using Special:CreateAccount. Let me know if you run into further problem. Cheers, Hoo man (talk) 11:29, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
Request for Input - New Central Notice request process
Back in February I emailed the CN-admin list regarding part of my role to look into the Central Notice process and see where we could make improvements including: the campaign process; its functionality or lack thereof; and fundamentally the documentation that supports it. You can see many of the issues that I identified at CentralNotice/Process_Review. If there is anything additional that you feel has been left out then please feel free to leave any comments on the talk page.
My first task is to improve the requesting of campaigns by communities and affiliates. I am looking to set up a more formal request process, similar to those used in many projects. The aim is to: increase the transparency of Central Notice; improve the support provided to affiliates (including making such support more consistent); to provide a forum for community input into campaigns.
I have been working on a very rough strawman version of the process and I would be interested in hearing you comments about what such a process should involve and what you think it would require. Please feel free to leave such comments at the process talk page section. I would like to have a working page in place by the end of May. This would not need to be a final version. The process can be improved upon over time as we learn about how well it works.
Given your role as a Meta Administrator who is active in the area of Central Notice, I encourage you to:
- Review the strawman request page and request template and make changes as you feel necessary
- Leave comments
- Join the centralnotice-admins mailing list
- Feel free to contact me to discuss this further via: my talk page, jseddonwikimedia.org or on IRC (Nick: Seddon)
- Hey @Hoo man:. I just wanted see whether you would be interested in giving any input to a request process for Central Notice. It'll be a requirement of all campaigns on Central Notice to go through it and for me it's really important to get input of the other CN Admins and Meta Admins. It wont be set in stone so we can make changes as we go on but I'd love for it to get off to a smooth start. My plan is to get something in place in the next few weeks so please feel free to Leave comments. Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 03:06, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
- Hi @Jseddon:. To request a right of global sysop, is need a proces of select a role (carer), beccause the globals sysops or stewards, works in the company of Wikimedia, (global sysop is not only the Wikimedia edits, is a work) and is a work like others works. First, you need a select proces to enter in a one work of the Wikimedia Works. But in the company of Wikimedia, exist others works avaible, (not only the develompent of the comunities). In the company, exist the works of the design, the marketing... And others works, you can select a one work of the all works avaible in the carer pages. You are working now in Wikimedia? Very good! But, you need now all the right of steward to work? OK, you can request now the right of steward, very good. But later of finish the proces of select the work, technicaly you are steward.
You can contact now with me:
- In my talk
- IRC (I'm in IRC in the morning of America) (Nick: Dorami-Doraemon).