- 1 test
- 2 Issues about re-directs in Sinhala Wikipedia
- 3 Bot
- 4 Your assistance please
- 5 अनुनाद सिंह@hiwikipedia
- 6 SRCU
- 7 Global blocking for the old vandals
- 8 Why?
- 9 global bot
- 10 Gadget
- 11 Plz help me
- 12 Editor @ ar.wiki
- 13 Bureaucrat request from hiwiki
- 14 ब्लॉकिंग मी ऑन इंग्लिशविकी
- 15 Blocking me on English Wiki
- 16 Global sysops list
- 17 Steward requests/Permissions#Great Brightstar@zhwikivoyage
- 18 Email
- 19 Hindi wikitionary
- 20 Thank you
- 21 Toolserver shutdown approaching
- 22 Need help
- 23 sa.wikipedia.org problem
- 24 Name of visual editor in Hindi
- 25 Bureaucrat on hiwiki
- 26 Hindi translation
Issues about re-directs in Sinhala Wikipedia
We have an issue about re-directs in Sinhala Wikipedia. We had a discussion at Village Pump without conclusive agreements on the issue.
The problem in summary is as follows. A user had created articles , , , , , and . The article names were section names of already existing article. The user had copied the content of corresponding sections and pasted them to these "new" articles. Noticing this I proposed that those articles should be deleted under A10 of criteria for speedy deletion. Another user who is also an administrator had redirected two of these articles to the corresponding section of the main article. I protested as the criterion for speedy deletion is met. However, the administrator/user argues that the newly created article names are valid and hence should be re-directed and not deleted. If this is allowed, will it create a precedence and be followed by all users in all wikipedia & will we have junk and useless article names and re-directs unnecessarily. We eagerly await your opinion on this matter please. ---ශ්වෙත (talk) 06:22, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
How do I do this in Windows PC?
"Now start the bot by executing the command "mono SWMTBot.exe" in your Terminal when in the 'MyRCbot' folder."
Reply back please @ my talk page.
Your assistance please
- Jyothis, please review the above request ASAP, I've been asked multiple times to take any action.--Bill william compton (talk) 05:00, 17 July 2012 (UTC)
Jyothis, five people are in support of the proposal. Pardon me, but are you really going to ignore the fact that he is repeatedly attacking other users, using terms like "महारानी के सेवक, शिखंडी, ब्रिटेनवादी, पाकवादी, आतंकवादी, साम्यवादी, नुक्तावादी, संस्कृतिवादी और दासमानसिकतावादी". Besides that, he even denied to accept the sub-proposal where he was just asked to not make personal comments or attack others. I filed the request because I was pursued by other users to take any action. His mentality is completely against the work ethics of Wikipedia. He blatantly opposed against the topics related to the UK, because he thinks they are making "India slave". He don't want to follow any Wikipedia policy. So are these the signs of any Wikipedia administrator? Please refer latest archive of Chaupal, only then you will know the severity of the problem.--Bill william compton (talk) 03:01, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- And, did you notice what was their reason of oppose? Policies and rules are equal for all the users, aren't they? Please read this latest post by much more dedicated and active user. Why so much weightage to those who are not even active on Wikipedia and aren't aware of the recent discussions. Please consult other users involved in this conflict, especially victim of his misbehaviour. Don't cloud your mind with preconceived ideas and opinions of not so active users.--Bill william compton (talk) 04:17, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
Global blocking for the old vandals
- PSherman42WallabyWaySydney   
- FirstClasskid    This account is not unified; but, it was active solely on one project.
As you see, these were the accounts that were created solely for the attacking behaviour. Kubura (talk) 02:53, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
Hello Jyothis, please see Steward requests/Bot status#Removal of global bot status. Thank you! --UV (talk) 22:44, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks again. But the Gadget script is not working there. Why so? 15:28, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
Plz help me
Hi Jyothis I can not write english lungage. I am writeing Hindi here नमस्कार! Jyothis जी मैं नेपाली विकिपीडियाका सिसप हुं परंतु मुझे उक्त विकिपर लेखोंको मोभ करना, सुरक्षित करना, मिटाना इत्यादी कार्य दिखता नहि इसके साथ ही मैं नेपाली विकिपीडिया पर भेंडस्लिम भी नही रोक सकता और किसिको विकि इमेल भी नहि भेज सकता यह सब कैसे हुआ मै समझ नही पाया कृपया मुझे मद्दत करें। --R.P.Joshi talk 05:49, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
Editor @ ar.wiki
Hello. I would like to inform you that I have granted you editor flag at the Arabic Wikipedia, all your edits there will be automatically marked as patrolled. Best regards.--Avocato (talk) 12:22, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
Bureaucrat request from hiwiki
Dear Jyothis, There were a request from hiwiki for Bureaucrat rights at here. First Bennylin asked some questions to nominated guy and after some-one have closed that request without any result. I don't understand why that request has been closed without any result? And even that has not been kept in archive also!☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 20:08, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for answer, but this is not the solution of problem. There are few users on Hindi wiki who doesn't know about Meta wiki and Stewards. I came to know this thing only 2 months ago. For every small problem we don't want to come to stewards and some of them (including me) doesn't have good knowledge of English (Since there is no stewards who knows Hindi better than you). The main thing is our community want a bureaucart right holder and selected a person with absolute majority. If after all this meta wiki is saying that we don't have any right to get a Bureaucrat right holder on hiwiki then it is complete discrimination with us. Even some smaller wikis which have less pages, less quality and less active users have Bureaucrat.
- Can you please guide me to the page where rules are written for a Bureaucrat for individual wiki.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 09:23, 8 October 2013 (UTC)
ब्लॉकिंग मी ऑन इंग्लिशविकी
हाय ज्योतिष! आई हैव बीन ब्लॉक्ड फॉर एन इन्डेफिनिट पीरियड ऑन इंग्लिश विकीपीडिया सिन्स २१ जून २०१२। यू कैन सी माई यूजरटाक पेज देयर। यू कैन आल्सो सी माई ग्लोबल कान्ट्रीब्युशन्स इन ऑर्डर टू असेस माई डिवोशन टू विकीपीडिया ऑर्गनाइजेशन। सिन्स यू कैन रीड हिन्दी टू सम एक्सटैन्ट दैट इज भाई आई ऐम राइटिंग इन हिन्दी स्क्रिप्ट। प्लीज हेल्प मी इफ यू कैन। सिन्स यू आर ए स्टीवर्ड हेयर आई ऐम राइटिंग टू यू। माई ईमेल डी इज वेरी सिम्पुल। इट इज क्रान्तएमएलवर्मा@जीमेलडॉटकॉम Krantmlverma (talk) 07:04, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
Blocking me on English Wiki
HAY? Jyothis! I have been blocked for an indefinite period on English Wikipedia since 21 June 2012. You can see my User Talk page there. You can also see my global contributions in order to assess my devotion to Wikipedia organization. Since I can not edit there and whenever I see my User's contributions on en.wiki it gives me an instant sock. They are not listening me to any extent. I had placed my clarification on my talk page recently but they refused to accede to my request there. One Shijualex has also visited to my house but he says that he is helpless because he does not have any administrative rights. I have also requested HERE but no reply was given by Thehelpfulone. Since you are having the Unblocking Rights, that is why I am approaching to you. Please do something if you can or R.S.V.P. at email@example.com Thanks...Krantmlverma (talk) 07:31, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
Global sysops list
|Hello, Jyothis. Check your email—you've got mail!
Hello Jyothis. Hindi Wiktionary has only 3 administrator and 2 two bureaucrat. None of them edited after 2012, so there is no one to perform administrative and bureaucratic tasks. Please promote any user to bureaucrat or administrator. Thank you--Wikiuser13 (talk) 11:55, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
Toolserver shutdown approaching
you still have some popular steward tools on the toolserver. What are your plans concerning migration to Tool Labs? The toolserver will be discontinued at the ende of this month (see toolserver-l)! Please let me know how we can help if you think you won't make it. Best, Silke WMDE (talk) 14:29, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
Hi Jyothis, I am admin on Hindi wikipedia. There some-one abused some users from two different IP's. I have blocked those IP's but is it possible to test those IP's. I mean which user is using those IP's? ☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 07:28, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi ! I want to share some problems with you, because you are connected with sa.wikipedia.org. Our admin is neglecting us. Admin is not involving us in policy making process and when we are propose some requests, then also he don't even reply us. I and many other users of sa.wikipedia.org are felt helpless against our Admin. Please guide us in this problem. if you will not take it seriously, then in future it may be a big problem of sa.wikipedia.org. NehalDaveND (talk) 12:12, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
Name of visual editor in Hindi
On Hindi wikipedia, we use the name यथादृश्य संपादिका for that there was a consensus on hiwiki village pump. On metawiki you still it is written as विज़ुअल सम्पादक on both places MediaWiki:Tag-visualeditor-description/hi and MediaWiki:Visualeditor-descriptionpagelink/hi. Can you please correct it? Or please let me know what I have to do to correct it.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 20:22, 27 July 2014 (UTC)
Bureaucrat on hiwiki
Hi Jyothis, Last year you said to me that hiwiki is a small community. So, we don't need any bureaucrat on our wiki. Today, I saw that on kkwiki there are only few admins kk:Арнайы:Қатысушылар/sysop and they have 2 bureaucrats (kk:Арнайы:Қатысушылар/bureaucrat). Why there is so much difference? Why we can't have a bureaucrat. Even, here you people are not listing us, for example you can see my above request and you even didn't bother to reply.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 13:14, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the information given by you. I can understand your busyness also. But according to you if one guy did a mistake on hiwiki, who is not active afterwards, so the whole wiki community gone black-listed? I couldn't understand this!
- I didn't translate the visual editor on translatewiki because I don't know the link or I don't have such permission. Can you please give me the right link? So, I can take care of such things in future.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 15:17, 7 August 2014 (UTC)