If this looks a bit intricate sorry, but I assume it will be quite simple in the end.
On Feb. 26, you blocked the account named Дарфбунк пакт дунфт (see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralAuth/Дарфбунк_пакт_дунфт) to prevent that user from cross wiki spamming.
Дарфбунк пакт дунфт had chosen (since Feb, 24, obviously) as a username the signature (on French Wikipedia...) of another user (Darthbunk Pakt Dunft (talk · contribs)), who was therefore blocked on the French Wikipedia. By therefore I mean 'as a collateral consequence of the fact you had blocked Дарфбунк пакт дунфт' and without any intent to second guess your action at all : I skip the initial episodes but your blocking him/her here seemed to have served on Fr. Wp as proof for their thinking both accounts were one user's (a banned user who seemed to have been harassing the same user on this Wikipedia and on the French one but I imagine you knew that when blocking the account).
I requested a sock puppet investigation to sort out if they were the same user (still unaddressed). As you evidently have had grounds to qualify Дарфбунк пакт дунфт as cross wiki spamming account, I imagine you may have hindsights on its existing or not interaction with Darthbunk Pakt Dunft (whose account you obviously did not block). Would you have time to share it (on the sock puppet investigation request page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Darthbunk_Pakt_Dunft) or here) so that things can be cleared up? Thanks in advance and sorry for the apparent complexity of my message, --S.P.R. Lewitt (talk) 23:04, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- No worries. I will take a look and see why it was locked. Sorry for a delayed response as I was on business travels. --Jyothis (talk) 11:16, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
Why am I blocked and would you please unblock me?
When I tried to edit something, I was told that IPs from my region were being blocked because of "Abused colo". I do not know what that means, but I am sure I have never abused any terms and conditions on Wikipedia. Please let me know if there is some other concern, or correct me if I am wrong.
- Thank you for the note - I will review as soon as I get on somewhere I can check. Are you using any proxy services to edit? --Jyothis (talk) 13:22, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello JyothiS, I need some help
- You should be able to request for a global rename, if you haven't done so. Sorry was away for a few weeks. --Jyothis (talk) 15:59, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
Block of my account
Hi Jyothis, I'm quite surprised, that you have blocked my account on commons - "long term abuse" ? What does that means, what is the fault, I have done? You see me absolutely surprised - coming back from holiday and seeing that block, having done nothing in the last three weeks. --Tine (talk) 12:41, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- I saw now, that I'm blocked in most Wikis, except the German Wikivoyage, where I'm an admin. Very odd! --Tine (talk) 12:47, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- I think, I have the explanation: I tried to edit with free wifi from a train station in the Netherlands, so I think, you blocked that IP-area. Now at home everything is fine again. But it's strange, if you get the notice being blocked... So - I'm back :-). --Tine (talk) 19:30, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- I think I did migrate them over, but never managed to find time to properly set it up there. I have to check. --Jyothis (talk) 11:57, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)