- 1 Usurpation
- 2 Why am I blocked and would you please unblock me?
- 3 Hello JyothiS, I need some help
- 4 Block of my account
- 5 toolserver
- 6 No renaming between November 20 and November 27
- 7 My images were deleted, no explanation was given
- 8 Account block
- 9 Account block - no response
- 10 Seeking reason for getting banned to edit wikipedia
- 11 User:Ayselonline@global
- 12 Ip Block
- 13 3 network blocked on all wikis
- 14 James jaysen bryhan
- 15 Help design a new feature to stop harassing emails
If this looks a bit intricate sorry, but I assume it will be quite simple in the end.
On Feb. 26, you blocked the account named Дарфбунк пакт дунфт (see https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralAuth/Дарфбунк_пакт_дунфт) to prevent that user from cross wiki spamming.
Дарфбунк пакт дунфт had chosen (since Feb, 24, obviously) as a username the signature (on French Wikipedia...) of another user (Darthbunk Pakt Dunft (talk · contribs)), who was therefore blocked on the French Wikipedia. By therefore I mean 'as a collateral consequence of the fact you had blocked Дарфбунк пакт дунфт' and without any intent to second guess your action at all : I skip the initial episodes but your blocking him/her here seemed to have served on Fr. Wp as proof for their thinking both accounts were one user's (a banned user who seemed to have been harassing the same user on this Wikipedia and on the French one but I imagine you knew that when blocking the account).
I requested a sock puppet investigation to sort out if they were the same user (still unaddressed). As you evidently have had grounds to qualify Дарфбунк пакт дунфт as cross wiki spamming account, I imagine you may have hindsights on its existing or not interaction with Darthbunk Pakt Dunft (whose account you obviously did not block). Would you have time to share it (on the sock puppet investigation request page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Darthbunk_Pakt_Dunft) or here) so that things can be cleared up? Thanks in advance and sorry for the apparent complexity of my message, --S.P.R. Lewitt (talk) 23:04, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- No worries. I will take a look and see why it was locked. Sorry for a delayed response as I was on business travels. --Jyothis (talk) 11:16, 29 March 2016 (UTC)
Why am I blocked and would you please unblock me?
When I tried to edit something, I was told that IPs from my region were being blocked because of "Abused colo". I do not know what that means, but I am sure I have never abused any terms and conditions on Wikipedia. Please let me know if there is some other concern, or correct me if I am wrong.
- Thank you for the note - I will review as soon as I get on somewhere I can check. Are you using any proxy services to edit? --Jyothis (talk) 13:22, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello JyothiS, I need some help
- You should be able to request for a global rename, if you haven't done so. Sorry was away for a few weeks. --Jyothis (talk) 15:59, 5 May 2016 (UTC)
Block of my account
Hi Jyothis, I'm quite surprised, that you have blocked my account on commons - "long term abuse" ? What does that means, what is the fault, I have done? You see me absolutely surprised - coming back from holiday and seeing that block, having done nothing in the last three weeks. --Tine (talk) 12:41, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- I saw now, that I'm blocked in most Wikis, except the German Wikivoyage, where I'm an admin. Very odd! --Tine (talk) 12:47, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- I think, I have the explanation: I tried to edit with free wifi from a train station in the Netherlands, so I think, you blocked that IP-area. Now at home everything is fine again. But it's strange, if you get the notice being blocked... So - I'm back :-). --Tine (talk) 19:30, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- I think I did migrate them over, but never managed to find time to properly set it up there. I have to check. --Jyothis (talk) 11:57, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)
My images were deleted, no explanation was given
All my images were deleted citing copyright violation, while no links were given where the images were found, except for one image that I recently uploaded and which triggered the deletion of each and every image of mine, barring a couple of them.
- They should have looked up on the internet and established whether the other images are elsewhere or not, but they didn't even search for the images and deleted them straight away.
- If the images were found elsewhere, then they could have nominated them for deletion and asked for my explanation,
- Or put the links where they found the images in edit summary.
- Or provided me with the links when I asked them repeatedly on their talk pages.
- They refused to cooperate with me, are ignoring me, deleting my messages on their talk pages which can get them in trouble. I've also asked them who else can I contact to in this regard, but they are not helping me in anyway.
- They are threatening me.
- I serve in Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), India and all the images were taken by me.
- No other image of mine that I uploaded on Wiki was on any other platform(s).
- I only contribute to articles related to OFB, you can see my past contributions from the very beginning. They have ruined my 4.5 years of work in one go.
- I'm also other online defence forums, but only active sporadically (due to health reasons and time constraints), you can see my activity on Wiki to verify this.
You are requested to have a look at the conversation: [] and [] and also look for the parts of the conversation that Didym has deleted from his talk page, another user ( CamHull2 ) has accidentally written in my section, but that goes to show how Didym is misusing his adminship and is not fit for the role of the same.
- Hi Jyothis,
- Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town. Can you explain which category do I fall in? Which email Id should I use? Do I even need to send the mail since I haven't found other images elsewhere? Whom to send the mail, it says it takes weeks for a volunteer to confirm. Thanks! --BharatRakshak (talk) 12:51, 9 January 2017 (UTC)
My account on the English Wikipedia has been blocked by yourself for some reason regarding an IP rangeblock. Some info from the block:
Your current IP address is 220.127.116.11, and the blocked range is 18.104.22.168/24. Please include all above details in any queries you make.
- Apologies for the inconvenience but we have observed large amount of spammers from the range which caused me to block the range temporarily. Could you please request for IPBlock Exemption for enwiki in the mean time? --Jyothis (talk) 18:47, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
Hi, i have got the following message: Your current IP address is 22.214.171.124, and the blocked range is 126.96.36.199/24. So this is a bit different to the previous person. Is it possible to exempt by username? I accept the need to stop vandalism from mobile users. I am a genuine user who wishes to add and update content on Shropshire . My user page is at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Malevan Malevan (talk) 21:00, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
Account block - no response
Seeking reason for getting banned to edit wikipedia
Hi I just found today while reading an article on wikipedia that my ip has been blocked from 15 July to 15 August and I cannot edit anything although I don't want to edit anything. I am interested to know the reason if my memory serves me right I have not tried to edit anything in recent past. All I want to know why have I been banned when I haven't done any wrongdoing? I saw an abusive edit by someone on an article here of which I have saved screenshots and came back to see if the abusive edited section is still there but it is not. But I am amazed when yesternight I tried to see if anyone can edit the page, to my shock it said on clicking it is not allowed to edit it to avoid vandalism why someone did edit that section and add abusive content which is a shocker. Anyway please give me the reason why did you block me specifically? You can get back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi, I am wikipedia user Cjwilky and have a mobile IP address of 188.8.131.52, and the blocked range is 184.108.40.206/24. This has only just happened for me. I've done nothing that I can see to warrent a block, so please advise me what to do. The only access I have is via this modile. You can contact me via my wiki page/email or on here. Thanks! Cjwilky (talk) 16:34, 2 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, me too! Mine is 220.127.116.11. 18.104.22.168 19:40, 2 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, what's this??? I'm a long time user of the german wikipedia and I don't know why? My IP adresse is 22.214.171.124 and the blocked range is 126.96.36.199/24. Please undo the blocking, because I want to edit something. Thank you Fährtenleser 19:26, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Jyothis, I was an anonymous IP editor and just signed up for an account, this is the first edit I am making with brand new account but it immediately says it is blocked? I know my ISP changes the IP regularly, is there a way to ensure that the IP blocks don't affect account users? Cheers. Judaizers (talk) 21:36, 9 August 2017 (UTC)
3 network blocked on all wikis
Hihi, wikipedia is reporting my i.p.(generic 3 network ) as 'blocked on all wikis' .. is this an error? BJ
Yep, seems ok now. Thanks :)
... ho hum , now blocked by Widr : 'Editing by unregistered users from your shared IP address or address range may be currently disabled due to abuse' - might be a thankless task trying to edit withou logging in .. (?)
James jaysen bryhan
I've been blocked for "abuse" while trying to add a new headshot for James Jaysen Bryhan. This after been given permission by him to use his head shots. The head shots has also been removed. Can this be added back and can I have the reason for being blocked.
Help design a new feature to stop harassing emails
The Anti-Harassment Tools team plans to start develop of a new feature to allow users to restrict emails from new accounts. This feature will allow an individual user to stop harassing emails from coming through the Special:EmailUser system from abusive sockpuppeting accounts.
We’re inviting you to join the discussion because you have experience dealing with abusive sockpuppeting accounts and you work across many wikis. We think that your insights will help us build a better feature.
It is important to hear from a broad range of people who are interested in the design of the tool, so we hope you join the discussion and let us know how it would work best for you.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 21:50, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.