How do you initiate barring IPs from creating content pages? Recently We had IPs creating copyright violations and another incident of creating an attack page. I believe it is time to Sinhala Wikipedia to move ahead. Best--Chanaka L (talk) 03:53, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Help for oriya wikipedia
Hello. I'm a new contributor on Oriya Wikipedia (its a very small one). I've been adding new pages and stubs. But there's no way to link them from main page. The only way to access them is via 'random article' link or searching for it. There's a serious need for adding the link to a contents page on the Main page. Also the main page requires some serious editing for grammatical mistakes. I could find no local sysops to deal with it. So I'm contacting you. Hope you're able to help. Thanks in advance. Coldbreeze16 11:58, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Qutation for transportation
Hello. Respond to the request, please. Your silence there has lasted almost a week. Thanks and excuse me for the inconvenience. --Rave 18:00, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
questions about lock
"5 August 2010 Jyothis changed status for global account "User:Thekohser-v.2@global": Set locked (Sock of a banned user)" <-- Jyothis, please link to where this user was banned. What does "Sock" mean? Jyothis, please link to the policy that says "Sock of a banned user" is a valid reason for locking an account. --JWSurf 01:18, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
അനീഷ് → Aneeshgs
I changed my user name അനീഷ്-->Aneeshgs in malayalam wiki and all wikis listed here but i canot log in to this wiki(meta.wikipedia)with the user name Aneeshgs now how can i get it(global user name) and what can i do?അനീഷ് 17:55, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hello. If you do not mind may be bot status to that account? http://tr.wikinews.org/w/index.php?title=Kullan%C4%B1c%C4%B1:CommonsDelinker&action=edit&redlink=1 Project:tr.wikinews Thanks.--Reality006 11:06, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
Has the user responded yet? Kylu 17:11, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
- Came here for the same thing. Has he responded? Am still waiting. :( Azeez 10:57, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
Hello, could you please have a checkuser on this request? I and other sysop of zhwp have waited over a week but no one responses. Hope you can check or give a comment. Thank you very much! --CDIP No.150 repair meter 16:31, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
hi, this is Jayanta from Bengali Wikipedia. I had got temporary admin ship for three times. If possible please allow me as non-expire admin at this time. Thank you in advance.Jayantanth 04:52, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
Changing the language name संस्कृत to संस्कृतम्
Hai, Naveen Sankar from Malayalam-Sanskrit wikipedias.
In the left side-bar of wikipedia, in the languages section, the name of sanskrit language wikipedia appears as संस्कृत (saṃskṛta) only. The same is the case in the wikipedia-sister-projects also. As far as my knowledge, संस्कृत is the base form of the word. For a dictionary* entry, using the base form is O.K. But, as the name of a language, it should be संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam) .
(*Even in a dictionary, using the base form is western style. In Indian language dictionaries, in the case of nouns, nominative case of the word is used).
When the word-root संस्कृत is used as the name of a language, it must be in neuter gender - NOMINATIVE CASE - singular form (napumsaka linga - prathama - ekavachana form). Such declension of संस्कृत is संस्कृतम्. Hence, as the name of a languge, we should use संस्कृतम्, not संस्कृत. But, I dont know how to change it. I had a talk with Sri. Shiju Alex. He suggested your name. Please help me to solve this problem..
Thanks and regards ..
Hi, Jyothis. I'm Furagaitas at Galician Wiktionary. I told you at #wikimedia-stewards (as FrGts) about the delition of the redirections created by the conversion script. These redirections were created in 2006 when wiktionaries became case-sensitive regarding the first letter of a page title, and all pages were moved to their lower-case initial titles. Some of these pages were moved again to upper-case (like Boden) or edited as new entries (like Boson); therefore not all must be deleted. If you need more information, contact me here or there. Thank you very much. [ Furagaitas * ] 19:54, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Perfect. Thanks. So could you help us with this, this and this (I'm sorry, I'm taking advantage of you). [ Furagaitas * ] 17:22, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
Hello, new MediaWiki version required
Hi there, Jyothis! The Oriya Wikipedia is missing its own version of MediaWiki:Common.css and MediaWiki:Common.js. I wish to improve this undeveloped wiki as soon as possible. Can you please help me? Contact me here only or here, in my English Wikipedia account soon. If you can't help, tell me soon and direct where I must go quickly. And can you explain me about Stewards? Well, you're one of 'em! Thanks,--Sainsf 15:57, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, so u r online? Well, you just take a view of the wiki. Mysdaao told me that the undeveloped situation of this wiki is because it is missing its own version of MediaWiki:Common.css and MediaWiki:Common.js. All I want is to develop this wiki by making it as nice as other wikis (as the Malayalam wikipedia) and this requires Metawiki's help. I don't know much about getting its version, so please help me soon.--Sainsf 16:10, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry but I don't have access to IRC and I am busy. But keep discussing. I'm at Wikipedia (English), you please mention whatever you want there, I'll answer there.--Sainsf 16:15, 16 November 2010 (UTC)
Sorry for not forming it formally once again with the templates, etc., but there is a still pending request on Steward requests/Checkuser#New cases for investigation. Thank you in advance. →Spiritia 23:16, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
Hello and Merry Christmas! Can you please attach my account at qu.wiki? It can be seen here at list of my global edits: http://toolserver.org/~luxo/contributions/contributions.php?user=Gdje+je+nestala+du%C5%A1a+svijeta&blocks=true or direct me where can i make my request . Thanks!
--Gdje je nestala duša svijeta 19:14, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
- I' ve tried that and it doesn' t work qu: wiki is not on that list. I' ve also tried loging in, but it says my password is incorrect. Thanks anyway.
- --Gdje je nestala duša svijeta 17:46, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- Yes I own this account, but I haven't registered mail at all, and surely use the same password. I'm not sure should I rename this account there I wont it unified. Maybe I am more worried about this qu wiki not being on the list at unified login.
- --Gdje je nestala duša svijeta 20:44, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
Formal request to members of STW election committee
I formally request votes from riffic to be discarded from the final tally since he has self admitted he's sabotaging the vote using his blanket votes as a protest mean, then polluting the actual numbers regarding the candidates trust. 188.8.131.52 18:03, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
Comment on recent global lock
- Should we unlock then? --Jyothis 03:04, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
- Better to wait to hear back from him. And resolving this can wait until the close of the Steward voting; I wish we had noticed and discussed it outside that context, since there are a few related things to clear up -- WMF policy, finally making global blocks work, how to communicate a lock to other stewards and to the locked user, how to reach stewards in a hurry, &c. –SJ · talk | translate 03:25, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Sockspuppets in lv.wikipedia
Hi, you asked to contact you in relation to sockpuppets I asked to check. If you don't want to discuss it in public, you can send me an e-mail - xilwikipedia at gmail com. Also I want to get IP address for puppet master (his main account is Krishjaanis) - autoblock works only few days and I'm pretty sure he'll be back ~~Xil...(talk) 19:18, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Jyothis, i have deleted this page due to these reasons please see this, this and this. Whatever he has done on English Wikipedia he has done same thing on Nepali Wikipedia also to gain cheap popularity. But one of sysop of ne wiki do not want to delete and reverted the page. But i think uniform rule should be there, similar action should be taken as it is done on en Wikipedia. Please pay attention to this and suggest me on my talk page.-- Bhawani 13:03, 10 March 2011 (UTC)
Not urgent, but I wanted you in particular (along with the other Stewards, if you think it would be good) to see this thread on the tenwiki Village Pump. Hope you're well, Steven Walling at work 02:10, 22 March 2011 (UTC)
Please, explain us
Hello! Please, provide us with link about this http://bs.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Prijedlozi_za_upravnika&action=edit§ion=8--Palapa 10:48, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
- Explained on the bswiki. --184.108.40.206 14:57, 12 February 2012 (UTC)