Hello, and welcome to meta, a multilingual wiki for meta-content and discussions about the Wikimedia projects.
You can get started in a few ways:
- Browse Recent Changes and reading our page of global policies
- Visit the Babel and Wikimedia forums
- Browse the latest project ideas and translation requests
- Read the latest news and see what else is going on here.
I on other Wikipedias
- After the above text was written, I have changed my user name on Swedish Wikipedia to User:Ternarius (which is now my global user name). Pinrut still exists on English Wikipedia, but I have abandon it, and there too use Ternarius. / Ternarius (talk) 09:19, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
Global renamer right
Pundit has closed your nomination for global renamer right as successful, and applied that right. Please subscribe to mail:global-renamers and send me an email so I can add you on that mailing list. You also might wish to check out the irc channel #wikimedia-rename. Good luck. Trijnsteltalk 15:05, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
My email asked you about the renaming Ikkefast~svrename to Knubbsäl, which was a consequence, apparently, of a previous renaming you had reverted on the 8th of october because the desired username was injurious in swedish. Céréales Killer rejected the current renaming request because the situation was not very clear. Could you please help the user find his way in our procedures? Thank you! Litlok (talk) 13:58, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, Litlok:
- I don't really know how to help the user. As I wrote in connection with my rename revert, I reverted the renaming since the chosen username was very vulgar in Swedish – we (=the users on Wikipedia in Swedish, where the user mainly was active) simply didn't want that name to show up in the contribution lists. I know, and sympatise with, that multiple renames is something we avoid here on meta. In this case however, I personally think that the user should have been allowed to rename his/her name, since it was forcible renamed. I am very reluctant, however, to act against Céréales Killer's descision. The only other existing alternative for the user is, as I see it, to register a new username and abandon the old, something I think is a pity, since the user has behaved well on Wikipedia in Swedish (if you don't count choosing an offensive username bad behavior).
- Best regards / Ternarius (talk) 14:27, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)
Byte av användarnamn
Jag vet inte riktigt hur jag ska gå tillväga för att byta användarnamn på Wikipedia men det stod något om att kontakta en "global renamer", något jag antar att du är. Jag skulle vara tacksom om du kan byta mitt användarnamn till EPIAC.
Tack på förhand.
- Hej, AminC99:
- Rent formellt ansöker du om namnbyte antingen på Steward requests/Username changes eller, eftersom jag förstår att du talar svenska, på den svenska sidan, sv:Wikipedia:Byte av användarnamn. Nu har du emellertid kommit hit, så jag ska ta hand om din begäran här. Jag återkommer om resultatet.
- Vänligen / Ternarius (talk) 05:24, 3 February 2017 (UTC)
- Normally request for username changes are filed on the Steward requests/Username changes page, but I have made an exception and changed your name. / Ternarius (talk) 21:41, 1 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you, yourself, Maxxnite! It's always nice to recieve appreciation for what one does. / Ternarius (talk) 01:53, 7 December 2021 (UTC)
Discussion moved to User talk:Abecesel