Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wiki oficial:
- Location: Haus der Jugend, a youth hostel with conference rooms and on-site dorms in Frankfurt am Main (Wikimania 2005 city)
- Attendance: 380, Wikimania 2005 participants
- Number of attendee countries: over 50 countries
- Conference languages: primarily English, German. The official languages of the conference include English, German, and French.
- Cost to attend:
- Accommodation: on-site at the Haus der Jugend (total beds 434)
- Keynote speakers: Jimmy Wales, Ward Cunningham, Richard Stallman, Ross Mayfield (Wikimania 2005:Speakers)
- Program information: Researchers and speakers presented studies and experiments on Wikipedia and other projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation, on wiki culture and technology, and on the world of free knowledge. The program included presentations, workshops, and tutorials to give an overview of the current state of research on wikis and free knowledge projects. Programme
- Link to CfP: Wikimania 2005 Call for Papers
- Link to program proceedings: Working page for the proceedings of Wikimania 2005, Page on commons with links to slides
- Sesión de videos:
- Pre- and post- conferences: A separate hacking days session for MediaWiki software developers and Wikimedia hardware maintainers was held on July 31-August 3
- WMF organizational meetings, special meetings: WMF Board panel, open to all conference attendees
- Temas: no.
- Types of submissions: Paper/Presentation, Short presentation, Poster, Workshop, Tutorial.
- Parallel sessions: 4-5
- Program committee:
- Link to photos: Wikimania 2005 on Wikimedia Commons
- Number of journalists attending:
- Media stories:
- Lead organizers (note! - this is from memory, please add to and/or correct if necessary): Elian, Arne, Delphine -- local general organizers; Angela, Erik, sj, Jakob, Patrick, (others?) -- program; Austin, JamesF -- network, registration; many others, see Wikimania 2005 organisers
- Planning wiki: mostly on meta
- Program/registration software used: big pieces of paper on the floor for the program; in-house software written by Austin (?) for registration
- Bid page:: Bids
Budget and funding:
- Total budget:
- Scholarship budget:
- Total scholarships awarded:
- Link to budget breakdown:
- Funds from the WMF:
- Sponsors: Answers.com, Socialtext Incorporated, DocCheck. Sun Microsystems sponsors the big Wikimania party on Saturday. Media partners: German Library Association and Linux New Media AG. List of the sponsors.
- Postmortem page: Improving on Wikimania 2005
- Suggestions page:
- Budget reports:
- Other reports:
- Wikimania 2005 Reports
- Wikimania 2005 feedback
- List of conference rooms of the Haus der Jugend http://www.jugendherberge-frankfurt.de/en/meetings/conference-rooms/.
- Wikimania 2005 hacking days.