Wikimania 2008 bid selection timeline
(Redirected from Wikimania 2008/Bids/Timeline)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- August 20, 2007: Bidding opens
- August 20: Jury selection announced
- August 30: Bidding creation ends. List of running cities announced.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date.
- September 23 (0:01 UTC): Bidding ends. All major information on bidding pages must be finalized.
- September 23 (15:00 UTC): Public meeting with existing bidders
- September 23: Question & Answer from jury begins.
- September 23 - October 5: Refining of bids and answering jury's questions.
- October 5: Question & Answer from jury ends
- October 6: Jury deliberation.
- on or before October 10: Announcement of host city to public.