|This Wikimania page is inactive and kept for historical interest. If you want to get the latest news on the coming Wikimania, or join the discussion of its planning, you may visit the conference's official website.|
- August 20, 2007: Bidding opens
- August 20: Jury selection announced
- August 30: Bidding creation ends. List of running cities announced.
- All cities which intend to run for the bidding process should have created a page on meta and entered the official list. New bids will not be accepted after this date.
- September 23 (0:01 UTC): Bidding ends. All major information on bidding pages must be finalized.
- September 23 (15:00 UTC): Public meeting with existing bidders
- September 23: Question & Answer from jury begins.
- September 23 - October 5: Refining of bids and answering jury's questions.
- October 5: Question & Answer from jury ends
- October 6: Jury deliberation.
- on or before October 10: Announcement of host city to public.
- March 19, 2008: Call for Participation, deadline for submission
- July 17 – 19: Wikimania 2008
- Official requirements for bidding cities (city templates)
- Judging criteria
- Judging process
- Wikimania 2008 bids
- Bidding selection timeline
- Planning meetings
- Expenses: something can be found in form 990, p. 24 (repeated at p. 26); totals at p. 2, line 4d (79,512 $ including grants for 17,709 $, revenue 15,674 $) as explained at p. 33.
A wishlist was generated for what Wikimania 2008 should include. Recommendations were solicited for what to avoid and what not to forget. Notes found at the Wikimania 2008 Wishlist.
Want to help with the online side of Wikimania 2008? Sign up here to help out.