|Cette page de Wikimania ne connaît plus d'activité et est conservée pour mémoire. Si vous souhaitez connaître les dernières nouvelles sur le prochain Wikimania, ou rejoindre les discussions sur son organisation, vous pouvez visitez le site officiel de la conférence.|
Wikimania 2020 is postponed to 2021
- 2023 (Singapore and hybrid)
- 2024 To be determined
- Détails des Wikimanias passées
- 2022 (Virtual event)
- 2021 (Virtual event)
- 2020 (Cancelled)
- 2018 (Le Cap, Afrique du Sud)
- 2017 (Montréal, Canada)
- 2016 (Esino Lario, Italie)
- 2015 (Mexico, Mexique)
- 2014 (Londres, Royaume-Uni)
- 2013 (Hong Kong, Chine)
- 2012 (Washington, D.C, États-Unis)
- 2011 (Haïfa, Israel)
- 2010 (Gdansk, Pologne)
- 2009 (Buenos Aires, Argentine)
- 2008 (Alexandrie, Egypte)
- 2007 (Taïpei, Taïwan)
- 2006 (Boston, États-Unis)
- 2005 (Francfort, Allemagne)
Wikimania 2020, a Wikimedia conference, was scheduled to be held in Bangkok, Thailand from 5 to 9 August, 2020, coinciding with the 15th anniversary of the event. In view of COVID-19, it was postponed until 2021. Wikimania 2021 was held as an online virtual event only, and Wikimania 2022 was virtual event combined with local meetups. Wikimania 2023 is a return to an in-real-life conference. It was planned to be hosted by Wikimedia ESEAP (East, Southeast Asia and the Pacific), a first time for a regional collaborative. It would have been the third time it would be hosted in Asia and the first time for Southeast Asia.
For more information, see wikimania.org.
Due to a series of changes in the management of Wikimania at the Wikimedia Foundation and after discussions with the proposed venues and new potential venues, the Wikimania Committee considered for Wikimania 2020 the venues of Perth, Bali and Bangkok and has been encouraging a broader collaboration among regional teams. The selected venue was officially announced at Wikimania 2019.
The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
Wikimania 2020 sera la 16e conférence Wikimania, une célébration et une assemblée annuelles pour la communauté internationale de Wikimedia.
Nous prendrons en compte des facteurs additionnels sur des sites/hôtes potentiels, particulièrement le coût, l'accessibilité, la sécurité et l'efficacité de l'équipe organisatrice. Dans le but de varier le lieu de la conférence dans différentes régions du monde, le comité de pilotage encourage particulièrement des propositions d'Asie. S'il vous plaît notez ceci :
- Conference should be held in a venue that is close to reasonably priced lodging (it can also be in a hotel or a campus itself)
- Lodging that is within walking distance that is affordable, clean, and safe (or transportation that can be easily provided for the attendees from the lodging to the venue)
- Reasonable transportation cost to Venue (international round trip air fare, length of travel time)
- Close proximity to an international airport
- Conference should be held in the July–August timeframe. The conference takes place over a weekend; the format is usually Tuesday through Sunday. (Religious holidays will be taken into account when finalizing actual dates.)
- A volunteer, core team comprised of people with heavy involvement in the Wikimedia movement’s projects; this team will be responsible for the conference program, providing volunteers and sponsors, doing local outreach, and working closely throughout the year with the WMF staff (the latter will handle most of the logistics)
- List any previous experience in hosting events
- Description about why host city/country is a compelling venue for Wikimania
- A goal/vision for how the conference might leverage a project or an issue that is of importance to the team/country
- Ease of getting entrance visas into the country AND transit visas for most of our attendees, (can discuss this in more detail with the Events Manager)
- Personal safety of participants (e.g., welcoming environment/culture regardless of people's sexual orientation, race, age, gender, expression, disability, etc.)
- Conference facilities should accommodate anywhere from 600 to 1,400 attendees, depending on location (the main hall of the venue should be able to host most of the attendees for the keynote talks) and be free or reasonably priced
- Flexible meeting space that can accommodate multiple tracks for five days
- Meeting space that is attractive for socializing and close to restaurants, transportation, etc.
- Excellent and fast network infrastructure, especially an enterprise grade wireless network.
If you are interested in discussing the possibilities and working with the WMF Events Manager in preparing a proposal to host and organize Wikimania 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org AND indicate your interest below by October 15. Do not prepare a proposal or bid in the space below. Final proposals will be posted at this site at a later date. Also, if you know of an individual or group that we should approach about hosting, we are encouraging nominations as well. The Steering Committee and the WMF expect to make a decision by the end of the year or early 2019. Thank you! --EYoung (WMF) (talk) 22:37, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Manifestations d'intérêt (liste ici)
- Wikimedia Armenia; Yerevan; 2020; --WikiTatik (talk) 03:41, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
- Wikimedia Australia; Perth 2020; Gnangarra (talk) 02:16, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- Seoul, South Korea; Wikimedians of South Korea --Ryuch (talk) 08:10, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- proposer did not engage around specifics of proposal--EYoung (WMF) (talk) 19:44, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- Bali, Indonesia; Wikimedia Indonesia --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 20:21, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
- Cek village, Azerbaijan. --►Cekli829 20:12, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Proposer didn't engage with WMF Events Manager as instructed --EYoung (WMF) (talk) 19:44, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- Karavali Wikimedians Mangalore--Lokesha kunchadka (talk) 16:26, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- This entry made after deadline--EYoung (WMF) (talk) 19:44, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- ↑ "Wikimania – Wikimania". wikimania.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 2019-09-01.
- ↑ "(Wikimania-l) (Covid-19) Postponing Wikimania Bangkok until 2021". lists.wikimedia.org. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
2019: Page / site | 2020: Page / site | 2021: Page / site | 2022: Page / site | 2023: Page / site | 2024: Page