- Steering Committee - Agreeing on membership (Members-at-Large)
- Page organization
- Cary mentioned that the new derivatives of the old Wikimedia Canada logo (including maple leafs, etc.) would not be permitted per Wikimedia Foundation guidelines.
Discussion moderated with Steering Committee members voiced.
- The Steering Committee Legal Coordinator, Gerald, provides an update on the bylaws.
- The Chapters Committee representative, Andrew W, will soon review the proposed bylaws in depth.
- Gerald will be getting a lawyer to look through the bylaws next week.
- Gerald estimates that the bylaws will be "legal-ready" in the next couple weeks.
Steering Committee membership
Discussion moderated with Steering Committee members voiced.
- Discussion about Members-at-Large is continued from past meetings.
- Approximately three members are intended to be added. Five people expressed interest at the January 30th meeting, one of which dropped out of the race.
- The only person that previously expressed interested that was present was Ayelie.
- Ayelie says that she could help out with organizing and managing the wiki pages about Wikimedia Canada as well as helping with graphic design.
- Ayelie was appointed as a member of the Steering Committee as Webmaster.
- It was decided that it would be best not to appoint people to the Steering Committee who are not present.
- Cary contacts Jesse and Shanel and requests that they come to the meeting.
- Jesse and Shanel arrive.
- Jesse and Shanel decide not to join the committee, but to help out in an auxiliary capacity.
- Discussion followed on what the Steering Committee will be doing.
Logo - Part 2
- It is mentioned again that we cannot use WMF logo derivatives.
- The possibility of using a different logo is discussed. It would probably not be permitted, unless we used it as a second informal logo.
- The use of a second logo is discussed.
- Different views are expressed regarding representation from the Wikimedia Foundation.
Discussion moderated with Steering Committee members voiced.
- Alan requested that the channel became moderated to filter out non-Steering Committee discussion.
- Cary gets voiced to express an opinion regarding Foundation representation.
- Casey joins in the conversation.
- Page organization discussion is moved to the next meeting.
- Steering Committee members are asked to submit contact information to Secretary, Mitchell.
- The next meeting is scheduled for February 20, 2008.
All times are UTC -6.
[2008-02-13 19:08:48] <Mitchell> For those not aware: http://tinyurl.com/2j5gmb is tonight's agenda [2008-02-13 19:09:24] <Alan_Ca> So we're waiting on Ohana? [2008-02-13 19:09:59] <Ayelie> I believe so, he should be back very soon [2008-02-13 19:10:13] <HOTR> Has he checked in? [2008-02-13 19:10:32] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v Alan_Ca by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:10:45] <HOTR> We can get started and let him catch up, as long as he has a scrolling IRC client [2008-02-13 19:10:58] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v HOTR by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:11:09] <Ayelie> Perhaps we can start with the bylaw briefing? if no input is necessary for that [2008-02-13 19:11:17] <Ayelie> leave discussion about the steering committee until he's returned [2008-02-13 19:11:29] <Alan_Ca> I hate to delay, but Ohana is an important part of the meeting [2008-02-13 19:11:40] <Alan_Ca> Did he say how long he was to be away? [2008-02-13 19:11:41] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v Mitchell by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:11:48] <cary> okay, while we're still unmoderated, can I say: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:WMF-_Canada_-_unofficial.png ow! [2008-02-13 19:11:56] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v OhanaUnited|away by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:12:03] <cary> I mean, it looks great, but [2008-02-13 19:12:18] <Mitchell> WMF guidelines... [2008-02-13 19:12:22] <cary> right.... [2008-02-13 19:12:28] <Ayelie> cary we're discussing that later [2008-02-13 19:12:29] * kibble likes Ayelie 's and fits best with WMF guidelines [2008-02-13 19:12:30] <HOTR> Sure, I'll start with the bylaw update [2008-02-13 19:12:36] <Ayelie> I'm doing the logo speech later :) [2008-02-13 19:12:39] <kibble> oh, you guys haven't seen that yet ;-) [2008-02-13 19:12:45] <Mitchell> Logo is on the agenda :) [2008-02-13 19:12:48] <Alan_Ca> HOTR we're waiting on Ohana [2008-02-13 19:12:58] <kibble> * Users on #wikimedia-ca: +HOTR StephaneThibault wknight8111 +Alan_Ca cary kibble jansonvv +OhanaUnited|away +Mitchell idealites Az1568 Warpath @ChanServ Ayelie [2008-02-13 19:13:05] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca HOTR can go ahead and give the update, OhanaUnited|away can read when he returns? [2008-02-13 19:13:13] <Ayelie> there's no input necessary if it's just an update [2008-02-13 19:13:25] <Alan_Ca> I understand, but i want to give him 5 more minutes [2008-02-13 19:13:53] <OhanaUnited|away> sry, i'm back [2008-02-13 19:13:56] <Warpath> O_O [2008-02-13 19:13:58] =-= OhanaUnited|away is now known as OhanaUnited [2008-02-13 19:14:00] <Mitchell> :) [2008-02-13 19:14:03] * Mitchell rejoices [2008-02-13 19:14:11] <Ayelie> aha! [2008-02-13 19:14:29] <OhanaUnited> thank god alan's here [2008-02-13 19:14:50] <OhanaUnited> brb, off for 2 mins to go to some other place with stronger internet strength [2008-02-13 19:14:50] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v wknight8111 by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:14:54] <Alan_Ca> Ok, if someone with irc no how could put it plus M [2008-02-13 19:14:56] |<-- OhanaUnited has left irc.freenode.net () [2008-02-13 19:15:00] <Alan_Ca> *know [2008-02-13 19:15:19] * cary points at kibble [2008-02-13 19:15:26] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +o Mitchell by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:15:29] <HOTR> Bylaws: I sent wikiknight a link to the copy, and he will comment on the talk page (he hasn't posted anything yet). Cbrown and another contrib have added comments so far [2008-02-13 19:15:35] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +m by Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:15:40] <Alan_Ca> Thanks Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:15:42] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -o Mitchell by Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:15:49] <Alan_Ca> Thank you for attending everyone [2008-02-13 19:16:05] <Alan_Ca> It's too bad that we lost ohana, but it seems his Internet can be hit or miss at the best of times [2008-02-13 19:16:24] <Mitchell> :( [2008-02-13 19:16:37] <Alan_Ca> WKnight, in respect to HOTRs comments, will you have an opportunity to review the bylaws at some point in the near future? [2008-02-13 19:17:40] <Alan_Ca> ok, moving along :) [2008-02-13 19:17:42] <HOTR> I've worked through a bit of the dead tree boilerplate, and have made some notes which I will be adding to the wikipages. It was my hope to have a lawyer friend just skim through it, and let me know if there were any "Woa there" problems, but he's not available until next week [2008-02-13 19:18:08] <Alan_Ca> Ok, so HOTR we should expect something by the end of February? [2008-02-13 19:18:54] <HOTR> Alan_Ca: Yes, wknight has been extremely helpful, and I appreciate him reviewing the bylaws. He has indicated that he will comment on them. [2008-02-13 19:19:23] <HOTR> Alan_Ca: Yes, for end of february. [2008-02-13 19:19:32] <Mitchell> :) [2008-02-13 19:19:34] <Alan_Ca> ok, I want to be careful not to task him with reviewing them frequently as I'm sure they will change as we have public discussion about some of the controversial components [2008-02-13 19:20:02] <Alan_Ca> HOTR, can you identify any controversial components in the bylaws? [2008-02-13 19:20:05] -->| OhanaUnited (i=OhanaUni@user24-90.wireless.utoronto.ca) has joined #wikimedia-ca [2008-02-13 19:20:07] <HOTR> I think that as is, they are shaping up pretty nicely. We still need to have more of a statement of purpose, but I'm not sure that is legally needed in the bylaws themselves. [2008-02-13 19:20:09] <Alan_Ca> I know membership fees is one issue [2008-02-13 19:20:19] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v OhanaUnited by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:20:26] <HOTR> I'm aiming to have them legal-ready in the next couple of weeks. [2008-02-13 19:20:48] <Alan_Ca> HOTR, please be sure to ask about how we would deal with the membership fee in relation to launching the corporation [2008-02-13 19:22:51] <Alan_Ca> Ok Hotr? [2008-02-13 19:23:14] <HOTR> I will; but I'm quite sure that the actual fee should not be enshrined in the bylaws themselves. A reference to "a fee, if any", should be good enough. [2008-02-13 19:23:41] <Alan_Ca> Hotr, I mean in terms of having the fee in place for the voting of the first official board of directors [2008-02-13 19:24:04] <Alan_Ca> As in, I wish to have a fee instated as part of the formation process, if not in the bylaw text as an appendix [2008-02-13 19:24:23] <Alan_Ca> But that is a point which we will debate, but I want to know if we decide to go that way how we would do that [2008-02-13 19:24:42] <HOTR> Ok, I've made a note of it, and I will ask for clarification. [2008-02-13 19:24:59] <Alan_Ca> Thank you [2008-02-13 19:25:09] <Alan_Ca> The other pressing issue we have is that of the members at large [2008-02-13 19:25:30] <Mitchell> Firstly, how many? [2008-02-13 19:25:37] <Mitchell> I was thinking three. [2008-02-13 19:26:00] <OhanaUnited> ditto [2008-02-13 19:26:13] <OhanaUnited> but also 4 [2008-02-13 19:26:17] <OhanaUnited> either way... [2008-02-13 19:26:22] <HOTR> How many nominations do we have? [2008-02-13 19:26:32] <Alan_Ca> Ok, Ayelie wishes to join this discussion [2008-02-13 19:26:34] <Mitchell> 4 so far I think [2008-02-13 19:26:41] <Alan_Ca> Quick poll, is that fair? [2008-02-13 19:26:54] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v Ayelie by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:27:02] <Alan_Ca> ok, so it is done [2008-02-13 19:27:12] <Alan_Ca> I wanted to say that I don't want to turn away volunteers [2008-02-13 19:27:12] <Ayelie> Thank you :) [2008-02-13 19:27:41] <HOTR> The steering committee should be a bit flexible ... we're here to get a job done, not get tied up too much on formalities, IMHO [2008-02-13 19:27:41] <Alan_Ca> My reasoning for forming a committee is to try and keep a tightly focussed group together on starting the charity [2008-02-13 19:28:39] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +o Mitchell by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:28:41] <OhanaUnited> how about... 4 for now, and if we want to add more individuals, then it goes thru a vote inside steering committee [2008-02-13 19:28:47] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -m by Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:28:57] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -v Mitchell by Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:29:03] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -o Mitchell by Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:29:07] <kibble> :-D [2008-02-13 19:29:10] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v Mitchell by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:29:12] <Mitchell> oops [2008-02-13 19:29:18] <Alan_Ca> Mitchell, didn't someone resign from the list? [2008-02-13 19:29:24] <Mitchell> Yes [2008-02-13 19:29:27] <OhanaUnited> yes [2008-02-13 19:29:36] <Mitchell> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Canada/Steering_Committee [2008-02-13 19:29:39] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie, where are you located? [2008-02-13 19:29:49] <Mitchell> coldacid resined from the race [2008-02-13 19:29:53] <Ayelie> I'm in Waterloo at the moment [2008-02-13 19:29:57] <Ayelie> I live in Ottawa usually. [2008-02-13 19:30:09] <Alan_Ca> and you want to help out how? [2008-02-13 19:30:36] <Mitchell> Current noms: Shanel, Pathoschild, Ayelie, and Ktsquare [2008-02-13 19:30:46] <Ayelie> Any way I can :) I've designed the logo so far, I'm up for updating wiki pages and sending out notices of meetings, I can also do other graphic designs if we need letterheads etc. [2008-02-13 19:30:59] <OhanaUnited> i support including all 4 current noms [2008-02-13 19:31:10] <Alan_Ca> I don't have an issue, if they have a purpose [2008-02-13 19:31:11] <cary> Shanel and Pathoschild are effectively a combined unit :) [2008-02-13 19:31:12] <OhanaUnited> and if there're moe people wishing to help, they can contact steering committee [2008-02-13 19:31:13] <Mitchell> I don't think we have a good graphic artist yet [2008-02-13 19:31:26] * kibble poitns at Ayelie [2008-02-13 19:31:32] <Mitchell> exactly :) [2008-02-13 19:31:34] <cary> (just my thoughts) so putting one on is like putting both of them on. :-) [2008-02-13 19:31:34] <Ayelie> :D [2008-02-13 19:31:39] <Alan_Ca> I don't know Ayelie, but she seems interested in handling that side of things [2008-02-13 19:31:47] <HOTR> We could do 4 members at large ... the only thing I'd like to ensure is that we have one Francophone in that group (I think Pathos fits that in the current group) [2008-02-13 19:32:00] <Ayelie> Cary and kibble can vouch for me, they know me well - if you need outside opinions ;) [2008-02-13 19:32:00] <kibble> and Shanel is like fr-2 or so [2008-02-13 19:32:05] <kibble> Ayelie, :-D [2008-02-13 19:32:11] <Alan_Ca> but we don't need two people for that job [2008-02-13 19:32:13] <cary> Pathos is definitely a bilingual [2008-02-13 19:32:16] <Ayelie> Pathoschild is bilingual, he's in Quebec. [2008-02-13 19:32:50] <Alan_Ca> Ok, well I move that we appoint Ayelie as the Web editor [2008-02-13 19:33:05] <Alan_Ca> She seems to have skills in both official languages and a great interest in maintaining the project page [2008-02-13 19:33:17] <Mitchell> Seconded as Webmaster [2008-02-13 19:33:30] <HOTR> Ayelie: Is he Francophone? (We have some other fr+1 people on list/in here, but I think it would be good if we had a native speaker onboard) [2008-02-13 19:33:31] <Alan_Ca> Any opposition? [2008-02-13 19:33:33] <Ayelie> Pathoschild is also a html/css guru, I believe he was designing the main page - we can work together on that front [2008-02-13 19:33:42] <Ayelie> so he can do the French portions with me. [2008-02-13 19:33:43] <cary> Pathoschild is a native bilingual [2008-02-13 19:33:49] <Ayelie> I think that will work out perfectly [2008-02-13 19:33:50] <Mitchell> http://tinyurl.com/34y7cx [2008-02-13 19:33:53] <cary> both languages [2008-02-13 19:33:57] <Mitchell> I started a but of something [2008-02-13 19:33:59] <Mitchell> *bit [2008-02-13 19:34:06] <Mitchell> For the project page [2008-02-13 19:34:12] <Alan_Ca> Well I am uncomforable appointing people who are not present [2008-02-13 19:34:20] <cary> I'm looking for him [2008-02-13 19:34:20] <Alan_Ca> as attendance is a big part of workin on this team [2008-02-13 19:34:28] <Alan_Ca> Possibly we could discuss that possibility at another time [2008-02-13 19:34:34] <kibble> Alan_Ca, well, they were here for the other meetings [2008-02-13 19:34:47] <kibble> their schedules probalby had a conflict [2008-02-13 19:34:48] <Alan_Ca> Right, but I'm not comfortable giving them a position while they are absent [2008-02-13 19:34:52] <Alan_Ca> That's fine [2008-02-13 19:34:55] <Alan_Ca> But they are not here now [2008-02-13 19:35:05] <Alan_Ca> Ohana, your thoughts? [2008-02-13 19:35:06] <OhanaUnited> they have expressed interest in helping [2008-02-13 19:35:10] <OhanaUnited> it's the thought that counts [2008-02-13 19:35:14] <Alan_Ca> Not really [2008-02-13 19:35:19] <Alan_Ca> It's the contribution that counts [2008-02-13 19:35:25] <Alan_Ca> Thinking all day long will not get us any closer to our goal [2008-02-13 19:35:27] <cary> I've sent word out. He'll hopefully be here shortly. [2008-02-13 19:35:33] <Alan_Ca> And assigning a position to someone is a big deal [2008-02-13 19:35:47] <OhanaUnited> reword what i said, it's the contribution that counts [2008-02-13 19:35:49] <Alan_Ca> In the sense that we have to make time during our meetings to solicit their opinion [2008-02-13 19:36:03] <Alan_Ca> Ok [2008-02-13 19:36:25] <Alan_Ca> I move that we have defer any consideration of other committee members until they are present at a future meeting [2008-02-13 19:36:30] <kibble> sure [2008-02-13 19:36:31] -->| Pathoschild (n=Jesse@wikimedia/Pathoschild) has joined #wikimedia-ca [2008-02-13 19:36:35] <kibble> finally, Pathoschild [2008-02-13 19:36:38] <Ayelie> Speak of the devil [2008-02-13 19:36:43] <kibble> and get shanel in here, she's not responding [2008-02-13 19:36:45] * Pathoschild waves hello. [2008-02-13 19:36:47] <cary> When I work, I work [2008-02-13 19:36:53] <kibble> :-) [2008-02-13 19:37:02] <Alan_Ca> Pathoschild, why were you absent from the meeting? [2008-02-13 19:37:07] <Mitchell> And how about Ktsquare? [2008-02-13 19:37:16] <Alan_Ca> WE cannot consider people who are not here [2008-02-13 19:37:20] -->| Shanel (i=82716fd2@wikimedia/Shanel) has joined #wikimedia-ca [2008-02-13 19:37:26] * cary doesn't know any secret ways of contacting Ktsquare [2008-02-13 19:37:42] <Shanel> Magical MSN? [2008-02-13 19:37:45] * kibble huggels Shanel [2008-02-13 19:37:52] <Pathoschild> Alan_Ca: I was doing other things and forgot. If anyone pokes me, I'll pop in. :) [2008-02-13 19:38:03] <Alan_Ca> Pathoschild, what's your first name? [2008-02-13 19:38:09] <Pathoschild> Jesse. [2008-02-13 19:38:13] <Shanel> Nobody knows how to contact you except me, sucky. :P [2008-02-13 19:38:24] <kibble> Shanel, cary got him :-P [2008-02-13 19:38:33] <Pathoschild> I'm usually on IRC, except it crashed without my noticing. :) [2008-02-13 19:38:36] <Alan_Ca> Jesse, it has been stated that you have an interest in serving on the committee? [2008-02-13 19:38:39] <Shanel> kibble: Cary got me to get him. :P [2008-02-13 19:38:43] <kibble> :-) [2008-02-13 19:39:17] <Shanel> Alan_Ca: He would, if he doesn't have to do large amount of work. ;) [2008-02-13 19:39:33] <Alan_Ca> Can Jesse answer directly please? [2008-02-13 19:39:35] <kibble> Alan_Ca, he's really a hard worker at times, don't listen to Shanel [2008-02-13 19:39:39] <Pathoschild> Alan_Ca: I'm interesting in helping out with translations, the wiki technical side (coding pages and templates, for example), and possibly in drafting documents. [2008-02-13 19:39:48] <Shanel> kibble: Shush you. :) [2008-02-13 19:39:54] <kibble> Shanel, just tellin it like it is [2008-02-13 19:39:55] <kibble> :-P [2008-02-13 19:40:06] <kibble> Shanel, you're talkin smack about my daddy >:| [2008-02-13 19:40:10] <Alan_Ca> Jesse, do you feel that you can make the committment to be present for the meetings? Or would you prefer to help out in an auxilary capacity? [2008-02-13 19:40:11] <Pathoschild> Not necessarily on the committee, although I'm not entirely antipathic to the idea. [2008-02-13 19:40:17] <Alan_Ca> Ok [2008-02-13 19:40:44] <Alan_Ca> I appreciate your interest Jesse, I think you can provide a great deal of help, but I believe it would be best if you were not on the committee itself [2008-02-13 19:40:59] <Alan_Ca> Ohana, mitch, your thoughts? [2008-02-13 19:41:29] <Mitchell> Not much to say, if they're interested in STeerCom, I'd support them. [2008-02-13 19:42:07] <Alan_Ca> I don't know if we all agree on the reason for having a committee versus a dynamic group [2008-02-13 19:42:20] <OhanaUnited> i hav to think [2008-02-13 19:42:33] <Pathoschild> Alan_Ca: That's fine with me. I don't mind helping in an auxiliary capacity. [2008-02-13 19:42:34] <Mitchell> I see the Steering COmmittee as just that -- steering the group. [2008-02-13 19:43:02] <Alan_Ca> Well Mitchell, the committee is a directed team [2008-02-13 19:43:02] <Alan_Ca> As a team we need regular attendance to meetings [2008-02-13 19:43:09] <Alan_Ca> It's not about who we like or not, it's about who has time to help [2008-02-13 19:43:11] <Shanel> Pathoschild: Translating I hope. :D [2008-02-13 19:43:14] <Mitchell> Yea [2008-02-13 19:43:19] <Alan_Ca> Thanks Jesse [2008-02-13 19:43:25] <Alan_Ca> You're really simplifying my life here :) [2008-02-13 19:43:30] <Pathoschild> :) [2008-02-13 19:43:30] <kibble> Alan_Ca, it would be helpful if you sent out a reminder to the mailing list before each meeting [2008-02-13 19:43:33] <kibble> (just a suggestion) [2008-02-13 19:43:45] <Alan_Ca> Sure Kibble, but let's stay focussed on this issue [2008-02-13 19:43:46] <Mitchell> I meant to do that today :( [2008-02-13 19:43:54] <Alan_Ca> Shanel, is your first name Shanel? [2008-02-13 19:44:02] <kibble> Alan_Ca, it is; you said people did not attend, that's a solution [2008-02-13 19:44:18] <Shanel> Alan_Ca: Yep. [2008-02-13 19:44:34] <Alan_Ca> Right Kibble, thank you [2008-02-13 19:44:49] <Alan_Ca> Shanel, do you have an interest in serving on the steering committee? [2008-02-13 19:45:59] <Shanel> Alan_Ca: I am interested in helping, but I am not sure what I'd be able to do on the steering committee. And since I'm in school I'd make that my first priority. [2008-02-13 19:46:17] <Alan_Ca> Ok, so possibly another auxiliary volunteer? [2008-02-13 19:46:22] <Shanel> Yep. :) [2008-02-13 19:46:28] <Alan_Ca> That sounds great to me as well [2008-02-13 19:46:51] =-= HOTR is now known as HistoryOnTheRoad [2008-02-13 19:47:04] <Shanel> Hey History [2008-02-13 19:47:10] <Alan_Ca> Ok [2008-02-13 19:47:18] <Alan_Ca> So Mitchell, do you have what you need to know? [2008-02-13 19:47:30] <Mitchell> For what? [2008-02-13 19:47:35] <HistoryOnTheRoad> Shanel: :) [2008-02-13 19:47:47] <Shanel> :D [2008-02-13 19:47:49] <Alan_Ca> Defining the members [2008-02-13 19:47:56] <Mitchell> I think so [2008-02-13 19:48:13] <Mitchell> So we have Ayelie, Pathos (Jesse) and Shanel? [2008-02-13 19:48:25] <Mitchell> Ayelie being the webmaster [2008-02-13 19:48:36] <Mitchell> Correct? [2008-02-13 19:48:38] <Alan_Ca> So we dropped all the members at large except Ayelie and we will wait and see on KtSquare, but officially KTSquare is not on the committee [2008-02-13 19:48:42] <Alan_Ca> Yes [2008-02-13 19:49:02] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie, you will need to work with Mitchell closely as he manages a lot of the records and communications [2008-02-13 19:49:07] <Ayelie> Pathoschild are you still interested in helping with the webpage design and updating, particularly the French porition? [2008-02-13 19:49:12] <Ayelie> *portion [2008-02-13 19:49:17] <Pathoschild> Ayelie: Yep. [2008-02-13 19:49:23] <Ayelie> alright, perfect :D [2008-02-13 19:49:36] <Pathoschild> Ayelie: Speaking of which, did you have a design done? [2008-02-13 19:49:38] <Mitchell> Ayelie: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Greeves/Sandbox_2 [2008-02-13 19:49:45] <Mitchell> eneryone for that matter [2008-02-13 19:49:50] <Mitchell> *everyone [2008-02-13 19:49:52] <Ayelie> Pathoschild: no I did the logo instead, I thought you were working on the design ;) [2008-02-13 19:49:55] <Shanel> Are members-at-large part of the committee? [2008-02-13 19:50:02] <Mitchell> yes [2008-02-13 19:50:03] <Ayelie> and ktsquare said he would work on a design as well [2008-02-13 19:50:12] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v Shanel by ChanServ [2008-02-13 19:50:13] <Alan_Ca> We don't have any members at large really anymore [2008-02-13 19:50:14] <Ayelie> I still can, I just focused on the logo last week [2008-02-13 19:50:19] <Shanel> Mitchell: What exactly do they do? [2008-02-13 19:50:29] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie is the only one from that list that we decided to put on board [2008-02-13 19:50:32] <Mitchell> Part of the committee without a specific function [2008-02-13 19:50:34] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca is my position now Webmaster instead of member-at-large? [2008-02-13 19:50:41] <Ayelie> or am I the sole member-at-large left? [2008-02-13 19:50:46] <Alan_Ca> The rest we two not able to committ and one who isn't here that will be addressed at another time [2008-02-13 19:50:49] * Mitchell is confused [2008-02-13 19:50:58] <Alan_Ca> Mitchell [2008-02-13 19:51:01] <Mitchell> So is Ayelie the only new member?\ [2008-02-13 19:51:08] <Alan_Ca> Just give Ayelie the title, she wants [2008-02-13 19:51:11] <Mitchell> Yes [2008-02-13 19:51:13] <Alan_Ca> IT doesn't matter to me [2008-02-13 19:51:22] <Mitchell> and is pathos and shanel on the committee now? [2008-02-13 19:51:25] <Alan_Ca> no [2008-02-13 19:51:27] <Mitchell> k [2008-02-13 19:51:32] <Alan_Ca> They will help out in an auxiliary capacity [2008-02-13 19:51:36] <OhanaUnited> so everyone agrees? [2008-02-13 19:51:43] <Alan_Ca> This will save them the time of being bogged down in administrivia [2008-02-13 19:51:48] * Pathoschild ayes. [2008-02-13 19:51:56] <kibble> Alan_Ca, can we go onto the pretty pictures now? [2008-02-13 19:51:56] <kibble> logos* [2008-02-13 19:52:01] <Ayelie> :D [2008-02-13 19:52:03] <Alan_Ca> Sure [2008-02-13 19:52:03] * Shanel yos [2008-02-13 19:52:07] <Alan_Ca> First question [2008-02-13 19:52:18] <Ayelie> I need to give a little speech and run-down of the situation first. [2008-02-13 19:52:18] <Alan_Ca> Does anyone here understand the guildelines for a logo according to WMF? [2008-02-13 19:52:27] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca can I cover that please? [2008-02-13 19:52:27] <kibble> yes [2008-02-13 19:52:30] <Alan_Ca> Sure Ayelie [2008-02-13 19:52:33] |<-- Shanel has left irc.freenode.net (Nick collision from services.) [2008-02-13 19:52:35] <Alan_Ca> Let's let Ayelie run with this [2008-02-13 19:52:35] <Ayelie> Thanks [2008-02-13 19:52:36] [INFO] No such nick/channel [2008-02-13 19:52:40] * Ayelie gets on her soapbox [2008-02-13 19:53:06] <Ayelie> First of all, WMF identify guidelines for their logo mean you can't make modifications beyond adding a name such as "Canada" under "Wikimedia" [2008-02-13 19:53:35] <Ayelie> We can't have modifications of the existing logo such as the proposed ones at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:WMF-_Canada_-_unofficial.png and http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:WMF-_Canada_-_redone.png [2008-02-13 19:53:41] <Mitchell> Though I do like the logo :) [2008-02-13 19:53:47] <Alan_Ca> As do I [2008-02-13 19:53:49] <Ayelie> They are neat, but not allowed. [2008-02-13 19:53:51] <Ayelie> SO. [2008-02-13 19:53:52] <Mitchell> :( [2008-02-13 19:53:58] <Ayelie> I created a new one [2008-02-13 19:53:59] <Alan_Ca> So life going on :) [2008-02-13 19:54:02] <Ayelie> with several versions [2008-02-13 19:54:05] <Alan_Ca> Do you have a link? [2008-02-13 19:54:10] <Ayelie> Before I link them, though I'd like to point out [2008-02-13 19:54:13] -->| Shanel (i=82716fd2@wikimedia/Shanel) has joined #wikimedia-ca [2008-02-13 19:54:30] <Ayelie> Delphine stated that chapter logos have to be the boring WMF logo with "canada" underneath. [2008-02-13 19:54:41] <Shanel> Ewwwww [2008-02-13 19:54:44] <Shanel> Boring [2008-02-13 19:54:48] <Ayelie> so our OFFICIAL logo has to be http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimediacanada-logo.png [2008-02-13 19:54:49] <Alan_Ca> But life [2008-02-13 19:55:00] <Ayelie> HOWEVER. she stated we can probably have a "community logo" [2008-02-13 19:55:12] <Alan_Ca> I definately oppose a community logo [2008-02-13 19:55:19] <Alan_Ca> We should only have one logo [2008-02-13 19:55:21] <Ayelie> Her statement was [2008-02-13 19:55:28] <Ayelie> "However, I don't see why Wikimedia Canada could not work with some kind [2008-02-13 19:55:30] <Ayelie> of "Canadian community" logo of their own for less official stuff." [2008-02-13 19:55:48] <Ayelie> I'll post the links to my designs [2008-02-13 19:55:50] <Alan_Ca> I'm sorry Ayelie, I definitely cannot agree with that [2008-02-13 19:55:59] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca can I post my suggestions first? [2008-02-13 19:56:02] <OhanaUnited> 2 logos = confusing [2008-02-13 19:56:04] <Ayelie> we can have a vote later [2008-02-13 19:56:09] <Alan_Ca> You can post them [2008-02-13 19:56:21] <Alan_Ca> But from a legal perspective, I oppose the idea of two logos [2008-02-13 19:56:24] <Ayelie> there is no reason why we can't have a design to use as a decoration on the webpage or something similar [2008-02-13 19:56:32] <Alan_Ca> It is confusing [2008-02-13 19:56:36] <Ayelie> yes of course. It wouldn't be a logo, more of a "symbol" or something [2008-02-13 19:56:48] <Alan_Ca> And I cannot believe Delphine agreed to that, it sounds like the issue was avoided [2008-02-13 19:56:52] <Ayelie> My first design: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Canada_logo_proposal_1a.png [2008-02-13 19:57:07] <Ayelie> similar to the WMF logo, but entirely different at the same time [2008-02-13 19:57:17] * kibble loves it [2008-02-13 19:57:19] <Alan_Ca> It's nice [2008-02-13 19:57:25] <Mitchell> :) [2008-02-13 19:57:28] <Ayelie> two blue bars mimicking the bars on the Canadian Flag, also the "sea to sea" motto of Canada [2008-02-13 19:57:33] * Mitchell is pleased [2008-02-13 19:57:37] <cary> community logos are not unprecedented [2008-02-13 19:57:45] <Ayelie> second version has a larger map and smaller maple leaf: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Canada_logo_proposal_1b.png [2008-02-13 19:57:50] <kibble> the foundation even has one [2008-02-13 19:57:51] <Ayelie> I like that version a bit better, personally. [2008-02-13 19:57:54] <Alan_Ca> Ok, I would like to confine this debate to the committee only please [2008-02-13 19:58:26] <Ayelie> Third version I greatly dislike but it's for you guys to vote on... following with the "flag design" I put the leaf in the center and map on top: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Canada_logo_proposal_1c.png [2008-02-13 19:58:27] <cary> "And I cannot believe Delphine agreed to that, it sounds like the issue was avoided" [2008-02-13 19:58:36] <cary> I have to explain why Delphine would agree to that [2008-02-13 19:58:43] <cary> since I'm the only one with insight about it. [2008-02-13 19:58:49] <Alan_Ca> Cary, if delphine wishes to attend [2008-02-13 19:58:51] * kibble listens to cary [2008-02-13 19:58:53] <Alan_Ca> Then she can do so [2008-02-13 19:58:59] <kibble> Alan_Ca, she had a baby [2008-02-13 19:59:02] <Alan_Ca> We can wait [2008-02-13 19:59:09] <kibble> please just let cary speak [2008-02-13 19:59:09] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie, I hate to cut this short [2008-02-13 19:59:12] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca she had a baby and it's about 5am in the morning there or some rediculous time like that. [2008-02-13 19:59:32] <Alan_Ca> But we really don't need to see all the logos and such [2008-02-13 19:59:33] <Ayelie> actually I think it's 3am [2008-02-13 19:59:45] <cary> It is 3am there [2008-02-13 19:59:51] <Alan_Ca> I also think we shouldn't quote WMF people, but let them represent themselves through Wknight [2008-02-13 19:59:55] <Alan_Ca> or attend directly [2008-02-13 20:00:09] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca, this is for everyone to decide on. we haven't discussed having a secondary design to use [2008-02-13 20:00:26] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie, do you have an alternative logo that meets the WMF guidelines? [2008-02-13 20:00:29] <Ayelie> I agree that two logos is confusing, which is why I can take the text out of my version and we can just use it on web designs or things like that [2008-02-13 20:00:33] <OhanaUnited> for me, the image on the main WMC page looks good enough [2008-02-13 20:00:38] <Ayelie> the alternative I've already linked [2008-02-13 20:00:40] <OhanaUnited> except we hav to move the maple leaf elsewhere [2008-02-13 20:00:43] <Ayelie> OhanaUnited that isn't allowed [2008-02-13 20:00:47] <cary> Alan_Ca: The only logo that meets the guidelines is the one without the maple leaf [2008-02-13 20:00:48] <Ayelie> you can't modify the foundation logo [2008-02-13 20:00:52] <cary> it has to look like the foundation logo [2008-02-13 20:00:54] <Alan_Ca> Unfortunately, we are restriced [2008-02-13 20:01:01] <Alan_Ca> There is no point in trying to buck that reality [2008-02-13 20:01:06] <kibble> OhanaUnited, we cannot include that at all [2008-02-13 20:01:29] <OhanaUnited> =.= [2008-02-13 20:01:33] <Alan_Ca> I understand the frustration, but that is the price of working with WMF [2008-02-13 20:01:37] <kibble> OhanaUnited, yeah :-( [2008-02-13 20:01:46] <Ayelie> can we please hear what cary has to say about Delphine's explanation? [2008-02-13 20:01:49] <Ayelie> that's rather important [2008-02-13 20:01:51] * kibble agrees with Ayelie [2008-02-13 20:01:51] <cary> forget it [2008-02-13 20:01:52] <Mitchell> lets [2008-02-13 20:01:58] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie, I don't think Cary should represent Delphine [2008-02-13 20:02:05] <kibble> Alan_Ca, he's not [2008-02-13 20:02:06] <Alan_Ca> We have Wknight representing chapcomm officially [2008-02-13 20:02:16] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca he wouldn't be, he would be explaining the situation because he understands it [2008-02-13 20:02:19] <cary> wknight8111: why don't you explain Delphine for us. [2008-02-13 20:02:41] <wknight8111> sorry i'm late [2008-02-13 20:02:44] <wknight8111> very, very late [2008-02-13 20:02:49] <wknight8111> what do i need to explain? [2008-02-13 20:03:03] <Ayelie> Delphine's position on having a community logo. [2008-02-13 20:03:04] <cary> Why delphine might have said something about allowing a community logo [2008-02-13 20:04:13] <wknight8111> WMF logo is copyrighted, not GFDL. So that raises some problems, especially if you want to make leaflets or wiki pages, or things that need to be reproducible [2008-02-13 20:04:32] <wknight8111> plus, the visual identity guidelines prevent certain uses, like business cards, which you guys may way [2008-02-13 20:04:37] <wknight8111> way -> want* [2008-02-13 20:04:48] <Alan_Ca> wknight, if we follow the guidelines [2008-02-13 20:04:54] <Alan_Ca> And use the supported logo [2008-02-13 20:05:06] <Alan_Ca> Are we licensed to use that logo for business cards and promotions? [2008-02-13 20:05:15] <Mitchell> I think so [2008-02-13 20:05:20] <Alan_Ca> wknight only please [2008-02-13 20:05:33] <wknight8111> no, the WMF logo may not be used on business cards [2008-02-13 20:05:57] <Alan_Ca> wknight, to be associated with WMF do we have to use the official logo? [2008-02-13 20:06:09] <Alan_Ca> If we want to be Wikimedia Canada [2008-02-13 20:06:13] <Mitchell> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation [2008-02-13 20:06:17] <Alan_Ca> Can we just make our own logo? [2008-02-13 20:06:37] <Mitchell> I thought that the agreement said we can use the WMF logo royalty-free [2008-02-13 20:06:40] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca our OFFICIAL logo would be the boring one. but we can't use that on business cards, so if we have a secondary Community Logo we can use that on business cards, etc. [2008-02-13 20:06:44] <wknight8111> on that point i'm a little fuzzy. I don't think you MUST use it, although if you do use it, you MUST follow the rules for it [2008-02-13 20:06:54] |<-- Shanel has left irc.freenode.net (Nick collision from services.) [2008-02-13 20:07:23] <Alan_Ca> Ayelie [2008-02-13 20:07:28] <Alan_Ca> I understand you want a different log [2008-02-13 20:07:29] <Alan_Ca> logo [2008-02-13 20:07:32] <Alan_Ca> I only want one [2008-02-13 20:07:41] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca that's not what I'm saying [2008-02-13 20:07:41] <Alan_Ca> What I'm trying to find out is what options we have [2008-02-13 20:07:53] <Alan_Ca> Well you clearly do not like the official logo [2008-02-13 20:07:54] <Ayelie> I'm saying we will have ONE logo. which is the official foundation logo. [2008-02-13 20:07:58] <wknight8111> I'm fuzzy on this area, so I would definitely need to consult with a higher-up for specifics [2008-02-13 20:08:04] <Alan_Ca> Ok [2008-02-13 20:08:05] <cary> According to delphoine [2008-02-13 20:08:10] <Alan_Ca> Cary, please [2008-02-13 20:08:12] <cary> and I am quoting her in an email [2008-02-13 20:08:16] <Alan_Ca> Wknight is here for Chapcomm [2008-02-13 20:08:17] <cary> for which I have permission to quote [2008-02-13 20:08:18] -->| Shanel (i=82716fd2@wikimedia/Shanel) has joined #wikimedia-ca [2008-02-13 20:08:19] <Ayelie> and for business cards and such, where we cannot use the official logo, we can use a different image. [2008-02-13 20:08:24] <OhanaUnited> no way [2008-02-13 20:08:30] <Alan_Ca> ok [2008-02-13 20:08:30] <cary> "Official logo of Wikimedia canada will have to be the plain boring [2008-02-13 20:08:31] <cary> Wikimedia Logo with Wikimedia and Canada underneath, as Wikimedia [2008-02-13 20:08:32] <cary> France, or others have been using it (see http://www.wikimedia.fr or [2008-02-13 20:08:32] <cary> www.wikimedia.de for examples)." [2008-02-13 20:08:32] <Alan_Ca> let's slow down here [2008-02-13 20:08:34] <OhanaUnited> that doesnt look official [2008-02-13 20:08:51] <kibble> OhanaUnited, what doesn't look official/ [2008-02-13 20:08:54] <cary> "However, I don't see why Wikimedia Canada could not work with some kind [2008-02-13 20:08:54] <cary> of "Canadian community" logo of their own for less official stuff." [2008-02-13 20:09:15] <cary> I'll forward that email to wknight8111 so he can tell you the same damn thing. [2008-02-13 20:09:18] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +o Mitchell by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:09:33] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +m by Mitchell [2008-02-13 20:09:38] <Alan_Ca> thanks mitchell [2008-02-13 20:09:42] <Mitchell> Per Alan's request [2008-02-13 20:10:03] <Alan_Ca> I move that we send this item off with wknight for clarification [2008-02-13 20:10:10] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -o Mitchell by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:10:38] <Alan_Ca> Wknight, can you have an answer for next wednesday? [2008-02-13 20:11:05] <wknight8111> by next wednesday, definitely. I'll actually try to be here on time! [2008-02-13 20:11:15] <wknight8111> (not that i didn't try tonight) [2008-02-13 20:11:27] <Alan_Ca> It's ok wknight, it happens [2008-02-13 20:11:43] <Alan_Ca> I don't know if I'm lagging here or everyone is silent [2008-02-13 20:11:47] <Mitchell> silent [2008-02-13 20:12:04] <Alan_Ca> So I'm going to just move this item to be discussed at the next meeting after Wknight reports on the use of the logo and the restrictions for a chapter [2008-02-13 20:12:42] * Ayelie is silent [2008-02-13 20:12:46] <Alan_Ca> Thank you wknight [2008-02-13 20:13:22] <Alan_Ca> I'm sorry Ayelie, I know this impedes your work for a week, but I think we should make a decision as a group at once we have the official position from chap comm [2008-02-13 20:13:25] <OhanaUnited> that looks good, alan [2008-02-13 20:13:48] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v cary by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:13:54] <Mitchell> Cary wishes to speak [2008-02-13 20:14:00] <Alan_Ca> Mitchell [2008-02-13 20:14:01] <Ayelie> Alan_Ca we did have the official position from Delphine, and the reasons. You wouldn't let cary explain Delphine's position [2008-02-13 20:14:07] <Alan_Ca> I have had enough of Cary [2008-02-13 20:14:12] <cary> This is your problem [2008-02-13 20:14:14] <Alan_Ca> We have process here [2008-02-13 20:14:19] <Alan_Ca> Wknight represents chapcomm [2008-02-13 20:14:21] <Alan_Ca> That's it [2008-02-13 20:14:23] <cary> We have answers now [2008-02-13 20:14:32] <Alan_Ca> Cary, I don't know who voiced you [2008-02-13 20:14:38] <Alan_Ca> But clearly wknight speaks for chapcomm [2008-02-13 20:14:46] <Alan_Ca> As to my knowledge he was assigned here by Delphine [2008-02-13 20:14:48] <cary> Alan_Ca: And wknight doesn't have answers I have [2008-02-13 20:14:58] <Alan_Ca> Cary, you are not our rep for Chapcomm [2008-02-13 20:14:59] <HistoryOnTheRoad> Sorry, I popped out for a second [2008-02-13 20:15:01] <Alan_Ca> Please respect that [2008-02-13 20:15:04] <wknight8111> Cary actually works for the foundation, so he probably knows more details then i do [2008-02-13 20:15:08] <cary> Alan_Ca: This is actually becaue you don't like me [2008-02-13 20:15:10] <cary> nothing more [2008-02-13 20:15:16] <wknight8111> i'm just a volunteer on a committee [2008-02-13 20:15:26] <Alan_Ca> You guys are driving me nuts [2008-02-13 20:15:29] <Alan_Ca> Who represents WMF? [2008-02-13 20:15:36] <Alan_Ca> Do you represent WMF Wknight? [2008-02-13 20:15:42] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca +v kibble by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:15:46] <kibble> Alan_Ca, as I've told you multiple times [2008-02-13 20:15:54] <kibble> wknight8111 represetns the chapters committee [2008-02-13 20:15:56] <Mitchell> This isn't about representation I don't think. It's about answers. [2008-02-13 20:15:59] <kibble> the chapters committee advises the foundation [2008-02-13 20:16:03] <kibble> (board) [2008-02-13 20:16:14] <kibble> cary is just a person who knows answers [2008-02-13 20:16:17] <Alan_Ca> Right [2008-02-13 20:16:20] <Alan_Ca> but I want official [2008-02-13 20:16:30] <Alan_Ca> I dont' want to consider information from an unofficial representative [2008-02-13 20:16:35] <Alan_Ca> If I have to write them an email, I will do so [2008-02-13 20:16:38] <kibble> Alan_Ca, cary knows what he's talkign about [2008-02-13 20:16:42] <cary> I am giving you the foundation's official position. [2008-02-13 20:16:50] <Alan_Ca> Cary, you told me that you do not represent the WMF [2008-02-13 20:16:51] <kibble> if you cannot trust cary, I don't know who you can [2008-02-13 20:16:52] <cary> Alan_Ca: I *can* speak for the foundation in an official capacity [2008-02-13 20:17:11] <Alan_Ca> You said to me earlier you were not here in an official capacity [2008-02-13 20:17:20] <kibble> he did not need to be [2008-02-13 20:17:24] <cary> I am here as an interested party. [2008-02-13 20:17:28] <kibble> but now you have asked him to [2008-02-13 20:17:31] <cary> But you had questions that I can answer officially [2008-02-13 20:17:38] <HistoryOnTheRoad> Alan_Ca: He isn't always speaking on _behalf_ of the WMF, but he is employed by it. [2008-02-13 20:17:53] <Mitchell> And can officially speak for them, should he choose. [2008-02-13 20:17:55] <OhanaUnited> ok, i m leaving in 5 mins [2008-02-13 20:18:01] <Alan_Ca> Ok [2008-02-13 20:18:02] <Alan_Ca> It's 9 [2008-02-13 20:18:02] <kibble> OhanaUnited, I'm leaving soon too [2008-02-13 20:18:04] <HistoryOnTheRoad> And in this case, if he has communication from Delphine, I think we can take that on it's face. [2008-02-13 20:18:06] <Alan_Ca> We will review this at the next meeting [2008-02-13 20:18:12] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -m by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:18:18] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -vvvv OhanaUnited HistoryOnTheRoad wknight8111 Alan_Ca by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:18:19] =-= Mode #wikimedia-ca -vvvv cary kibble Mitchell Ayelie by ChanServ [2008-02-13 20:18:24] <Alan_Ca> Wknight, if you don't represent WMF, please clarify that before the next meeting [2008-02-13 20:18:33] <kibble> Alan_Ca, it's not that clear cut [2008-02-13 20:18:38] <cary> Alan_Ca: Wknight represents the Chapters Committee [2008-02-13 20:18:48] <kibble> it would be helpful if you were just looking for answers and not someone "official" [2008-02-13 20:18:52] <HistoryOnTheRoad> Alan_Ca: The WMF has several Committees. Wknight is on one of them, as a liason [2008-02-13 20:19:09] <Alan_Ca> I want someone official because I want my answers from the WMF to come from one party [2008-02-13 20:19:14] <Alan_Ca> I want one official channel [2008-02-13 20:19:16] <cary> Alan_Ca: That will never happen [2008-02-13 20:19:18] <cary> I'm sorry [2008-02-13 20:19:21] <Alan_Ca> How can that not happen? [2008-02-13 20:19:22] <HistoryOnTheRoad> Alan_Ca: That won't be possible [2008-02-13 20:19:28] <kibble> Alan_Ca, that is not how thigns are done [2008-02-13 20:19:32] <cary> Because no one person has all the answers [2008-02-13 20:19:34] <cary> that you need. [2008-02-13 20:19:43] <Alan_Ca> Right, but they can liaise in an official capacity to get those answers [2008-02-13 20:19:47] <HistoryOnTheRoad> WMF is based on collaboration ... there isn't one "authority" that is the be all and end all. [2008-02-13 20:19:52] <Alan_Ca> The committee can establish a rapport with that rep [2008-02-13 20:20:01] <Alan_Ca> I need to divert so parties can leave [2008-02-13 20:20:10] <Alan_Ca> Are we all good for next wednesday? [2008-02-13 20:20:43] <kibble> sure [2008-02-13 20:20:48] <Mitchell> Did we discuss the page organization? [2008-02-13 20:20:56] <HistoryOnTheRoad> No [2008-02-13 20:21:02] <kibble> Mitchell, make sure you set up the page and can you send out a reminder next week? (to the ml, soon before the meeting) [2008-02-13 20:21:07] <Alan_Ca> ok [2008-02-13 20:21:09] <kibble> Mitchell, that can be next meeting, I guess [2008-02-13 20:21:13] <Mitchell> kk [2008-02-13 20:21:20] <Alan_Ca> All members please forward your contact info, phone number, name, etc to Mitchell [2008-02-13 20:21:25] <Alan_Ca> He's maintaining a contact list [2008-02-13 20:21:51] <kibble> are we done? can I leave? [2008-02-13 20:21:56] <Alan_Ca> yes [2008-02-13 20:22:05] <Alan_Ca> I will discuss this WMF issue with Cary and wknight [2008-02-13 20:22:39] <Alan_Ca> Cary, do you guys have a WMF channel? [2008-02-13 20:22:53] <OhanaUnited> i gtg, bye guys [2008-02-13 20:22:55] |<-- kibble has left irc.freenode.net ("sleep") [2008-02-13 20:22:59] <OhanaUnited> i'll read the summary to fill in things [2008-02-13 20:23:01] <Alan_Ca> ttyl ohana [2008-02-13 20:23:01] <HistoryOnTheRoad> I'd say discuss here, it's not as busy [2008-02-13 20:23:02] * Ayelie has to go for 10 minutes, back soon [2008-02-13 20:23:08] <OhanaUnited> someone needs to summarize today's meeting [2008-02-13 20:23:09] |<-- Shanel has left irc.freenode.net ("http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client") [2008-02-13 20:23:10] <Alan_Ca> It's really a WMF issue [2008-02-13 20:23:15] <Alan_Ca> I'd prefer to discuss it with tme [2008-02-13 20:23:15] |<-- OhanaUnited has left irc.freenode.net () [2008-02-13 20:23:29] <Alan_Ca> Mitchell does that for us Ohana [2008-02-13 20:23:37] <cary> If you want a private channel, we can create one [2008-02-13 20:24:06] <Alan_Ca> ok, for a brief discussion
- HOTR (Gerald) - Toronto
- OhanaUnited - Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Mitch (Greeves) - Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Editor at Large (Ayelie) = Ottawa, in Waterloo
- Casey (kibble) - United States
- Stéphane Thibault - Montréal, QC ; Why do I say no to the membership fee structure proposal - Pourquoi je dis non à la proposition d'une structure à frais d'adhésion
Unable to attend, but interested
February 6, 2008
|WMC Third Formal Formation Meeting
February 13, 2008
February 20, 2008