Wikimedia Chapters Association/Budget committee
|Dissolved. The dissolution of the Budget committee was decided by the WCA council at the Wikimedia Conference in Milan, 18 April 2013.|
This page is for the WCA budget committee established at the 1st Council meeting on July 11, 2012 at Washington DC.
The council resolves to empower the Chair to appoint a budget committee. The following timeframe should be followed: present a draft budget and a recommendation on the place of registration to the council by 31 July 2012 for approval. Agreement on the budget should be achieved by 30 August 2012. Note, time frames are subject to negotiation based on feedback from professionals.
The council empowered its Chair to appoint the committee members. The committee members are not required to be Council members. A Council member will be nominated to report back on committee outcomes and proposals.
- Markus Glaser CM WMDE --Mglaser (talk) 13:18, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
- Nominated by Fæ to report back on outcomes
- Raul Veede CM WMEE --Oop (talk) 23:16, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
- Delphine Ménard WMDE --notafish }<';> 21:27, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- Osmar Valdebenito WMAR -- B1mbo 00:34, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- Jon Davies WMUK --Jon Davies WMUK (talk) 16:55, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
- Ilario Valdelli WMCH --Ilario (talk) 07:14, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- Gabriel Thullen WMCH --GastelEtzwane (talk) 22:06, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
- * WMAR --Mahadeva (talk) 14:01, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- * WMPL --aegis maelstrom δ 06:15, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
Could those members indicated with a "*", please email their contact details to faewikimediaorguk, linking back to this page in order to ensure they receive email updates.
Time frames are subject to negotiation based on feedback from professionals.
- By 31 July 2012: present a budget draft and a recommendation on the place of registration to the Council for deliberation and amendment
- By 30 August 2012: Council vote on the budget
- Get a rough idea about the income side. Raul already made up a list on meta. Can we get more substance to this? Maybe one of us might contact each of the chapters and get a non binding statement about how much they are willing to contribute. Are there other sources?
- Get an idea about the timeframe of financial income. How can we get some money for short term tasks? When will money from chapters / other sources be available?
- Set up a structure for the expense side. There are already several draft budgets. The positions of these need to be consolidated and put into some order.
- The expenses need to be explained in order to get more acceptance. We need at least a sentence or two per budget position.
- Of course, there need to be actual figures behind the budget positions. What do we need to know before we can put realistic numbers? E.g. do we have a rough idea about the tasks of a SG? Do we assume Belgium as the place of incorporation?
- Please add to this list :)
- Wikimedia Chapters Association/Draft budget 2012-2013
- Accountability brainstorming
- Brainstorming results
- Lobbying brainstorming
- Chapter development brainstorming
- Knowledge sharing brainstorming
The dissolution of the Budget committee was decided by the WCA council at the Wikimedia Conference in Milan, 18 April 2013.