|Legal status||non-profit organization|
|Founding date||24 MAY 2008|
|Other language(s)||26 other languages used by the chapter|
|Key people||Stas Kozlovsky (Executive Director)|
|Mailing address||123112, Russia, Moscow, Presnenskaya Naberezhnaya 10, Moscow City, Naberezhnaya Tower, Block C, 4 floor, office Wikimedia RU|
Full name: „Not-for-profit Partnership for the Advancement of Encyclopedic Knowledge «Wikimedia RU»“.
Abbreviated name: NP «Wikimedia RU».
The Non-Commercial Partnership of promotion of distribution of encyclopedic knowledge Wikimedia RU (in Russian: Некоммерческое партнерство содействия распространению энциклопедических знаний «Викимедиа РУ») was approved by the WMF on 2008-05-24, and registered by the state on 2008-11-21. The Partnership operates within the Russian Federation. It supports and promotes Wikimedia projects in all languages; however, most efforts are put into projects in Russian and in other languages of the Russian Federation. There are currently 12 members of the Partnership, about 4 of whom are active.
The main actual activities of the Partnership are:
- Carrying of Wiki-Conferences (something like local Wikimanias).
- Lobbying of free licenses, freedom of panorama and similar changes in legislation.
- Providing of grants and other support to participants of Wikimania.
- Participation in global fundraising.
Reports till 2018.
Postal address: 123317, Russia, Moscow, Presnenskaya naberezhnaya, 10, office 470.
Web: ru.wikimedia.org (wiki)
Mailing List: wikimediaru-l
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: Викимедиа РУ
- WMF approves Russian Chapter: 2008-05-24
- State registration of Wikimedia RU: 2008-11-11
Founding & historic documents
- Bylaws in Russian — approved by the Russian Ministry of Justice on November 11, 2008 (copies of formal certificate may be found here).
- w:ru:Википедия:Викимедиа Россия - previous version of Russian Chapter description & its task (in Russian)
- Russian translation of Chapter Agreement
- Task List (in Russian)
- Formation process — Draft of the protocol of the meeting of the founders (in Russian) (done on June 20, 2008).
- Obtaining Chapter Committee approval for bylaws as amended in the process of State Registration.
- Setting up a current account.