Wikimedia User Group Nigeria/Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin
The Wikimedia Fan Club University of Ilorin, is a hub for undergraduate, postgraduate students and staff of University of Ilorin with the purpose of contributing to Wikimedia and her related projects. This club is based in the campus and run by the students with coordination from Wikimedia UG Nigeria (WUGN). The club promotes Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Yoruba Wikipedia, Simple Wikipedia, and Commons especially) among the students through the execution of projects, meet-ups and regular edit-a-thons as a way of exposing the students to the movement.
The club will be hosting regular edit-a-thons, weekly workshops, photography events, and more that cater to and attract students, librarians, and other university faculty. We aim to reach and generate interest in members of the university who may not utilize and contribute to Wikimedia resources and to as well as create a community to support those who currently are involved with Wikipedia.
The success of this club will primarily be to raise young Wikimedians across the diversity of disciplines and culture in the University community. It will help students know and contribute more to other Wikimedia projects asides from Wikipedia.
- Done May 16-17- We are so excited to be meeting Asaf Bartov at Abuja right now! We could not have understood the ethics of editing any better!
- Done June 9- Launching.
- To promote the use of and contributions to Wikimedia projects by among the students of University of Ilorin.
- To encourage campus/undergraduate photographers to contribute to Commons
- Providing a space for undergraduates who are/will engage(d) in Wikimedia to collaborate on projects, discuss strategies, and socialize with each other.
- To facilitate programs that will achieve these.
- Organizing Edit-a-thons for the English Wikipedia at least thrice in each semester where new editors are recruited and trained while others develop more as Wikipedians.
- Organizing Simplify Wiki 1.0 to encourage attention to the Simple English Wikipedia (At this event, more than 1000 Simple English Wikipedia Articles bordering around Nigerian/African topics will be created/improved).
- Wiki Meets Campus Photographers: An event in attempt to orient campus photographers on Commons; how they can contribute and why they should.
- The Wikimedia Campus Survey, University of Ilorin : Finding out what lecturers and students know, feel, utilize, dislike, etc. about Wikimedia projects will help us get a true feedback about how the foundation's endeavours are viewed. We hope this survey results will serve as feedbacks and strategic maps for Wikimedia.
Special pages for the aforementioned programs will be created soon.
Wiki needs us. Here are links to places we believe there will always be a space to improve. As long as they exist, we are never relented in creating a world where every one can contribute to and share in every sum of knowledge.
- The club successfully registered as a student association in compliance with the rules and regulations of the University of Ilorin on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
- danencyclopedia at gmail.com
- olaniyanshola15 at gmail.com
- samoye_ at hotmail.com
- Danidamiobi (talk) 14:03, 3 October 2017 (UTC) President
- Naydness (talk) 14:24, 4 December 2017 (UTC)
- Seun alone (talk) 10:30, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
- haylad (talk) 11:57, 21 December 2017 (UTC) V. President
- Fela Ajikobi (talk) 21:06, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
- Peterobayanju (talk) 10:48, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- MubarakSulayman (talk) 08:01, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- MaryamOke (talk) 13:21, 16 April 2018 (UTC)MaryamOke
- Bilijin (talk) 16:00, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Idris Umarfarouq (talk) 17:10, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Ajulijay (talk) 18:19, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Timmylegend (talk) 05:48, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
- Biggiepopa (talk) 06:40, 3 May 2018 (UTC)
- ReoMartins (talk) 08:44, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- AmazonModAmazonMod (talk) 07:53, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
How to add yourself to the members' list
If you are a student of the University of Ilorin and you are interested in this club, then please become a member. See the contact list below. Also, kindly add yourself to the end of the list. For example if your user name is Haylad then you would add the tilde sign (~) four times to the end of the list (use the "edit source" button which you see next to the heading "Members" for this section) like this:
This will look like this after you have saved your edit:
- Haylad (talk · contribs)fcb
- Grants:Project/Rapid/Launching of Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin. for w:Wikipedia:Meetup/Launching of Wikimedia Fan Club University of Ilorin Funded.
- Semester Funding for Meetups in Rain Semester 2017/2018 Session, Wikimedia Fan Club, University of Ilorin Still proposed to keep the club running after launch.