Foundation wiki feedback
- 1 How can we help you?
- 2 Regarding Code of conduct policy
- 3 Regarding Talk:Expense reimbursement
- 5 Regarding Contact us#Local chapters, in all languanges
- 6 Regarding DMCA Policy
- 7 Linking to team home pages for teams listed on "Staff and contractors"
- 8 Regarding Ways to Give/nl
- 9 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 10 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 11 Regarding Contact us
- 13 Regarding Accueil
- 14 donations
- 15 Regarding Stories
- 16 wikimediafoundation.org
- 17 Простота пожертвований
- 18 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 19 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org (Resolution:Licensing policy)
- 20 Regarding Tax Deductibility/fr
- 21 Regarding Talk:Tax Deductibility/fr
- 22 Thank_You subpages on wikimediafoundation.org…
- 23 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 24 Regarding Talk:El libro inexistente
- 25 Regarding wmf:Wikimedia official marks/Word mark creation#Preparing files for upload
- 26 website error
- 27 Redirect foundation:Friendly Space Policy to foundation:Friendly space policy
- 28 wikimediafoundation.org
- 29 ハラスメント等に関する委員会
- 30 How are benefactors chosen?
- 31 Regarding MediaWiki:Permissionserrors
- 32 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 34 Regarding Values
- 35 Regarding Special:CreateAccount
- 36 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 37 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 38 Regarding Special:CreateAccount
- 39 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 40 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 41 Regarding Board of Trustees
- 42 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 43 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 44 Article content POLYESTER
- 45 Regarding to talk back
- 46 Regarding Talk:Contact us
- 47 Regarding Talk:Ways to Give/pt-br
- 48 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 49 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 50 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 51 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 52 Regarding wikimediafoundation.org
- 53 Regarding File talk:LinLibertineO 473.zip
Regarding Code of conduct policy
Please change All Wikimedia staff and members of the Board of Trustees are required to abide by this Code of Conduct. to All Wikimedia Foundation staff and members of the Board of Trustees are required to abide by this Code of Conduct. as this is a “Wikimedia Foundation Code of Conduct”. Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 13:00, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Talk:Expense reimbursement
- .ods is usually OpenOffice. Yes there ought to be a link! QuiteUnusual (talk) 15:43, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
OpenDocument is supported by default with any modern office suite and any decent OS since about a decade ago. --Nemo 16:43, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Contact us#Local chapters, in all languanges
Hi, The address of Wikimedia France on page https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Contact_us is wrong : no more "26-28 rue de Londres 75009 Paris", but "40 rue de Cléry 75002 Paris". and same error in all languages (ex: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Nous_contacter). See their website. Thanks! Zetud (talk) 09:59, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
- I made the change on the template so it should permeate. Killiondude (talk) 23:50, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
Regarding DMCA Policy
- UpsandDowns1234, I assume you mean w:Wikipedia:DMCA|Wikipedia:DMCA]]? Both your links point to the same page. --Base (talk) 04:58, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
Linking to team home pages for teams listed on "Staff and contractors"
Could more teams please link to their corresponding information pages from their headings, to make it easier for anyone to find more information what each team works on plus potential contact information? (The information is available anyway, it's just about linking...)
- "Services" section heading could link to mw:Wikimedia_Services
- "Learning & Evaluation" section heading could link to m:Grants:Learning_&_Evaluation/About
- "Support, Safety and Programs" section heading could link to m:Support, Safety and Programs
Regarding Ways to Give/nl
Not sure where the translations can be edited these days - but the Dutch translation of the bank transfer is slightly confusing according to one donor. I would suggest to change "Zolang u stortte op het juiste rekeningnummer zal uw betaling correct ontvangen zijn." (in the future past tense) to "Zolang u stort op het juiste rekeningnummer zal uw betaling correct ontvangen worden." (future tense).
We should have an option to give reading to the people or events on wiki.. I mean If the is shakespeare so we shoulde have right to rate him out of 10 or 5 and we should also have right to rate anything on wiki. So we should get the result that what people actually think. Thank you Muzammil ahmad
the new logo for the foundation is not on the wikipedia article please fix
Regarding Contact us
I was reading your article on Oetzi, the Iceman, and think that his dates in the side column are backwards. He should be listed as born ca. 3345 BC and as having died ca. 3300 BC. Please disregard if I am mistaken.
Mazbi Sikh is not a Sikh chura please change it
You are asking, in BIG letters, to make a donation to your project.
James, Thank you for including me in your solicitations for donations. I am unemployed and unable to donate money. However, I would be happy to volunteer some of my time to helping you keep up the good work.
Не хочу делиться персональной информацией, но хочу сделать пожертвование. Простой адрес биткоина есть? Платёжной карты? Здесь нужно регистрироваться https://www.coinbase.com/checkouts/81b41f8984dd5544ad4246a1dd0be0a9. Зачем? Вывесьте адрес + поле для коммента для отчёта (моего, типа на адрес сброшено тогда-то).
I wish we can create an account on Wikimedia for the purpose of customizing the way WMF looks. Other than that, users cannot edit any namespace unless if their account is activated here. UpsandDowns1234 (🗨) 00:34, 20 July 2017 (UTC)
Regarding wikimediafoundation.org (Resolution:Licensing policy)
2) Please store archive copy of https://freedomdefined.org/Definition (along with multi language translations) and also link for reference some where; so if https://freedomdefined.org/Definition website becomes non-functional again, in any case one should be able to refer the text
Thanks and regards
Mahitgar (He who knows ,wants to know and and loves to keep others informed) (talk) 02:35, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Tax Deductibility/fr
Could you please add information for the main french speaking country, especially Switzerland and Belgium?
Regarding Talk:Tax Deductibility/fr
Hello, dears, Foundation cousins,
(Sorry for my rusty english). My pseudo is Kikuyu3, a WP Fr editor, a bit active till recently within the french chapter WM Fr.
Some suggestion to be introduced to this text intended to french speaking persons :
- the title should be changed to french "Déduction fiscale", as it is more likely to be seeked for than the english "Tax Deductibility/fr" ;
- section France should be added some sentence like "If you pay income revenue taxes in France, you may consider donating directly to the french chapter Wikimedia France (https://www.wikimedia.fr/). Under certain conditions, it gives you the right to be partly (66 % ) refunded ; please visit https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impôt sur le revenu (France)#Les réductions d'impôt on wikipdédia in french or the specific page on the website of the Ministère des Finances : https://www.economie.gouv.fr/cedef/reductions-impots-dons-aux-oeuvres."
- in french, it sounds like "Si vous êtes assujetti à l'impôt sur le revenu en France, vous pouvez envisager un don direct au chapitre français de la Fondation, l'association Wikimédia France, (https://www.wikimedia.fr/). Sous certaines conditions, il ouvre le droit à déduction de 66 % de son montant sur les sommes à acquitter. Plus d'informations sur Wikipếdia en français : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impôt sur le revenu (France)#Les réductions d'impôt ou sur la page spécifique du Ministère des Finances : https://www.economie.gouv.fr/cedef/reductions-impots-dons-aux-oeuvres."
- United Kingdom : there should be a specific section, titled "Royaume-Uni" as there are plenty of french speaking workers installed for a while elesewhere in this area. The present sentence about the Gift Aid is somehow hidden in the section other countries. Last : the wording of the end of the sentence should better be either "... s'appliquera pas aux dons alloués à la Wikimedia Foundation" or either "s'appliquera pas aux dons établis au bénéfice de la Wikimedia Foundation".
- Switzerland : as per https://www.wikimedia.ch/fr/faire-un-don/dduction-fiscale/ it seems the whole donation may be deducted.
- I have juste sent an email to the Belgium chapter so as they send you the specific page to inform your readers.
- in the section Autres pays, the Note importante should be separated (line feed).
In general, I think this text is not sincere, in which it does not inform completely the donator that he can benefit of tax deductions, giving his money to a chapter instead of the Foundation. Every year, some of them complain about this, telling how they feel it dishonest. We probably loose some of them the following year. Hope a solution will be found.
- @AntonierCH, Base, and Kikuyu3: Thank you all for the feedback. Just to let you know we are hoping to make some changes to the Tax Deductibility pages soon, and are checking with WMF Legal what can be included. Peter Coombe (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 16:45, 8 September 2017 (UTC)
Thank_You subpages on wikimediafoundation.org…
…are shamelessly outdated, like be-tarask, which has 2009 year templates on it. Are they translated-updated by volunteers or a certain staffer now? Thanks for reply --Ата (talk) 10:48, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Pcoombe (WMF), perhaps as the author of the template currently in use you have a clue how to address this. --Base (talk) 04:34, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
Bom dia. Vou me comunicar em português, pois assim é mais fácil para mim. No Brasil, as pessoas desconfiam muito do sistema de pagamento via internet. Para nós brasileiros é mais fácil o pagamento via boleto (um documento pagável via código de barras). Tentei contribuir com R$10,00, mas deu falhas. A opção via boleto ajudaria muito.
Regarding Talk:El libro inexistente
"El libro inexistente. Hasta llegar Ina a La puerta"es la primera parte de la novela de ciencia ficción y aventuras del escritor español Juan Carlos Santos Z. en su primera edición publicada por la editorial Ruiz de Aloza en 2015 en español con formato papel y epub y ebook en kindle. amazon. El corte inglés entre otros sitios web. llegando a estar disponible por internet en America. Asia. Europa y Oceanía para los amantes de la ciencia ficción las aventuras y el misterio.
En el libro Inexistente se cuenta las aventuras de la señorita Ina una maestra de inglés y español que realiza un viaje apasionante romantico y misterioso con sus compañeros amigos y alumnos hasta España que por misteriosos contratiempos terminan viviendo unas aventuras emocionantes e inolvidables. Este libro lo escribio Juan Carlos Santos para su efriend Ina de Polonia una maestra en el mundo real que padecia LAM una enfermedad pulmonar que por desgracia fallecio poco después de publicarse este libro por Internet sin conseguir su escritor su sueño de ayudarla haciendola famosa para que los mejores medicos se fijasen en su caso y encontrasen una solución para la Lam. decidiendo dedicar a causas beneficas los beneficios de dicho libro... "El Libro Inexistente. Primera parte"
The instructions about logo size seem to conflict with current practice. In particular, the WMF instructions call for a 135×155 (W×H) logo, whereas mw:Manual:FAQ#How do I change the logo? and Template:New wiki request — used in the approval process for new content language wikis — recommend 135×135 or 150×150. (See Template talk:New wiki request#Another problem: Project logo for some additional context.) - dcljr (talk) 22:47, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
- Heather, it is your department page according to its author and category it is in. Could you take a look at this piece of feedback? --Base (talk) 04:41, 22 August 2017 (UTC)
- Hi. I guess that you are referring to this article on Wikipedia in English. It's not part of the Wikimedia Foundations wiki, but it seems to be fixed now. -- Tegel (Talk) 15:36, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
今回ほ方法がWikimedia1財団ではよろしくないというかもしれない。 なたえいごでへんとうをせよというかもしれない。 さんざんそういｗれてきたことであるから。 君たちはわたしがきくみみをみおたないとうまえにまずこの病人がいい鵜戸身幾も幾度を書いてきたことがらを読み死して咀嚼しなければならない。 私はただの無名の目㎜バーではない。 最近の54年間はサイバーテロと戦ってきた内容をこと鼓膜しるしてきた技術者であるがいともたやすく削除してくれたおかげでその蓄えられたはぞの膨大な知識を無駄にしたのはだれであるのかを考えてみることも重要であろうと思う。 初心者が一度とまずくと「即座に即時削除」され以降はさしずめ子供いじめを彷彿するかのように、一部の管理人によってパワー0ハラスメントを植え続ける体質に少しでも一石を投じよう、実際勉強したよ。 現在はCreaitiveCommons Licence をほぼすべて取得同曽木氏から大学院へも進学して学位も取り、WIKI財団ほぼすべて網羅現在の権限を得た私はスタッフ～（無給）としてこれを書いています、貢献者にもなっれいるとから非常勤ながら有給の役員へ変わりことにしたのでここに ハラスメント対策室長を役員としておき、常勤には室長代行して副室長を置きたいを思いますので理事会の承諾を得てください。
先の室長はThe Room Chai 秘書 の一人は病院が近畿大学付属病院であることから日本勤務となりまあす 、代行は Seet 秘書 副室長はBorad 他Staff 室長は重役です
委員長はBorad とします。 常勤委員と職員は有給です
How are benefactors chosen?
I made a donation between $1,000 and $4,999 last year, but I didn't get mentioned on the list of sustaining benefactors. How do you choose which people and organizations get acknowledged?
Currently there are some inappropriate nude pictures that appear at the top on the first card when opening Wikipedia through the app and I just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you were not already aware ok thanks and I hope you can fix this?
lawa is high temp. than why fish bone in active in rock its not right
This is a wonderful app I like it,it's educating.
Mark coney chirmen of bank of england account 35716=38577266=26307343 mark daniel burnett can telphon a taxi right now for driver is lost all night lost can not find https adres taxi nomber 01603 700700 abc taxi form can get one right ad fund there and back to norwich norffolk nr3 3jq kemps place rackham rd norwich norffolk nr3 3jq
Sir Jimmy Wales you need to fix the Alfa Romeo logo the quality is poor
NAME : JAANI DHIMAN DATE OF BIRTH : 24 MARCH 2000
On this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_Christine_of_Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel the date of death of her first-born son, who lived only a few months, is Nov 4, 1716. However, in a letter ( letter XVIII, written on October 1, 1716: https://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Texts/montagu-letters.html), written by Lady Mary Wortley Montague who traveled and lived in europe during that time, it insinuates that the child had already been dead at the time of the letter.
Furthermore, she writes that she had actually spoken to the mother of the dead child (Empress Elisabeth Christine, who was already pregnant with the second child) previously that year. I'm not sure where the error in the date of death lies, but it would behoove someone with the correct information to publish any knowledge in light of the two contradictory dates.
I will be happily contribute to Wikipedia when and if it will allow a balanced view on the pages regaridng homeopathy
Regarding Board of Trustees
Здравствуйте.А где функция перевода страниц?Или мне выучить язык?
Thank you for information regarding the "number 131", specifically, the decimal expansion of 1/131 in base 10.
Remember that, your mission is to make information free for the entire world. Perhaps you should then share the full information as to WHAT the number 131 reveals, as the format in which you arranged the number sequence is 100% accurate.
The world is waiting, and so are our progenitors. Do not be afraid to share the truth, even if it will absolutely crumble all religions as we know them.
Sincerely, A true fan of your work, Henry J. Reyes
Hi I would like to know how would you introduce a disigner biography my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Article content POLYESTER
Article content POLYESTER
I WAS SURPRISED AND DISAPPOINTED TO READ INFO ON BIODEGRADATION OF POLYESTER. THERE IS NO SPECIFIC INFORMATION ON THIS. A GLARING AND SUSPICIOUS OMMISSION ON SUCH A MASSIVELY USED MATERIAL IN SOCIETY THE ENVIRONMEMTAL IMPACTS ARE BARELY MENTIONED TOO
Regarding to talk back
Hello,dear during the talk back,I can't adjust properly the option because original option become away with the square portion and make disturbances for me then what I do!
Regarding Talk:Contact us
Due to lack of cloud cover and very low humidity, the desert usually features high diurnal temperature variations between days and nights. However, it is a myth that the nights are cold after extremely hot days in the Sahara. The average diurnal temperature range is typically between 13 and 20 °C or 23.4 and 36.0 °F. The lowest values are found along the coastal regions due to high humidity and are often even lower than 10 °C or 18 °F, while the highest values are found in inland desert areas where the humidity is the lowest, mainly in the southern Sahara. Still, it is true that winter nights can be cold as it can drop to the freezing point and even below, especially in high-elevation areas. The frequency of subfreezing winter nights in the Sahara is strongly influenced by the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO), with warmer winter temperatures during negative NAO events and cooler winters with more frosts when the NAO is positive. This is because the weaker clockwise flow around the eastern side of the subtropical anticyclone during negative NAO winters, although too dry to produce more than negligible precipitation, does reduce the flow of dry, cold air from higher latitudes of Eurasia into the Sahara significantly.
13 and 20 °C or 23.4 and 36.0 °F. Temperature definition is probably incorrect. Please recheck. Thanks Steve Gemesi
Regarding Talk:Ways to Give/pt-br
Necessito do número da conta bancária. Não vou fornecer meu CPF.
As a previous donor who happily supported (and supports the ethical entity that is Wikimedia) last year you wrote to me today, saying:
"Dear Peter, A year ago, you donated £2 to keep Wikipedia online for hundreds of millions of readers. I'm surprised by and deeply grateful for your continued support. We need your help again this year. I ask you, humbly: please renew your donation today. When I made Wikipedia a non-profit, people warned me I’d regret it. And here we are, over a decade later, and it’s still the only top ten website that’s run by a non-profit and a community of passionate volunteers. Has it crossed my mind how much money we could have made if we were a traditional website? Sure. But I believe people wouldn’t feel motivated to create content for Wikipedia, and you wouldn’t trust it, if we were in this for our own benefit. Wikipedia isn’t mine, it’s for everyone.
As you would like me to continue to support Wikipedia, like I did last year - and I do love Wikipedia despite its ongoing treatment of Homeopathy - you might consider supporting me and my colleagues by slightly amending your statement by substituting: "Wikipedia isn’t mine, it’s for everyone … except homeopaths." or - far more preferable - instead allowing TWO views of Homeopathy to be put up onto Wikipedia … One called "Pro-Homeopathy" and one called "Anti-Homeopathy" if you believe in balance and inclusivity.
As you know, Homeopathy and homeopaths are being continually trolled.
I presume that Wikimedia has ethical views on mischievous trolling?
In this case, I would be delighted to support this otherwise excellent source of information.
Millions of users of homeopathy all around the world deserve the reality of homeopathy to be available to people seeking relief where conventional medicine has so far failed them.
With power comes responsibility, Jimmy.
Your ethical non-profit stance and your avowed statement of it being a "temple for the mind, a library or a public park" is incongruent with Wikipedia's current stance vis-a-vis homeopathy.
We are not a cult or a religion; we don't 'believe' in homeopathy but have experience of its efficacy.
We live in an energetic, vibrational, quantum universe. The days of The Flat Earth Society are surely over?
Peter Smith, RSHom FSHom in practice since 1984 Cornwall, UK
About donation. I'm already a donator. There should be a option of "I'm already a donator" on that pop up window suggesting por donation! Best regards Mario paulo
I’m glad you’ve written at last; I’ve been waiting for it for several months. For me, two names are just about synonymous when I think of the Internet: Google and Wikipedia. Much as I love your amazing, free product I am still seething over your [company’s] removal of my clever addition to the exposition of Shakespeare’s Sonnet Eighteen, where I give the meaning of the word ‘darling’. This was removed with no reason given; just Poof – and it was gone; no ‘May I?’, ‘By your leave’, ‘Kiss my horse’, nor fuck-all!
I’ve never been thanked for the little improvements I’ve made to others’ work; punctuation, style and other minor corrections etc, but then I guess that seeing one’s work ‘doing its bit’ in print is reward enough. But that was yesterday: Until my contribution to the Shakespeare is either reinstated andor discussed with me I shall continue to use your publication, but I shall do so as I suspect do most users, plundering it with not even a twinge of conscience. And of course I shall make no more improvements to extant entries either. Thus have you lost one of your erstwhile “passionate volunteers”. If this is how you treat your free and diligent workers then you must not be surprised when they treat you with the same contempt and disdain. Not one penny...
Mike Seckerson and Jacquelyn Hyde.
There is no nepali language
i wish you had a 800 telephone number so that I could tell you that I only want to send you a cheque , payable in Canadian dollars to a Canadian address. I will never again send my credit card number over the computer . I do want to donate .
Regarding File talk:LinLibertineO 473.zip
Is this the correct font for the Wikipedia tagline? The "W" is not showing up as the stylized version mentioned here: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_official_marks/Word_mark_creation#The_type_face:_Linux_Libertine