Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi User Group
This page is kept for historical interest. It documents a non-recognized group whose application for recognition was not approved, or has not applied for recognition.
To find the list of active Wikimedia affiliates, visit the Affiliates Portal.
Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi User Group (укр. Вікімедійці Хмельницького) is a group of Wikimedia movement members who are interested in the history and culture of the city of Khmelnytskyi and Khmelnytskyi region that take active part in the development of Wikimedia Foundation projects. Khmelnitsky is a city in the historical and geographical region of Podolia in Ukraine. This group of Khmelnytskyi Wikimedians was forming for 6 years. We held master classes working on Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons for beginners, arranged the regional stages of wiki-marathons in the Ukrainian part of Wikipedia, supported the exhibitions of the best photos from the «Wiki Love Monuments» contest in our city, and established a library-based wiki-club for both the wiki-community of our city and for training beginners. We speak about our activities in the media to promote free knowledge and Wikipedia. We are looking for growing our capacity for the work we are doing at the local, national and international levels, so on the eve of the 16th birthday of Ukrainian Wikipedia, we decided to register a user group.
- Bringing Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi together for joint implementation of free knowledge projects.
- Promoting the Wikimedia movement in the city of Khmelnytskyi.
- Promoting generation and spreading of free knowledge about Khmelnytskyi.
- Involving new people in Wikimedia activities and attracting new active editors to Wikipedia.
- Organization of seminars and workshops on working on Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, and other Wikimedia projects.
- Development of Khmelnytskyi Wiki-Club and involvement of new editors.
- Participation and support of thematic projects and competitions, which are held in Ukrainian Wikipedia and other language sections.
- Organizing and conducting competitions of articles and photo competitions of local history topics about the city of Khmelnytskyi and the Podolia region to increase high-quality free content.
In 2014-2015, the wikipedians of Khmelnytskyi began to take part and to win in the Wikipedia competitions of local history topics in Ukrainian Wikipedia. Among them were the Wikiday contest, “Wikipedia Loves Monuments” article contest (укр. Вікіпедія любить пам’ятки) and the "Monuments of Nature on Wikipedia" contest (укр. "Пам’ятки природи у Вікіпедії"). In 2014, one participant from our group took part in the Wiki Loves Monuments photo contest for the first time, and in 2015, she already entered the top ten participants who photographed the largest number of environmental objects in the Ukrainian part of the «Wiki Loves Earth» contest.
Wikimedians of our city took part in the All-Ukrainian annual wiki conference and since that time they have taken more active participation in the Wikimedia movement. One of the Khmelnytskyi wikimedians entered the top ten people photographed the largest number of natural and architectural monuments in «Wiki loves Earth» contest. December 21, 2016 we organized the first training on working in Wikimedia Commons “The Librarians illustrate Wikipedia”.
Within these 3 hours, 19 librarians were introduced to using Wikimedia Commons, created their accounts in Wikimedia projects, added photos of the life of the library, and posted their materials in wiki-articles. More photos.
On January 30, 2017, Khmelnytskyi Wikimedians held a regional stage of the All-Ukrainian Wikimarathon. We helped beginners register accounts on Wikipedia, choose topics for their articles and make their first edits. The Wikimarathon was visited by residents of Khmelnytskyi, librarians, teachers, and cultural workers. Instead of 5 hours that we planned, the Wikimarathon lasted 7 hours due to the large number of participants.
More photos here. Alina Vozna took part in the All-Ukrainian Wiki Conference 2017 in Kherson and prepared a report about the Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi and her working with the media (almost all local channels made news stories about the Wikimarathon).
In 2018, Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi participated in the "Cultural decline and the appearance of the land" contest. Valentina Mikhalevska became the curator of the All-Ukrainian Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi, and Alina Vozna attended the Wikimania international conference in Cape Town. Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi took part in CEE meeting in Lviv and in All-Ukrainian Wiki Conference. One of us entered the top 10 in terms of the number of photographed objects in the "Wiki Loves Earth" contest.
In 2019, Alina Vozna took part in Selet organized International Youth IT Forum, where she shared with participating children and teenagers her experience around editing Wikipedia, working on Wikimedia Commons and taking part in international Wikimedia events. She later had an opportunity to visit Wikimania 2019 in Stockholm.
Our Wikimedians took part in the three-day seminar “Estonian Wikipedia Summer Days 2019” in Narva and Toila, dedicated to discussing the Wikimedia 2030 movement strategy.
Valentina Mikhalevska attended training for Wikimarathon trainers Kyiv training for Wikimarathon organizers dedicated to effective management of Wikipedia editing events and then held 2019 Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi. She also independently implemented several training projects for women of Khmelnytskyi on working in Wikipedia, as well as contributed into organizing Khmelnytskyi exhibition of "Wiki Loves Monuments" winning images. The opening ceremony was followed by a meeting with photographers and people involved in the protection of natural and architectural monuments of Khmelnytskyi. This meeting was held as an event of the Khmelnytskyi Wiki Club - the Khmelnytskyi association of Wikimedians, whose first meetings were held in early 2019. Our Wikiclub is a perfect platform for discussing different Wikipedia-related topics, educating newcomers and sharing experiences. Alina Vozna became a member of the jury of the Romanian part of the "Wiki Loves Monuments" international competition.
Alina Vozna took part in the Direct Academy webinar for librarians and teachers where she taught them searching free content on Wikimedia Commons. Her audience was over 60 people.
Valentina Mikhalevska also attended a training for local organizers of Wikimarathons – Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi will be held on January 27 in the central city public library (See photos). She also took part in a live broadcast of «Your TVGuest» morning show and spoke about Wikimarathon 2020 in Khmelnytskyi.
6 June, 2020. Wiki expedition to the Leznivetske Protected Tract. All materials will be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons soon.
The Khmelnytskyi newspaper "Proskuriv" (No. 20(2373) from June 11, 2020) was marked by a large publication about Alina Vozna with stories about Wikimania 2018 and 2019, Wikipedia and victories in wiki contests. This article is posted on the official site.
Journalists of the Khmelnytskyi city television channel took a comment from Alina Vozna about the start of the contest "Wiki Loves Earth".
July 5, 2020. Wiki expedition to the Davydkovetskyi Forestry Preserve.
On July 8, Alina Vozna became a guest of the “Face to Face” program and spoke about her experience in participating in the "Wiki Loves Monuments" contests and her victory in the "Best Video" nomination of the "Wiki Loves Folklore" contest.
July 14, 2020. Alina Vozna became a guest of the live radio broadcast on UA Podilla and talked about Wikipedia and the "Wiki Loves Folklore" and "Wiki Loves Earth" competitions.
- "Explore and photograph" is a project invented by the Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi User Group to save information about important events and objects of the city of Khmelnytskyi and Khmelnytskyi region. We strive to create and upload on Wikimedia Commons photos of significant objects of the past and important events of nowdays, to allow people to use this information freely.
- March 14, 2020 Wikimedians of Khmelnytskyi User Group will join the Wikitraining to be organized by librarians of Vinnytsia State Pedagogical University (The training date was postponed due to the national quarantine in Ukraine due to coronavirus).
- Khmelnitskyi - Krasyliv – Antoniny, Ukraine wiki expedition. At the end of March or beginning of April, a wiki expedition along the Khmelnitsky-Krasyliv-Antoniny route (villages in the Khmelnitskyi region) is planned to create high-quality photographs of objects of the environmental fund and monuments of culture and archeology, houses built in the 19th century and of great historical importance. Following the trip, photos will be added to Wikimedia Commons, new articles will be created or existing ones will be expanded (The wiki expedition date was postponed due to the national quarantine in Ukraine due to coronavirus).
- Mid or end of April - Wiki expedition to Medzhybizh: exploring the castle, the ancient Jewish cemetery, the ruins of the Trinity Church and other important historical places(The wiki expedition date was postponed due to the national quarantine in Ukraine due to coronavirus).
- May. Wiki expedition to Leznevetskyi forest.
- July - August. A two-week contest for writing articles about Khmelnytskyi region in Wikivoyage, to attract new users to fill out Wikiprojects, increase the tourist attractiveness of the region and the amount of information about the city and the region in Wiki projects. The most active authors will be awarded with souvenirs.
- September - December. A contest for writing and expanding articles about the villages of the Khmelnytskyi region.
- September - December. Conducting a regional one-month photo contest. Its purpose is uploading free portraits of prominent figures of Khmelnytskyi and the region: scientists, researchers, writers, people of art, etc. There are very few such images on Wikimedia Commons now.
Media about us
- «Your TVGuest»: Alina Vozna, Valentina Mikhalevska the organizers of the Wikimarathon in Khmelnitskyi
- «Your TVGuest» Valentina Mikhalevska
- A woman from Khmelnytskyi has created an unique article for Wikipedia
- Wikipedia for everyone
- Write an article for Wikipedia
- Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi
- Guest for a cup of coffee - Alina Vozna
- Wikitravel to Africa
- TV7 +. About Wikipedia. The main informational evening of the region. September 9th entry
- Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi
- Khmelnytskyi joined the Wikimarathon
- Face to face: Wikimarafon 2019 in Khmelnitskyi
- All-Ukrainian marathon has held in the Khmelnitsky city central library
- Wikimarafon will be held in the main city library
- Wikimarathon in Khmelnytskyi
- Wiki meet up in a library
Other media publications
- Хмельницька міська рада
- Хмельничани поповнили Вікіпедію своїми статтями
- Хмельничани за три дні написали 11 статей для Вікіпедії
- Вікімарафон у Хмельницькому
- Всеукраїнський вікімарафон у Хмельницькому
- Всеукраїнський Вікімарафон у Хмельницькому (Фото)
- --Alina Vozna (talk) 19:58, 26 January 2020 (UTC) firstname.lastname@example.org
- --Валентина Міхалевська (talk) 07:17, 27 January 2020 (UTC) email@example.com
- --Kseniya HM (talk) 12:44, 27 January 2020 (UTC) firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in participating
- --Drozdova Elena (talk) 07:31, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
- --Allaglyva (talk) 09:37, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
- --Ганна Ігорівна Слободян (talk) 09:42, 27 January 2020 (UTC) Зацікавлена!
- -- CEllen (talk) 21:45, 27 January 2020 (UTC)
- --Kmcbsf11 (talk) 11:49, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
- --Anna Sko (talk) 13:28, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
- --Світлана Сінькова (talk) 14:34, 28 January 2020 (UTC)
- Support --З. ӘЙЛЕ (talk) 05:10, 23 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Dmitry Rozhkov (talk) 20:17, 4 March 2020 (UTC)
- --Visem (talk) 19:58, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
- Support --Jbuket (talk) 17:55, 22 March 2020 (UTC)
- Support. International recognition of local groups is a strong incentive to develop activity levels.--Frhdkazan (talk) 10:41, 21 April 2020 (UTC)
- Strong support --Such initiative should be recognized for the beneficial of the community, do count me for any work in volunteer capacity. Rajeeb (talk) 19:38, 27 June 2020 (UTC)