The Wikimedians of Northern Nigeria User Group is a Wikimedia user group serving Wikimedians in Northern Nigeria - (Arewa). Northern Nigeria comprises all the states north to River Niger, which include Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Kano, Katsina, Plateau, Kaduna, Niger, Adamawa, Zaria, Sokoto, Kabba, Ilorin along with various tribes and cultures. There are about 60-70 languages across states in Northern Nigeria,
Northern Nigeria covers various states and provinces in Nigeria. It comprises of various ethnic groups like Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri, Nupe, Tiv, Igala, and Yoruba. Which some of these major ethnic groups are absent in many Wikimedia Projects. Furthermore, there are about 60-70 languages across states in Northern Nigeria, in which very few have pages on Wikimedia projects (and some are in danger of extinction. 
The Wikimedians of Northern Nigeria User Group is aimed at promoting Wikimedia goals across the region as well as engaging the various languages present in the region to different Wikimedia Projects with special emphasis on Wikimedia Sister Projects such as Wikitionary, Wikiquote, Wikinews, Wikisource, Wikibooks among others. This user group will create a welcoming and enabling environment for every Wikimedian in this region and will aim toward achieving the mission and vision of Wikipedia, as well as 2030 strategies. It will also focus on engaging and training other languages present in Northern Nigeria in different Wikimedia projects.
The objectives of this user group is to:
- Create a welcoming and enabling environment for Wikimedians across Northern Nigeria
- Promote use of Wikimedia projects by people in Northern Nigeria
- Recruit and train people in the region on how to contribute to different Wikimedia Projects
- Organize in-person and online gatherings of Wikimedians in the region
- Engage the major languages among various ethnic groups (in the region) in Wikimedia Projects
- First coined in August 2023.
Please use this wikipage's talk page to contact this group.