Isabukuru ya Wikipedia y'ímwaka 20
|Sangiza inkuru zawe|
This Wikipedia 20 Meta-Wiki page is an initial framework the global Wikimedia community can use to coordinate around the 20th birthday of Wikipedia. We are celebrating how humans made Wikipedia what it is, and only humans can help sustain and grow it. We are celebrating 20 years human!
This space serves as:
- A space to organize and plan events and meetups to celebrate the 20th;
- Tips and inspiration on how to organize and run a virtual event;
- A collection of tips for pitching to press and getting the word out on social media;
- A place to share birthday photos, videos, stories and more.
- Find an event nearby or remotely or find some helpful resources to help you plan one. We already have more than 100 events, and hope to have many more.
- Talk to the local press. In the past 20 years, Wikipedia has accomplished extraordinary things. Resources, including a press release template and resources on working with the media, are available to support you in your press outreach efforts.
- Design a Wikipedia 20 logo. In place of a single mark for Wikipedia 20, we’re making dozens. Add your own with something fun and representative of your community. Just use the visual guide so they share a common sensibility.
- Explore what the Wikimedia Foundation is doing for Wikipedia 20.
- Help with translating. Help us get the word out about Wikipedia 20 in as many languages as possible by joining our translation efforts!
- Share a message on social media. Wish Wikipedia a happy birthday! Please tag @Wikipedia, and add #Wikipedia20 to the post. We might re-tweet or share your message!