Wikiversity Journal User Group
WikiJournal is a chronologically ordered collection of works that have undergone the process of Wikiversity peer review. WikiJournal emphasizes transparency throughout the publication process, from peer review to final version. Thereby, WikiJournal avails for editors to not only summarize existing human knowledge, but also to build upon it. Also, WikiJournal acquires articles containing media (such as images) to enrich Wikipedia articles.
WikiJournal avails for contribution to Wikimedia projects by means of academic publishing, which scholars and other academia may be more familiar with. The other way around, it also assigns standardized reference formats to included works, making it easier for external scientific sources to use and cite Wikimedia works.
The mission of WikiJournal is to receive scholarly works with no cost for the authors, apply quality checks on submissions by peer review, and make accepted works available on the Internet free of charge, in perpetuity.
Journals in this group
WikiJournal is intended to be an expanding group of open access journals focused on various topics.
|Journal title||Logo||Subjects||Peer reviews||Abides by||ISSN||DOI||Pubmed/ MEDLINE||More info|
|Medicine, biomedicine||Independent reviewers||Yes||Yes||Not yet||See About|
|Science||Refereeing by journal editors||Yes||Not yet||Not yet||See About|
Anyone may contribute to WikiJournal and edit its pages. Edits to accepted journal articles may be reverted if they are not technical in nature, since changes to main text may require renewed peer review.
For WikiJournal of Medicine, individuals may sign up as official editors or peer reviewers, or apply for editorial board membership at their pages respectively (editors, peer reviewers, editorial board).
The WikiJournal Council consists of users who participate in common interests of the included journals. Members of the WikiJournal Council also direct the creation and/or acceptance of additional journals in this group. Membership in the WikiJournal Council is not a requirement to contribute to WikiJournal or any of the included journals, even as an official such as a board member. Yet, if you are interested in joining the WikiJournal Council, please express it in an entry at its Discuss page
Please sign your name below if you are interested in participating in the overall organization of this project, or in any of the included journals. Ways to contribute are listed at WikiJournal User Group#Contribute
- I am certainly interested in participating. -- Daniel Mietchen (talk) 10:10, 16 June 2016 (UTC)
- As a Wikiversity contributor and enthousiat, I certainly would be interested to stay informed on what could I do to help this project. --Psychoslave (talk) 15:09, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- As noticed here I'm intersted to join the project as French Wikiversity user and administrator Psychoslave is also active on French Wikiversity probably we can join our energy to start the french sister project. Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact French native speaker, désolé pour ma dysorthographie 18:51, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
- Recognition Wikiversity Journal User Group - May 31, 2016
- WikiProject Medicine/WikiJournal - the project's "embassy page" in Wikipedia