Difference between revisions of "Wikimedians of Bulgaria"
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
*Technology pool including mobile, hi-res scanner to travel the countries monasteries and digitise their libraries
*Technology pool including professional cameras for volunteers and photography workshops
*Advocating for copyright reform in Bulgaria and the EU, as part of the [[EU policy|Free Knowledge Advocacy Group EU]]
*Thematic edit-a-thons with public bodies
*[[http://wikilovesearth.org/ Wiki Loves Earth]]
Revision as of 19:52, 18 April 2014
This is a planning page for the Wikimedia User-Group of Bulgaria that is intended to turn into a chapter once the infrastructure is stabilised.
The more the merrier. We're looking for people wishing to share and work on our vision, mission and goals. Geographical location or language are of secondary importance.
- --Dimi z (talk) 14:34, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- — Luchesar • T/C 14:42, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- YOUR NAME HERE
- Mailing list
- info-l (archive)
- #wikipedia-bg on Freenode (irc.freenode.net)
- Bulgarian Wikipedia group, Bulgarian Wikipedia page
- Bulgarian Wikipedia page
- The village pump
- Уикипедия:Разговори (English translation)
Vision, Mission and Goals
Vision Wikimedians of Bulgaria believe in Free Knowledge and want to dedicate their individual and common resources to promote it in society.
Mission Wikimedians of Bulgaria want to popularise the concept of Free Knowledge in Bulgaria, gather freely licensed content and disseminate online and offline.
Goals In order to achieve above stated mission and make a step towards the vision, Wikimedians of Bulgaria are working on the following goals:
- Popularising the concept of Free Knowledge and free licenses in Bulgarian society
- Establishing the infrastructure and know-how necessary to support volunteers in gathering and dissemeniting Free Knowledge
- Organising and participating in events that help promote/gather/disseminate Free Knowledge,with special focus on education and interntional Wikimedia projects
- Working toward the establishment of an affiliated chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation in Bulgaria
Not sure we need these:
- Everyone interested can become a member by signing up on this page (temporary process)
- All members elect a board of 3-7 people.
- The board is responsible for running the everyday business of the user-group (administration, working on goals, supporting projects and vlunteers) and the strategic planning.
- The board must produce a detailed report on its running the everyday business of the user-group and the strategic planning at least once a year, which is to be accepted by all members with simple majority.
- The Board is responsible for drafting bylaws and plan out a path to becoming a future chapter. These are to be accepted by all members with absolute majority.
- Projects can be run by anyone, regardless of whether the person is a member of the user gourp. The board is responsible for officially endorsing projects and appointing project managers.
- The board might propose to create additional positions within the user-group tackling specific tasks. The newly created positions are to be accepted by all members with simple majority. The people filling these positions can be appointed by the board.
Projects and activities
- Cooperation with the Sofia Zoo
- Cooperation with the Bulgarian Archives State Agency
- Regaining of the Wikipedia and Wikimedia domain names in the .bg TLD
- Technology pool including mobile, hi-res scanner to travel the countries monasteries and digitise their libraries
- Technology pool including professional cameras for volunteers and photography workshops
- Advocating for copyright reform in Bulgaria and the EU, as part of the Free Knowledge Advocacy Group EU
- Thematic edit-a-thons with public bodies
- [Wiki Loves Earth]