Affiliate-selected Board seats
The Wikimedia chapters and thematic organizations select two members for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
Next selection process
Please help develop documentation about the election.
- Affiliate-selected Board seats election FAQ
- Your documentation here
- Note that board terms were two-years long until 2015, and are three-years long as of 2016.
- 2016: Christophe Henner and Nataliia Tymkiv
- 2014: Patricio Lorente and Frieda Brioschi
- 2012: Alice Wiegand and Patricio Lorente
- 2010: Arne Klempert and Phoebe Ayers
- 2008: Michael Snow and Arne Klempert
History and process
Starting with 2014, consistent with the proposed change to the WMF bylaws, this process has been modified to include thematic organizations in addition to chapters. Despite the name "affiliate-selected Board seats," user groups are not eligible to participate. Following July 2015's resolution, since 2016 the term of trustees seats is 3 years.
The affiliate-selected Board seats process is governed by a resolution of the chapters and thematic organizations, adopted on March 1, 2014.