Affiliate-selected Board seats
Next selection process
Please help develop documentation and the process for the election.
- Call for candidates
- Nominees - statement and resume
- Nominees - questions for discussion
- Affiliate-selected Board seats election FAQ
- Note that board terms were two-years long until 2015, and are three-years long as of 2016.
- 2016: Christophe Henner and Nataliia Tymkiv
- 2014: Patricio Lorente and Frieda Brioschi
- 2012: Alice Wiegand and Patricio Lorente
- 2010: Arne Klempert and Phoebe Ayers
- 2008: Michael Snow and Arne Klempert
History and process
Starting in 2014, consistent with the proposed change to the WMF bylaws, this process was modified to include thematic organizations in addition to chapters. Based on July 2015's resolution, starting in 2016 the term of trustees seats is 3 years.
Starting in 2019, consistent with Affiliate-selected Board seats/Resolution 2019, all affiliates in good standing, including user groups, are eligible to vote.
The affiliate-selected Board seats process is governed by a resolution of the chapters and thematic organizations.