Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections/2007/Reports/Day 1
|2007 board elections|
Report from Election Committee, on June 29, 2007.
Day 1 : 2007/06/29
- Voting has started.
- over 1100 users may have voted.
- Some technical problems happened and were fixed.
- Translations are appreciated.
In Day 1, 1143 votes were cast. Those votes may include votes from one user but multiple projects, voluntary strikes by users themselves or involuntary strikes by Election Committee members, and undetected frauds. Even reduced, the valid vote count is estimated over 1,100. So far, the total number of votes is near, or perhaps greater than, the total votes casted for the first Election in 2004.
As for voters by projects, the largest part has come from English Wikipedia. Several other European language projects are following. Votes have come from Eastern language communities also, including Arabic, Chinese or Japanese.
Votes have come from not only Wikipedia, but also from Wiktionary, Wikibooks, Commons and some other projects. Wikiversity people were troubled in the early stage (See #Bugs). We hope all community members can vote smoothly by now.
We appreciate all the people, who actively participate help troubleshoot and localize settings and spread information by all possible means.
- [Outdated information] Some early voters got wrong links with 2006 Election information. Now it seems to be fixed.
- [Wikiversity] Some early Wikiversity users were shut out from the voting. It was a genuine technical problem and soon fixed.
- [Link broken] SPI changed our wiki over to SSL, leaving a broken redirect from the original http:// address. Tim Starling changed the redirect on our side to go directly to the https:// address, restoring service, and contacted them to have them fix their redirect, which they have done. In addition, users now get a warning before redirection. The new message file may be found [[MediaWiki:Boardvote redirecting]], if localized (See also #Translation requests).
- [Settings] This year two Boardvote files are globally updated, and four added. Except one, all those files are to move to SPI wiki, not hosted on local wikis.
- [Boardvote Update] [[MediaWiki:Boardvote entry]] and [[MediaWiki:Boardvote notqualified]] are updated. Entry is filled with the up-to-date info, and Notqualified is tuned to use on the remote wiki.
- [Boardvote New] Additions are [[MediaWiki:Boardvote nosesion]], [[MediaWiki:Boardvote welcome]], [[MediaWiki:Boardvote blocked]] and [[MediaWiki:Boardvote redirecting]]. The first three messages are used on SPI wiki, the other on your own wiki.
- All those messages are found on MetaWikiPedia:Board elections/2007/Interface translation/diff and ready to translate.