CIS-A2K/Events/Train the Trainer Program/2016
|Train the Trainer Program
Train the Trainer (TTT) is a residential training workshop to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
After two successful iterations of Train the Trainer in 2013 and 2015, CIS-A2K is planning to organize the third iteration of the program. The exact dates and venue of the event have not been decided still, but like our previous iterations, this year also be a 3-days' residential program.
What's new in TTT 2016
- Extensive feedback gathering: The planning of TTT 2016 started in mid-April when we started contacting TTT 2015 participants for their ideas and suggestions to design this year's Train-the-Trainer program. We asked them a number of questions such as "what could be improved in the last TTT?, how can be improve this year's TTT etc." We'll reach mailing lists and village pumps for for further inputs. Based on all these suggestions and feedback, this year's TTT will be designed.
- MWT session: Based on the feedback we have received, it seems the participants are interested to learn some topics which were previously discussed during MWT. So, MWT sessions many be included in this year's program.
- Please don't apply unless you have at least a few hundred edits and some experience
Note: Participants will be selected based on their on wiki and off wiki activities and their responses to the questions asked in the Google form. In order to fulfil this objectives, preference will be given to Wikimedians who are applying for the first time.
Please fill this form to apply to join this year's Train-the-Trainer event. Please write your answers in details. We may contact you if we need further details.
In the Google form above you'll find these terms
- Pre-event works: The exact pre-event work has not been fixed yet, but it may something like preparing presentation or draft-plan to improve your Wikiprojects.
- Post-event works: Post-TTT you'll work to execute your plans, and conduct outreach activities. You will be in touch with CIS-A2K and share your progress and activities.
- 09:30 - 10:30: Introduction, Ice Breaker and review of TTT 2015 -
- 10:30- 11:00: Design and objectives of TTT 2016 - Tito and Tanveer
- 11:00-11:15: Tea Break
- 11:15-12:45: Panel 1: Pre Work Presentations and Discussions Moderator: Dr. Pavanaja
- 12:45-13:30: Global Metrics, WMF Strategy and Vision - Sailesh with Tito
- 13:30-14:30: Lunch
- 14:30-15:15: Reworking on proposals in alignment with Global Metrics - Rahmanuddin
- 15:15-16:00: Expert Training Session 1 - Powerful/effective presentation Dr. Pavanaja
- 16:00-16:15: Tea Break
- 16:15-17:15: Meet WEP partners
- 17:15-17:30: Feedback
- 09:30 - 10:30: Panel 2: Pre Work Presentations and Discussions - Subhashish
- 10:30- 11:00: Surveys and measuring impact - Abhinav with Rahmanuddin
- 11:00-11:15: Tea Break
- 11:15-12:45: Designing Survey for the proposed plans - activity for previous session
- 12:45-13:30: Expert Training Session 2
- 13:30-14:30: Lunch
- 14:30-15:30: Panel 3: Pre Work Presentations and Discussions - Tanveer
- 15:30-16:10: Effective Documentation and Reporting - Subha and Pavan
- 16:15-16:30: Tea Break
- 16:30-17:30: Meet an expert - Sunil
- 17:30-17:45: Feedback
- 09:30 - 10:30: Panel 4: Pre Work Presentations and Discussions - Rahmanuddin
- 10:30- 11:30: WMF Revised Grants Structure - Tanveer and Rahmanuddin
- 11:30-11:45: Tea Break
- 11:45-12:45: Preparing draft applications for at-least one activity proposed in Workplan - activity for previous session
- 12:45-13:30: Expert Training Session 3 and feedback
- 13:30 - 14:30 : From TTT to MWT and comprehensive feedback
|User:Chinmayee Mishra||Odia Wikipedia|
|User:Gopala Krishna A||Kannada Wikipedia|
|User:Dhanalakshmi .K. T||Kannada Wikipedia|
|User:Janak Bhatta||Nepali Wikipedia|
|User:Abha S Pradhan||Odia Wikipedia|
|User:Nitesh Gill||Punjabi Wikipedia|
|On Wikipedia: User:SlowPhoton;
On Commons: User:Simbu123
|User:Vinay bhat||Kannada Wikipedia|
|User:सुबोध कुलकर्णी||Marathi Wikipedia|
Expectations from participants
As part of your participation in TTT-2016 we expect you to actively take part in programme. This is a residential program and you are expected to stay back on campus/at the event venue during the entire duration of the program.
Each selected candidate will be given some pre-work. You're expected to come to the event having finished these assignments.
We expect you to take lead in translating outreach documents (including presentations, banners, FAQs, handouts) in your respective language and share those with your respective Wikimedia communities.
Participants will be expected to make presentations based on the pre-work and on the interactions that they have had with the community.
Participants will be taking part in peer evaluative exercises where they shall evaluate and discuss their peer's presentations and offering constructive suggestions that shall help them improve their presentation.
Participation in activities
Active participation in the learning activities and discussions is expected out of all the participants, as the TTT is a peer learning exercise and can serve its purpose only with active cooperation and participation.
Commitments for future outreach activities
It is expected of all the participants that they come up with an action plan regarding the outreach activities that they plan to conduct after TTT. A significant takeaway from the TTT is to come up with a action plan and timeline for the proposed outreach activities.
Support for future outreach activities
At the end of TTT programme, CIS-A2K team after consulting with the participant trainers will arrive at concrete individual and community based outreach activities that will be rolled out in the next one year. CIS-A2K is committed to facilitate and support the outreach activities as per the plan decided.
Travel and accommodation information
All the selected participants' costs like travel, stay and food will be entirely borne by CIS-A2K. Please take note of the following essential details:
- Low fare flight costs will be considered if your travel by bus/train is more than 24 hours to the event location.
- Stay will be provided by CIS-A2K on a twin sharing basis.
- All other incidental costs of the selected Wikimedians will be reimbursed on actual basis upon submission of original bills to CIS Office in Bangalore within 10 days of receipt.
- It is essential to submit boarding passes along with tickets if you travel by a flight.
- CIS will help with your flight booking, accommodation and food during the entire course of the program.
- If you are planning to stay for additional number of days, you need to make arrangements for your stay and food.
- We will provide you (once selected) over e-mail the essential contact numbers to coordinate your travel and stay arrangements.
Accommodation will be arranged in any one of these two places:
1215, 100 Feet Rd, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038
Ph: 080 4040 1313
- Bloomrooms @ Indiranagar
1136, 100 Feet Rd, HAL 2nd Stage, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038
Ph: 080 4665 7500
The first day's first session started with general introduction where the participants were told about the design, goals and objectives of Train-the-Trainer Program. They were also told about the past iterations of Train-the-Trainer and what could be improved there and our expectations from this iteration of Train-the-Trainer.
This was followed by presentations by participants. A few participants presented their work-plan for their Wikiprojects. Every presentation was being followed by a brief discussion and a question-answer series.
The third session was on Global and other metrics and Wikimedia vision and strategy. In this session the participants were taught about Global and other metrics and their importance. This was followed by an activity where the participants were asked to draft any plan and align outputs keeping Global (and other) metrics in mind.
The second day started with another round of presentations from the participants. Like the previous day, a presentation was being followed by a brief discussion and a question-answer session.
In the following session, a resource person from CIS-A2K taught how to create a powerful presentation. Different good practices, tips and tricks were shared in this session.
After that the topic of discussion was importance of reporting and documentation and how to prepare reports and documentations effectively.
- ತರಬೇತಿ ಮಾಡಲು ತರಬೇತಿಗೊಂಡಾಗ.... CIS-A2K TTT 2016 by Dhanalakshmi K. T.
For further queries you may write on the talk page or email:
- Tanveer Hasan: tanveercis-indiaorg
- Rahmanuddin Shaik: rahimcis-indiaorg
- Tito Dutta: titocis-indiaorg