Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Multimedia and Commons/Allow video uploading from mobile
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: Currently there's not a straightforward way of uploading video to Commons from a mobile phone, and we must rely on other tools to convert it to webm or ogv. This makes video uploading very far from user friendly.
- Who would benefit: Video creators, Commons users and, lastly, Wikipedia readers, who could find more relevant videos on articles.
- Proposed solution: Maybe merging the video2commons system into file uploading.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Translations: none yet
- This would be blocked on phab:T157614, probably. --Izno (talk) 04:04, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
- We need to wait for @legal to come up with an answer first. --Hedwig in Washington (talk) 02:59, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:18, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support YFdyh000 (talk) 17:27, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 22:58, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Shizhao (talk) 03:20, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 11:04, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support JTs (talk) 19:16, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Theklan (talk) 18:53, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 15:48, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Syced (talk) 05:12, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support strongly BugWarp (talk) 13:17, 11 December 2017 (UTC)