Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Watchlists/Watch a Wikidata query
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: When adding data to Wikidata, it's difficult to check if it continues to be consistent. Example: check if someone updates the population in a list of cities without monitoring each item in the Watchlist.
- Who would benefit: Data curators in Wikidata
- Proposed solution: Add a query, tested in the WDQS, to a page and run it with a custom frequency (once per day/week) similar to Wikidata:Database reports
- More comments: I currently use this workflow: prepare the query, create a Listeria page under my profile in itwiki, and check the diff in the Watchlist.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Translations: none yet
- Is this covered by Wikidata SPARQL Recent Changes? Ainali (talk) 14:50, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
- That's cool! I didn't know it! If there would be an RSS feed it would be really useful. To answer also @Ryan Kaldari (WMF):'s question, my request is to consider more integration of these tools in the Wikidata interface. The Watchlist has a RSS feed directly accessible in the Tools in left menu, and to monitor a page I need only to star that page, how to simplify the process also for Wikidata queries? --Sabas88 (talk) 11:58, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:25, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 19:54, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:09, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 05:24, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 12:52, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Might be possible to implement this as a "Watch related changes", grouping the related changes feed of a query results page into the watchlist, similar to #Watchlist created on categories proposal above. Yair rand (talk) 22:10, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Really interesting idea! MGChecker (talk) 00:01, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 12:43, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Termininja (talk) 16:34, 2 December 2017 (UTC)