Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Mobile and apps/Bring Sitenotice to Mobile view
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: Wikipedia editing is growing up so fast these days due to easy accessibility to mobile. Mostly New editors, readers and information seekers get the mobile view while surfing wikipedia on Mobile devices. We on our wiki organise various new events and edit-a-thons every other month. The only way to get more editor's to edit is by the Sitenotice. Unfortunately wikipedia sites on mobile only show central notice by which we can't target a huge audience.
- Who would benefit: Almost every mobile user will get the coverage of the notice that is going on in the desktop view. This will limit the bridge between the desktop version and mobile version and editors can get updated information about a wiki.
- Proposed solution: Enabling a proper sitenotice for mobile. Similar and not marshy like the centralnotice
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- wgMinervaEnableSiteNotice allows you to enable site notices on the mobile MinervaNeue skin and it already exists but is disabled by default. Any project can enable this via a site request. However, whoever enables it, needs to make sure their site notices are both mobile and desktop friendly as site notices can cause performance degradations and user frustration (usually vented on Twitter). I'd recommend installing some community best practices for editors managing the site notice, before doing that, but there's nothing stopping anyone from doing this now without any wikimedia input. Jdlrobson (talk) 23:00, 1 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 09:20, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 10:49, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 11:03, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Yes plz add this sitenotice tool JogiAsad (talk) 18:19, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Patriccck (talk) 07:49, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Lostinlodos (talk) 19:18, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 01:45, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support MYMMMC (talk) 05:35, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Lirazelf (talk) 12:56, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support--►Neriman2003 talk 18:26, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Matěj Suchánek (talk) 09:24, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support — AfroThundr (u · t · c) 02:25, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support PMG (talk) 17:10, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support yes pleaese Davidstewartharvey (talk) 17:16, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Ldorfman (talk) 20:21, 29 November 2018 (UTC)