Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Wikisource/Ajax editing for nsPage
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Français: Des outils Ajax pour l'espace Page.
- Problem: The editing into nsPage are much slower than needed - a lot of valuable user time is wasted dealing with "easy" edits.
- Français: Les modifications apportées à nsPage sont beaucoup plus lentes que nécessaire: un temps précieux est perdu à gérer des modifications "faciles".
- Who would benefit: Many wikisource contributors but the beginners.
- Français: Beaucoup de contributeurs à wikisource sauf les débutants.
- Proposed solution: An AJAX environment for both edit & view can fasten edit a lot; heavy tools and settings would be loaded once for a large sequence of edits (just as wikidata does). Consider that edit conflicts are very infrequent in nsPage. A successful gadget based on AJAX edit/preview is running into itwikisource but it's a "do-it-yourself" tool.
- Français: Un environnement AJAX pour l'édition et l'affichage peut améliorer grandement la vitesse d’édition; les outils lourds et les paramètres sont chargés une seule fois pour une grande séquence de modifications (comme le fait wikidata). Considérez que les conflits d’édition sont très rares dans nsPage. Un gadget basé sur l'édition / prévisualisation AJAX fonctionne bien avec itwikisource, mais il s'agit d'un outil "à faire soi-même".
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Sure: https://it.wikisource.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-eis.js . But please catche the rough idea, the code runs and is used by many users, but it is a DIY (do-it-yourself) code. Its name is eis from "edit in sequence"--Alex brollo (talk) 19:34, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 01:04, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Benipal hardarshan (talk) 07:11, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਵਿਰਦੀ (talk) 07:12, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Simranjeet Sidhu (talk) 07:13, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Harshaan Ghuman (talk) 07:13, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Jagvir Kaur (talk) 07:17, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support VIGNERON * discut. 12:29, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Ninovolador (talk) 20:18, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Bodhisattwa (talk) 03:50, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Candalua (talk) 06:35, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Reptilien.19831209BE1 (talk) 06:29, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Vulphere 07:21, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 15:17, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Jayantanth (talk) 19:53, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 01:04, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Ranjithsiji (talk) 22:54, 25 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Zyephyrus (talk) 18:20, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support I usually employ it for formatting and proofreading: it's fast and reliable. εΔω 17:46, 29 November 2018 (UTC)