Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wikiversity/Export pages as JATS-compliant XML
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Export pages as JATS-compliant XML
- Problem: Journal Article Tag Suite (JATS) is a standardised way of representing article content and metadata in a way that is more easily machine-readable. It is used for a wide range of data mining (especially in combination with Wishlist_2020/...uploading_academic_papers_to_Wikisource).
- Who would benefit: Wikiversity (Wikijournals in particular), but also Wikisource and possibly Wikipedia.
- Proposed solution: Develop a way to include simple JATS XML tags within the content of a page (automated where possible) and generation of JATXT XML metadata from info in linked wikidata page
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 08:05, 9 November 2019 (UTC)
- OJS 3 mostly supports JATS, see https://pkp.sfu.ca/open-typesetting-stack/ Nemo 09:10, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 08:43, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact French native speaker, sorry for my dysorthography 11:01, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Scott Thomson (Faendalimas) talk 15:20, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support OhanaUnitedTalk page 16:22, 22 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 15:39, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support 游魂 17:00, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 18:18, 25 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support --Alaa :)..! 16:32, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 17:40, 2 December 2019 (UTC)