Welcome to my user page
By way of introduction, I would like to inform you that I am currently working full-time in the NGO Louvain Coopération as attaché in digital anthropology. In this context, you can contact me at lionel.scheepmanslouvaincooperationorg or by phone at +32 10 39 03 15. Apart of this professional context, you can also contact me with use private e-mail adress lionelscheepmansbe, by WhatsApp with the phone number +32 486 060 016 or by phone with the number +32 71 96 08 83.
To allow other users of the project to stay informed of my exchanges, it is also preferable to contact me via my talk page, or better yet, when it concerns page published on wikimedia project, by notifying me in a message left on the talk page dedicated to the content. To do this, simply put a blue link in your text pointing to my user page (in wikicode : « [[utilisateur:Lionel Scheepmans|]] »). So do not hesitate to contact me for help, exchange of knowledge, discussion about my work, or what ever, I will be happy to reply. Finally, for a picture and additional informations to this page, see my detailed C.V. or my user page in fr.wikiversity (in French).
Wishing you great discoveries in the universe Wikimedia,
P.-S. I'm French native speaker, and apologize for misspelling also due to dysorthographic trouble. Please don't judge me on basis of this, however, do not hesitate to correct my writings. The wiki environment lends itself perfectly and I will be very grateful for it.
Son of a laborer father and an independent mother, I was born in Nivelles in January 1969 to join a humanity witch is already doubled to staffing since my birthday. Originally from Frasnes-lez-Gosselies, the live gave me the opportunity to live in different places in Belgium and the rest of the world.
Originally trained as a technician in forestry, I then approached by my studies or following various professional experience, areas of tropical agriculture, mapping, animation and aeronautics. I had thereafter an artistic career in the fields of music, circus and theater just before returning to university studies at 38 years old.
These studies began with BA in Sociology anthropology, whose first two years were made at the Université libre de Bruxelles and the third at the University of Coimbra . I then continued my education with a master's degree in anthropology from two years performed at the Université catholique de Louvain.
After my college graduation, I deepened my knowledge of video editing and politics field. I was active in the Pirate Party of Belgium for almost three years before realizing that the Belgian political context does not allow me to develop respect for my ideals and a certain ethic of democracy. Following this experience, I developed a reflection throught a personal independent studies named Trilogie pour un monde juste et sain then get involved more actively in community projects and father's life. More recently, in June 2016, my personal thoughts I've finished a University Certificate in Economic and Social Ethics witch give me the opportunity to precise personal convictions in theoretical field.
On Wikimedian projects, I am very active in French Wikiversity project, where I published and listed all my research and papers on my user page. I contribute modestly to other projects supported by the foundation over the items that I check and when the urge arises.
In early 2013, I started to get interested in of line Wikimedia activities with a particular interest in the creation of the association Wikimedia Belgium. As attest my my papers, I'm particularly interested about Wikimedia Movement in an anthropological, ethical and political point of view. For the rest and to discover my background in detail, consult this on line C.V..
Offline participation within Wikimedia movement
- Month of French contribution at Gembloux (March 2017)
- Month of French contribution Louvain-la-Neuve (March 2017)
- Speaker during Éducalibre : Wikimédia projects presentation and Kiwix workshop (October 2016)
- Wikimania Italia (May 2016).
- Presentation and debate about Wikimedia Movement in cultural café "D'autre Mondes" (May 2016)
- General assembly of Wikimedia Belgium (January 2016)
- Just for the record, funded by the Wikimedia foundation (January 2016).
- Workshop Wikipedia for Mons 2015 (May 2015)
- Wikimedia Presentation for Associalibre (May 2015).
- Explorateur wikimedia au Cape Vert (Febuary - April 2015)
- Projects Day Wikimedia Belgium (Febuary 2015)
- Stand Wikipedia FOSDEM (January 2015).
- First Wikimedia Belgium general assembly (January 2015).
- Wikimedian explorer in south of India (October 2014)
- Mounth of French contribution in Pondichéry (October 2014).
- Mounth of contribution 2014 in Charleroi
- Creation of Wikimedia Belgium (October 2014).
- Wikimania London - See report (August 2014).
- Stand Wikipedia FOSDEM (Febuary 2014).
- Month of French contribution 2013 in Charleroi (October 2013)
Online participation within Wikimedia movement
Activity inside Wikimedia projects
Essays and researches about Wikimedia Movement
- Dérives éthiques au sein du mouvement Wikimédia (read on Google translate): ethical essay about Wikimedia Movement (2016).
- Pour une économie plus juste au sein du mouvement Wikimédia (read on Google translate): essay about ethical economy within Wikimedia Movement (2016).
- Is anonymity for Wikipedia contributors desirable or not?: essay about anonymity desirability on Wikipedia (2016).
- Wikipedia, media of western cultural colonization (read on Google translate): essay about Wikipedia and cultural colonization (2016).
- Questions of democracy and social responsibility within Wikimedia Movement: essay about social responsibility and drifting linked to the iron law on Wikimedia Movement (2016).
- A wikimedian explorer in Cape Verde: Wikimedia user analyze and workshop report in Cape Verde (2015, Work in progress)
- A wikipedian explorer in south of India: Wikimedia user analyze and workshop report in India (2015).
- An analysis of Wikimedia organizations as they are off line and on line: Essay and participation report about Wikimania London (2014).
- Culture fr.wikipedia (read on Google translate): Monography about active users community on French Wikipedia project (2011).
- Wikimedia Movement: presentation for video projection.
Wikimedia's blog participations
- La Wikiversité francophone, un contenu pédagogique ouvert à tous Interview on French Wikimedia association's blog (2016).
- wmfblog:en/2015/05/12/wikimania-online-and-offline Wikimania and the differences between online and offline cultures (2015).
Projects and grants submissions or idea
- Project/Rapid/Lionel Scheepmans/Wiki 4 Coop : Wikimedian in residence on [[w:Louvain Cooperation|]] NGO.
- Wiki 4 Coop : Collaboration project between Wikimedia movement and Belgian cooperation stakeholders.
- Grants:IdeaLab/Karma system: Project for dealing with harassement within on line wikimedia projects (2016).
- Grants:IEG/Outreach and partnership with University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) (2015).
- Grants:TPS/Lionel Scheepmans/A wikimedian explorer in Cape Verde (2015).
- Wikimedia CH/Micro Grant/Plug Kiwix pour FOSDEM et Wikimedia Belgium (2015).
- Grants:PEG/WM BE/Budget 2015 H1 (2014)
- Wikimedia France/Micro-financement/Demande/Atelier du mois de la contribution francophone à Pondichéry: budget to organize a french mounth of contribution in Ponichery (2014).
- Wikimedia France/Micro-financement/Demande/location local et projecteur pour un atelier wikipédia à Charleroi (Belgique): budget to organize a French month of contribution in Charleroi (2014).
Activity proposal for Wikimania
- The French Wikiversity : presentation, challenges and future prospects (in French) (annual meeting for Wikimedia movements 2016).
- Ethical and social responsibility questions about Wikimedia movement (in French) (annual meeting for Wikimedia movements 2016).
Statisitcs about all my on line activities