Community Wishlist Survey 2020/Wiktionary/What's in the newspaper today?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: Wiktionarians can't detect every new used word in real time to include them as soon as they appear, although they are examples of use accessible online.
- Who would benefit: Contributors and readers
- Proposed solution: Development of a tool that harvests online newspapers to record words that are missing in Wiktionaries database.
- More comments: This tool have to be adapted for each language and/or resource. Darkdadaah created a similar tool and had made it run from 2010 to 2013 for French.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: DaraDaraDara (talk) 14:54, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- Harvesting newspapers is a great way to detect new words, and it helps to have selected sentences to add as examples, after some manual selection as some sentence are correct but too long or too much in need of the context. Also, a thematic labelling may help Wikinewsies and Wikipedians to find more sources. Noé (talk) 11:27, 15 November 2019 (UTC)