- See also: Fundraising 2010/Committee
The 2007 Fundraising committee is moving ahead with plans for a fall fundraiser. Please check back here for further details.
needs updating - the below was for the 2006 drive.
A fundraising committee has been proposed to coordinate fundraisers. Discussion of specific committee proposals started as of late May 2006, and the Board has approved the creation of such a committee (see Wikimedia:Resolution Fundraising committee). It is intended that this group will coordinate a 2006 foundation fund drive and future fund drives. Daniel Mayer has been tasked with forming this committee.
During 2006, the first year of the committee, its role has evolved, whilst the organisation of Wikimedia Foundation evolved as well. Early 2007, the goal of the committee is to brainstorm/discuss fundraising possibilities. The result of the brainstorm should be helping the board to define a fundraising strategy. Later in the year, the role of the committee will be to help implement the strategy defined by the board.
News about the committee
- The board has approved the initial membership of the committee. See wikimedia:Resolution fundraising committee/membership --Daniel Mayer 01:55, 25 August 2006 (UTC)
- The board will not be able to get to this until Wikimania. --Daniel Mayer 17:30, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
- The board is reviewing the below list and will be making a decision soon. --Daniel Mayer 13:35, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
- I'm now waiting for drafted people to accept or decline. --Daniel Mayer 14:25, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
- I reported to board and asked for more time - spent the last weekend on the Euro accounting and did not have any time to get things rolling here (part of the reason we need a fundcom - I don't scale). I will work a bit on this each day after work and will make a major effort this weekend if time permits. --Daniel Mayer 00:10, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- "On August 17, 2006, US President George W. Bush signed the Pension Protection Act of 2006. The new law contains numerous changes to the tax law provisions affecting tax-exempt organizations."  Most relevantly, the Act requires donors of any amount of money to maintain "a canceled check, bank record or receipt from the donee organization showing the name of the donee organization, the date of the contribution, and the amount of the contribution." Previously this was only required for donations of more than $250.
- Provide ideas on improving /Fundraising CORE
- Set roles of advisors and consultants (member tasks) and appoint individuals See /Motions and /Motions/Draft
- Draft proposed /Delegations and submit to the board for ratification (member, advisor and consultant task)
- Develop /Next steps (what needs to be done to set-up the committee)
- Meet to discuss everything /Meetings (input your availability to meet)
- Work on the /Fundraising procedure
- Design /Evaluations
- Work on /Merch ideas (all welcome)
- Work on /Design tasks
- Create ideas for a /Fundraising appeal
Volunteers are self-selected and ever-changing group of people who help when they feel like it and only to the extent they see fit. This will be the largest group of people who will be affiliated with the fundraising committee. They will be the ones who do the bulk of the translating and word-smithing work and possibly other tasks. There may or may not be an official volunteer role to recognize those volunteers who help a lot and often but who otherwise are not interested in the meeting obligations inherent in advisorship and membership and who do not have the relevant experience to be a consultant. No expectation to use real names or to have a minimal level of participation.
- Sign up!
- Sue Anne
- Cbrown1023 talk
- Greeves (Mitchell)