- Submission no. 79
- Title of the submission
- Whither WLUG?
- Author(s) of the submission
Kerry Raymond (User:Kerry Raymond) on behalf of the Wikipedia Library User Group Steering Committee
- E-mail address
kerry.raymondwikimedia.org.au (as contact point)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Wikipedia Library User Group Steering Committee
- Type of session
- Length of session
- Ideal number of attendees
Members of the Wikipedia Library User Group and anyone interested in the interface of Wikipedia and libraries
The Wikipedia Library User Group (WLUG) was established in March 2017, electing its first steering committee in January 2018. The steering committee would like this (and any other forums) to meet with members of the WLUG as possible as well as others with an interest in the interface between Wikimedia projects and librarians (WL). The steering committee will share its current plans and learn from others on the problems and successes at the WL interface to help determine the WLUG action plans.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- For WLUG steering committee, a better understanding of what the members and others want to see happening and problems they are experiencing
- For WLUG members and others, a better understanding of what the WLUG is working on and how they can be part of it
- Slides or further information
There will be a shareable document (e.g. Google Docs, etherpad, or similar) available to capture discussion at the meetup. This will be available afterwards (possibly after some moderation to ensure it meets Chatham House Rule).
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.