Grants:IdeaLab/Bikol Wiktionary Trainer's Training and Edit-a-thons
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
What problem are you trying to solve by doing this project? This problem should be small enough that you expect it to be completely or mostly resolved by the end of this project. Remember to review the tutorial for tips on how to answer this question.
I'm hoping to promote the development of Bikol Sentral Wiktionary, recruit editors to be trainers of editors. The trainers will facilitate future edit-a-thons efficiently and organized. Bikol Sentral Wiktionary is currently in incubator status. However, the demand for a free source for Bikol Sentral words is high due to the transition of the Philippine Educational system to mother tongue-based languages as a medium of instruction.
What is your solution?
For the problem you identified in the previous section, briefly describe your how you would like to address this problem. We recognize that there are many ways to solve a problem. We’d like to understand why you chose this particular solution, and why you think it is worth pursuing. Remember to review the tutorial for tips on how to answer this question.
The solution I have come up with is to start a small training of editors and show them how to use the templates I have developed exclusively for Bikol Sentral Wiktionary. The templates will facilitate entries and edits more effectively and consistently. A small group of 10 experienced editors to be trained to be trainers including myself will be our support group during edit-a-thons on Bikol Wiktionary.
- 1. Trainings for editors will be divided into four(4) sessions. Four weekends starting October 12, 2019.
- 2. Only 5 prospected editors per session will be invited. Mostly compose of regular Bikol Wikipedia editors and linguists in the community.
- 3. Trainings will involve navigation on the incubator, templates and modules exclusively used for Bikol Sentral Wkitionary.
- 4. Devising a plan on how to effectively conduct future edit-a-thons for Bikol Sentral Wiktionary.
What are your goals for this project? Your goals should describe the top two or three benefits that will come out of your project. These should be benefits to the Wikimedia projects or Wikimedia communities. They should not be benefits to you individually. Remember to review the tutorial for tips on how to answer this question.
- 1. To train editors on how to use the templates for Bikol Wiktionary.
- 2. To add more entries to the Bikol Wiktionary and make it up and running for the Bikol Community.
- 3. To promote the Bikol Sentral Wiktionary for the community.
About the idea creator
Hi! I'm a licensed librarian and a creative writing teacher in our country. I am currently migrating the modules and templates for Bikol Wiktionary. This project aims to train a few editors on how to use this templates on Bikol Wiktionary. So we can have more able editors when we conduct edit-a-thons for the Bikol Wiktionary.
- This should make Bikol Wikipedia editors richer in vocabulary and more adequate in structuring and organizing articles. Hopefully, we should be expecting articles that are of higher quality. Ringer (talk) 05:55, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
No funding needed?
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschillingwikimedia.org for help!
The funding information is provided on the Project plan.
- 1. Recruitment of experienced editors to be Bikol Sentral Wiktionary Trainers
- 2. Familiarizing with the current Wiktionary templates and tools, for making an entry, thru edit-a-thons.
- 3. Brainstorming on how to effectively and consistently update the Bikol Sentral Wiktionary.
- 4. Adding new entries on the Bikol Sentral Wiktionary.
- Community: The Bikol community will have a free and existing online dictionary thesaurus for Bikol Words. Also, a way of preserving the Bikol language and tracking diversities.
- Students: Students will have free access for Bikol language words for their studies.
- Bikol editors: Will contiue to have an avenue of i proving and promoting the Bikol Sentral language thru the Wiktionary platform.
- 1. Recruited committed editors to be trainers and be able to plan-out a series of edit-a-thons for Bikol Sentral Wiktionary.
- 2. Updated templates. modules and guides.
- 1. Trainers / Editors = 20
- 2. Word entries = 1,000 or more
Human Resource: 1. Project organizer - Brazal.dang, Recruitment and training of editors on the templates and Wiktionary tools.
Total = Php 51,200.00 / USD 984.55