Grants:PEG/Wikicology/100 articles contribution to Yoruba Language Wikipedia
- 1 Goal
- 2 Plan
- 3 Resources and risks
- 4 Budget
- 5 Discussion
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful (2–3 sentences).
- To increase the number of articles on Yoruba language Wikipedia by 100 within 2 months.
- Improvements to at least 50 existing articles.
- Addition of at least 50 images of yoruba culture, fashion and adornments to the project.
- Contents creation: I'm a prolific contents creation on the English language Wikipedia and I focus my contents creation on Nigeria-related topics of encyclopedic importance. As at 14th November, 2015 I had created 532 articles (on average of 35 articles per month) without a set target. I will create at least 50 articles in a month on the Yoruba language Wikipedia with the set target. I will create at least 2 articles per day.
- Existing articles improvement: I will improve at least one article per day, which simply suggest that I will improve at least 50 existing articles within 2 months.
- I will create 1 WikiProject per month
- I will add at least 50 images of yoruba culture, fashion and adornments to the project. This image will be taken from Lagos and Ogun State which are Yoruba speaking states.
- Increasing amount of contents on Yoruba language Wikipedia, improvement to at least 50 articles and submission of at least 50 images for usage on the project
Fit with strategy
What crucial thing will the project try to change or benefit in the Wikimedia movement? Please select the Wikimedia strategic priority(ies) that your project most directly aims to impact and explain how your project fits. Most projects fit all strategic priorites. However, we would like project managers to focus their efforts on impacting 1-2 strategic priorities. Examples of strategic priorities can be found at here.
Measures of success
Please provide a list of both quantitative and qualitative criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is. You will need to report on the success of the project according to these measures after the project is completed. See the PEG Program Resources for suggested measures of success. Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- increase the number of articles by 100
- increase in the number of images for use on Yoruba language Wikipedia by at least 50
- improvement to minimum of 50 existing articles
- Addition of two Wikiproject
Resources and risks
- I will execute the project based on my experience with Wikipedia Projects and my familiarity with the language. I'm a native speaker of Yoruba language with good written skills in Yoruba language.
- User:Colouriyo, a member of the Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and a professional photo journalist in Nigeria will also assist in the shot of the images.
The fact that I'm a native speaker of Yoruba, with good writing skills in both Yoruba and English language, coupled with my understanding of the core Wikipedia Policies and guidelines will significantly minimized any risk.
Please provide a detailed breakdown of project expenses according to the instructions here. See Budget Guidelines. Grantees are subject to line-item scrutiny of expenses. Changes to the approved budget beyond 10% in any category must be approved in advance.
Project budget table
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||HP 255 G1 Laptop||A good laptop for the project||1||1||110000||110000||NGN||I currently do not have a personal laptop. Having this will enhance my work since I will continue the project/work after this particular one with higher target without the need to request for a laptop again|
|2||Travel expenses||This expenses is for traveling within Lagos and Ogun State, Nigeria to get images for usage on the project||39,500||39,500||NGN|
Total cost of project
149,000 NGN/749 USD
Total amount requested
Total amount requested from the Project and Event Grants Program. 160,000 NGN/805 USD
Additional sources of revenue
Additional sources of revenue, other than the Project and Event Grants Program, that may fund part of this project, and amounts funded.
See a description of non financial assistance available. Please inform the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) of any requirements for non-financial assistance now.
You are responsible for notifying relevant communities of your proposal, so that they can help you! Depending on your project, notification may be most appropriate on a village pump, talkpage, mailing list. Please paste a link below to where the relevant communities have been notified of this proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. Need notification tips?
Do you think this project should be selected for a Project and Event Grant? Please add your name and rationale for endorsing this project in the list below. Other feedback, questions or concerns from community members are also highly valued, but please post them on the talk page of this proposal.