This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Nigerian Commons Photographers group
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
Nigerian Commons Photographers User Group
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
NCPUG WikiBrance International Youth Day 2022
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
As the theme of The WikiBrance 2022 indicates that it is on International Youth Day it is focused to celebrate and acknowledge youths contributions and commitments to the Wikimedia Movements and to the whole eco system at large. This is to encourage, contribute and create awareness on what's the youths are doing to move the Wikimedia Movements forward align with Wikimedia Commons related actives on Photography and Audio. it is to pin point young hard working people to appreciate them, and to let them know their contributions matters. What are the main challenges or problems you are trying to solve? To activate photography and Audio activities in Wikimedia Commons.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
The strategies for this event of NCPUG will align to the International Youth Day 2022 organizing coordinating activities as follow; -
1 - We will Identify 2 people (male and female where available) with the highest number of edits, organized training/Edit-a-thons or other forms of leadership from NCPUG. 2 - We will try to Identify an experienced Wikimedian who is not a young person but is supporting the journey of young people in NCPUG. 3 - We will Join with (our community along) during the global launch event which will double as a wikimania session to talk about the work of such people in our community, either live where possible or pre-recorded to be presented at the session. 4 - We will share the information of the identified persons with the global team for recognition using available means possible. 5 - We will also host a local event recognizing the identified Wikimedians and awarding them. 6 - We will host a webinar or virtual training - to Train and educate participants who want to learn about how to participate in the IYD event. 7 - Importantly, we will also host an editathon - physically to contribute to the theme of the IYD on Wikimedia Commons (Photography and Audio).
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
1 - Promotional Campaign (Online and Offline) 1 - Edith - a - thon. 3 - Engaging NCPUG Community. 4 - Identifying Youths in the movements with highest Contributions in Wikimedia Commons, organizing of events and leadership skills in the community. 5 - Bringing NCPUG Community to Wikimania. 6 - Photos and Audio specific target will be on Youth's Life and the audio files will be on Words associated with Youth from birth to adolescent age to be used in articles and wikitionary related to youth.
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
Other (please specify)
- The WikiBrance: International Youth Day 2022
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
Co - founder: User:Anasskoko Co - founder: User:Musa Vacho77
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Age (regency), Language
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
1 - Age: This projects aim age because it is The WikiBrance: International Youth Day 2022, celebrating young Wikimedians in the movements. 2 - Language: To Involve different young people from different languages in Nigeria to contribute to Wikimedian Commons with native photos and audio.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
Culture, heritage or GLAM , Diversity
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Geographic , Linguistic / Language, Socioeconomic status, Age
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
Who are the target participants and from which community? Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo. How will you engage participants before and during the activities? through social media handle, importantly, WhatsApp. How will you follow up with participants after the activities? We will stay in torch with them on Social media handles.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
We will adhere to UCOC and Wikimedia Friendly Space Policy.
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
We notify our members and all relevant communities through discussion pages and local community portal.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Improve User Experience, Identify Topics for Impact
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
1 - We want to learn the impacts of youth in the movement of International Youth Day 2022. 2 - We want to learn the impacts of youth in the Wikimedia Commons. 3 - We want to learn how well the youths sound are heard. 4 - We want to learn how older Wikimedians with on and off wiki activities are helping youths in the movements. 5 - We want to learn the most users with highest contributions.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants
|30 participants and likely more across the inter communities we have in Nigeria.
|Number of editors
|There will be 25 young editors during the event part of which will be 5 are newly editors.
|Number of organizers
|3 organisers: The co-founders of NCPUG and 5 fascillators.
|400 Files will be uploaded.
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
300 audio files part of which will be Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo audio files and 100 photos, making the total of 400 files to be uploaded.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
We will use the wonderful glamourous tool to measure the audio and images files contents uploaded by participants, and the usage of those files across Wikimedia Projects. https://glamtools.toolforge.org
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).