This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Please provide your main Wikimedia Username.
- Please provide the Usernames of people related to this proposal.
Jury members వాడుకరి:యర్రా రామారావు, వాడుకరి:Adithya pakide, వాడుకరి:Chaduvari
- Are you a member of any Wikimedia affiliate or group, including informal groups like Wiki Fan Clubs, emerging language communities, not recognized Wikimedia groups etc.? Please list them all.
- M. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be the Meta-Wiki page title.
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2022 - Telugu Wikipedia
- Q. Indicate if it is a local, international, or regional proposal and if it involves several countries? (optional)
- Q2. If you have answered regional or international, please write the country names and any other information that is useful for understanding your proposal.
- R. If you would like, please share any websites or social media accounts that your group or organization has.
- 1. What is the change that you are trying to bring about and why is this important.
The project is intended to improve the articles on Telugu Wikipedia with relevant images. The Project is paramount to facilitating active user participation and adding images to articles.
There are more than 4000 article pages with no images, the project goal is to upload images on at-least 1500 pages.
- 2. Describe your main approaches or strategies to achieve these changes and why you think they will be effective.
A project page is created on Telugu Wikipedia to convey the relevant information to users of the community and the participants can register by signing in on the project page. Any information relevant to the project will be communicated to all the users through the Village pump and user talk pages.
We have identified 4000 article pages with no images and will be encouraging users to add images in newly created articles.
- 3. What are the activities you will be developing and delivering as part of these approaches or strategies?
Regular training sessions and strategy discussion meetings will be conducted for strengthening the project. Although the international competition is intended for users with 1 year of edit experience on Wikipedia, we at Telugu Wikipedia are considering new user contributions to the project (these users are awarded only certificates and Souvenirs). Will be conducting outreach through various social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for sharing the project details.
An innovative approach to improving content: Telugu Wikipedia has more than twenty thousand geographical articles, although maps are being added to these pages, images can bring more beauty and in turn create active community participation while reaching out to a huge audience through these articles can be done. So, we have planned for "Photo Travel" (travel to the nearest geographical locations to capture images to upload in wiki commons and add to Wikipedia). The Idea of Photo travel is to facilitate some of the users to capture images of geographical places like government infra, and tourist attractions to upload on wiki commons under usable licenses and use in relevant Wikipedia pages. example: the following image of a primary health center at a village in kerameri village of Asifabad block in Telangana state is used in the relevant article on Telugu Wikipedia link to the image-  link to the article-
- 4. Are your activities part of a Wikimedia movement campaign or event? If so, please select the relevant campaign below. If so, please select all the relevant campaigns from the list below. If "other", please state which.
Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos
- 5. Do you have the team that is needed to implement this proposal?
We have a team of 3 people, who are acting as Jury members for the Project and myself (User: Nskjnv) organizing the campaign.
- 6. Please state if your proposal aims to work to bridge any of the identified CONTENT knowledge gaps (Knowledge Inequity)? Select up to THREE that most apply to your work.
Other global topics for impact (topics considered to be of global importance)
- 6.1 In a few sentences, explain how your work is specifically addressing this content gap (or Knowledge inequity) to ensure a greater representation of knowledge.
Telugu Wikipedia has more than 77000 articles and the community has immense potential to improve the content on Wiki. This project helps adding images to articles and encourage users to seek active participation in various name spaces.
- 7. Please state if your proposal includes any of these areas or THEMATIC focus. Select up to THREE that most apply to your work and explain the rationale for identifying these themes.
- 8. Will your work focus on involving participants from any underrepresented communities?
Linguistic / Language
- 9. Who are the target participants and from which community? How will you engage participants before and during the activities? How will you follow up with participants after the activities?
Users from Telugu Wikipedia are the target group participants and enthusiasts from outside wiki will be encouraged to contribute for the Project. Participants will be guided about the dos and don'ts in the competition and possible sources for the scope of work will be shared through project talk page. The user edits and over all edits will be tracked through Wikimedia hashtag tool of WPWP campaign.
This project also intends to bring in new user contribution for the project, while we parallelly motivate them to contribute in various name spaces of Wikipedia to retain user contribution.
- 10. In what ways are you actively seeking to contribute towards creating a safer, supportive, more equitable environment for participants?
All the communication of the project will be done by following the Wiki 4th pillar "Treat each other with respect and Civility".
- 11. Please tell us about how you have let your Wikimedia communities know about the planned activities and this proposal. Use this space to describe the processes you carried out to make the community more involved in planning this proposal. Please link the on-wiki community discussion(s) around the proposals.
The community has chosen me to organize this project as I have gained some prior experience being one of the top contributors & International Jury members for the 2021 version of the Wiki Pages Wanting Photos campaign.
I have created a project page sharing relevant information and discussed the project here on the Telugu Wikipedia's Village pump.
- 12. Are you aware of other Rapid Fund proposals in your local group, community, or region that are being submitted and that align with your proposed project?
- 12.1 Did you explore the possibility of doing a joint proposal with other leaders in your group?
- 12.2 How will this joint proposal allow you to have better results?
- 13. Will you be working with other external, non-Wikimedia partners to implement this proposal? Required.
- 13.1 Please describe these partnerships and what motivates the potential partner to be part of the proposal and how they add value to your work.
- 14. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select a maximum of THREE options that most apply.
Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Innovate in Free Knowledge
Learning, Sharing, and Evaluation
- 15. What do you hope to learn from your work in this fund proposal?
I am looking forward to learn project management and smooth implementation of the project, while learning to coordinate with various teams and international team of WPWP for coordination and support. And moreover supporting the users to contribute for Wiki and bringing in new pool of enthusiasts into the platform.
- 16. Based on these learning questions, what is the information or data you need to collect to answer these questions? Please register this information (as metric description) in the following spaces provided.
|Main Open Metrics||Description||Target|
- 17. Core quantitative metrics.
|Number of participants||we have 27 participants as of now and will be taking this number to 35 until the project duration.||35|
|Number of editors||20||20|
|Number of organizers||I am the only organizer of this project.
Myself user: Nskjnv
|Wikipedia||Will be adding images to 1500 pages of Telugu Wikipedia||1500|
|Wikimedia Commons||Will be adding 150 images to Wikimedia commons||150|
|Wikipedia||Will be creating 20 new articles under the project activities||20|
|Wikipedia||Will be adding 20 audios to wiki pages.||20|
- 17.1 If for some reason your proposal will not measure these core metrics please provide an explanation.
- 18. What tools would you use to measure each metric selected? Please refer to the guide for a list of tools. You can also write that you are not sure and need support.
Wikimedia hashtag tool will be used to count no edits by each user for the project with hashtags #WPWPTE & #WPWP.
- 19. & 19.1 What is the amount you are requesting from Wikimedia Foundation? Please provide this amount in your local currency.
- 19.2 What is this amount in US Currency (to the best of your knowledge)?
- 20. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it.
- We/I have read the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and Universal Code of Conduct.
Endorsements and Feedback
Please add endorsements and feedback to the grant discussion page only. Endorsements added here will be removed automatically.
Community members are invited to share meaningful feedback on the proposal and include reasons why they endorse the proposal. Consider the following:
- Stating why the proposal is important for the communities involved and why they think the strategies chosen will achieve the results that are expected.
- Highlighting any aspects they think are particularly well developed: for instance, the strategies and activities proposed, the levels of community engagement, outreach to underrepresented groups, addressing knowledge gaps, partnerships, the overall budget and learning and evaluation section of the proposal, etc.
- Highlighting if the proposal focuses on any interesting research, learning or innovation, etc. Also if it builds on learning from past proposals developed by the individual or organization, or other Wikimedia communities.
- Analyzing if the proposal is going to contribute in any way to important developments around specific Wikimedia projects or Movement Strategy.
- Analysing if the proposal is coherent in terms of the objectives, strategies, budget, and expected results (metrics).