Grants:Project/Rapid/1lib1ref in the Philippines
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Invite Bicol Region Librarians to the #1Lib1Ref Campaign
- Recruit new librarians to be editors
- Add new references to the articles on Bikol Sentral Wikipedia
- Add or improve content on the Bikol Sentral Wikipedia
- 1. Recruitment of new librarians to be editors of Bikol Sentral Wikipedia
- 2. Adding of references to the Bikol articles.
- 3. Planning on how to effectively and consistently update the Bikol Sentral Wikipedia.
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This year we will be having one edit-a-thon session as the 2nd #1Lib1Ref Campaign in the Philippines on May 2020
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Social media posts on the private group of the Bikol Region Librarians will be posted. Also, letters will be sent to schools and universities to invite their librarians.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. Last year, I conducted the same activity within Naga City, Bikol. See #1Lib1Ref in the Philippines
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. Participants will have their laptops and librarians are well equipped in making bibliographies for references. Those who cannot bring their laptops, we can sponsor them through pc rentals.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will encourage them to continue supporting the Bikol Sentral Wikipedia or participate in Wikimedia Foundation campaigns, for e.g. #Lib1Ref, Wiki Loves Earth, etc.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project will be a continuation of the campaign done last year. Only this time, it will be more organized.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events : 1 edit-a-thon event
- Number of participants : 10-15 librarians & 10 event organizer
- Number of new editors : 10-20 new editors
- Number of of articles created or improved : Minimum of 30-40 articles
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Human Resource:
1. Project organizer - Brazal.dang, Invitation and orientation on the #1Lib1Ref Campaign.
Total = Php 64,000.00 / USD 1264.26
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- SupportThis was indeed a successful event during the previous year. I hope this would happen again this year. Kunokuno (talk) 14:56, 14 February 2020 (UTC)
While waiting for the offline activity to be fully organized on January 2021, join us on the online edi-a-thon campaign of #1Lib1Ref in the Philippines this May 15, 2020 to June 5, 2020.
You can sign-up here: https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/PH/1Lib1Ref_in_the_Philippines_May_2020
For further details and questions about this online event you may contact: email@example.com