Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- The contest content will focus on the theme Home + habitat. Traditionally home and habitat has been of an importance in Rwanda and Wiki Loves Africa 2022 will be an opportunity to tell the story about diverse homes & habitat for both humans and animals.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have let the community about the contest and announced it. Here is the link:
3. How will you let participants know about the contest? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- We will use our social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp groups and email as well.
4. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
Note: Grantees, judges, and other contest leaders are ineligible to receive prizes. Grantees who are serving as judges may not receive gifts through grant funding.
- We will have a team of 3 professional photographers who will work on the selection the top winners.
5. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- We shall cooperate with a group of photographers, use social medias, posters.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- We will do a hybrid project: A mix of of online and offline sessions.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
For photo contests:
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 400
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
1 USD = 1,016.98 RWF as of 15 December 2021
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Explanation|
|Pre-Implementation||Promotion campaigns||1||$100||$100||We shall use to create promotional materials on social media, run online campaigns, video,etc.|
|Graphical designs (Posters, flyers & banner)||1||$30||$30||This will cover the design for these materials.|
|Organizing team transport (Logistics)||4||$40||$160||This will be used for mobility and reach out during the promotion time.|
|Communication (Phone calls)||4||$20||$80||It will cover communication between the organizing team and to get participants engaged and recruited.|
|Implementation||Venue for training on photography, Wikicommons & Wikipedia images usage||1||$100||$100||This training will be dedicated to participants to learn more about professional photography and be able to take more creative and professional photos that can take them to a more bigger level in the contest.|
|Food & beverages||45||$10||$450||This will be used to cover the costs for food and beverages on the full day training. 40 participants and 5 other organizing team including the photographer trainer(s).|
|COVID-Test||47||$7||$315||This is a requirement for people to gather in training.|
|Branded T-shirts||45||$8||$360||This will cover for WLA branded T-Shirts. 40 participants and 5 organizing team.|
|Pull up banner||1||$70||$70||It will cover the cost for the banner for communication.|
|Internet data||40||$20||$800||It will cover the internet cost for every participant.|
|Photo hunt transportation||40||$15||$600||This will be used to cover the costs for transportation for WLA participants to be able to reach out to places where they will take photos.|
|Camera hire||10||$30||$300||It will cover the cameras hiring costs.|
|Participants certificates||40||$3||$120||It will cover the cost for designing and printing the appreciation certificates.|
|Winners Prizes||1||$330||$330||1st Prize ($150), 2nd Prize ($100) & 3rd Prize ($80) - All will be provide in voucher cards & awards|
|Judges gifts||1||$120||$120||The judges will receive voucher cards for the appreciation.|
|Closing ceremony internet data||45||$5||$225||It will cover the internet cost for every participant.|
|Contingency amount||1||$60||$60||This might be used to fix any change in the exchange rate or any additional cost that may come up along the implementation.|
|Total: USD 4,220|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!