Grants:Project/Rapid/Cambridge Wikiday, 2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
New England Wikimedians/Cambridge Wikiday, 2019
We're hosting a Wikipedia Day social in the evening, after our public-domain editathon during the day. The editathon is funded by MIT, but we would like to get food and drink for the party, as well as wiki swag.
targetwikidata, commons, en:wp, es:wp
budget (local currency)600
contact(s)• metasj@gmail• Phoebe
organization (if applicable)• New England Wikimedians
website (if applicable)• New_England_Wikimedians/Events
Please see the sample Meeting application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Socialize with community members
- Recruit new editors
- Promote Public Domain Year and the output of the day's editathon
- What is the purpose of the meeting and why is it important to your community?
- We're celebrating Wikipedia's majority!
- If applicable, what benefits have you seen from doing this kind of meeting in the past?
- Joy, glory, affirmation, friendship.
- How will you let participants know about the meeting?
- Regional site notice, campus posters, IAP event listing
- How will you keep participants engaged after the meeting is over?
- We will add them to our local lists, introducing them to active data + source + other wiki projects. Specific interests can be matched to different local community members.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Note: In addition to your project-specific measures of success, you will also be asked to report on some Global Metrics at the end of your final report. Please keep this in mind as you plan, and we'll support you as you begin your project.
- 80+ participants
- 5 engaged fellow organizers
- Food + Drink + Venue: $400 (venue free w/ food)
- We will also have a planning meeting earlier in the month + debrief after.
- Posters, printing, decor + materials: $100
- Swag, prizes: $100 (+ an event kit would be great, esp for newcomers)