Grants:Project/Rapid/ELiSo/Vikio Amas ZEOjn
Please see the sample Contest application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add or improve content
- Recruit new editors
- Engage existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What content will the contest focus on, and why is it important to your community?
- This is important to our community because we can't participate of Wiki Loves Monuments but there is a value heritage of Esperanto-related monuments and places all around the globe. We have a big lack of images of those monuments, some of them not longer exist, other are totally new. We want to document the heritage of the Esperanto movement in the world for the very first time. We wil focus on Zamenhof/Esperanto-Objektoj (ZEOj), monuments and places related to the Esperanto language or its initiator.
2. How will you let people know about the contest?
- We've good contacts in two of the most widespreaded newspapers in Esperanto. We will write articles for them about the contest and how to participate.
3. How will you judge the contest and award prizes?
- Our members help as judges in past national contests as Wiki Loves Monuments or alike. There will be 5 awarded categories. Best photo: 3 prizes;. Best historical photo of a disappearing ZEO: 1 prize; Best photo of a non-listed ZEO: 1 prize. User with more photos in articles: 1 prize; and the People's Choice Award through our Social Media.
4. For photo contests, what is the strategy to get images used on projects?
- Most of the ZEOs don't have images. For that, it will be really easy to use the photos of the contest in new articles.
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more: For photo contests:
- Number of participants
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
100 to 500
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects
Note:This will be the first edition of the contest. It is almost a kind of experiment and is hard to put numbers to it.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
The prizes will be gift cards (Amazon, Ebay, or alike), this way we don't have to pay shipping.
- Best Photo
- 1st Place: 150 USD
- 2nd Place: 100 USD
- 3rd Place: 50 USD
- Best historical photo of a disappearing ZEO
- 20 USD
- Best photo of a non-listed ZEO
- 20 USD
- User with more photos in articles
- 50 USD
- People's Choice Award
- 50 USD
Total cost in prizes:440 USD
Ads While we'll use Wikipedia's sitenotice as our main advertisement hub, we plan to pay Ads in non-partners newspapers.
- 1/16 of page in Revuo Esperanto: 90€ (110 USD aprox.)
- Facebook Ads: 50 USD
Total cost in Ads: 160 USD
- Extra margin (bank fees, other unknown expenses)
TOTAL AMOUNT (440+160)+10%= 660 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I would love to take part in this! NMaia (talk) 21:54, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- This is a great opportunity to show everyone a part of the human heritage that is usually hidden. Remux - Nunca Olvidaré, que me enamoré de la más hermosa flor. Ĉu mi povas helpi vin iel? 00:30, 5 November 2015 (UTC) 03:43, 20 February 2018 (UTC)