Grants:Project/Rapid/Itzedubaba/Wikipedia education program in Kaduna
- Please see the sample General promotion campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent general promotion campaign application, Promotion of Maithili Wikipedia and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Online promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Offline promotion of Wikimedia project(s)/campaign(s)
- Create awareness about wikemedia in education
- Train students how to edits and gather information from Wikipedia
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- we will be organizing events in content of Wikipedia and education in Kaduna during the events will be teaching college students and the faculty about the basics of Wikipedia like reading creating an account editing and making the participants familiar with education program we are planning to run these events in educational institutions collages and this will help to connects people who uses wikipedia and related project in education
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media. https://meta.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hausa_Wikimedians_User_Group
- We have been invited to attend a students week as representatives of hausa Wikipedia. We plan to print promotional materials related to hausa Wikipedia explaining what the project is and how we are building it as volunteers. There will also be a call to action to join the hausa Wikipedia. We also plan to give instant training to people on how to use Wikipedia from mobile. Interested people can also learn to contribute to hausa Wikipedia and its sister project as we will have a few laptops and volunteers to execute that.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- community will be informed through mailing list and via social media Chanel's like Facebook what's app etc also will be informing faculties and students from colleges and institutions through sending mails and phone calls to collages and institutions administrations
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Yes Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- At the end of the project we will train 100 students and faculty members about Wikipedia and its various project we will closely follow participant through sending mails and phone calls to collages and institutions administrations
5. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The project will be done in some selected educational institutions
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of Training events: 4
- Number of Workshop: 1
- Number of Team Meetup: 2
- Number of total participants: 100+
- Number of articles created or improved: 10+
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 100+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The institutions will provide computers for the event, also we have the following experienced wikimedians as a resource person
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Venue = $170 x 4 = $680
- Food and drink = $200 x 4 events = $800
- Internet access: $48 x 4 events = $192
- Miscellaneous supplies (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.) = $100
Total = 1,772 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Am in support of the project, all because is an education program and looking up the editor is a new editor with hundred of edits in short period of time. Hamxo (talk) 16:53, 11 July 2021 (UTC)
- Support This is a good idea that will help promote Wikipedia in secondary schools. M-Mustapha (talk) 21:20, 14 July 2021 (UTC)
- Support this education project will help to have many editors. Bello Na'im (talk) 20:32, 23 August 2021 (UTC)