Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content on monuments in RWANDA
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We shall hold an offline editathon of no more than 10 people to train all interested individuals how to add images and creating or improving articles
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We shall use our facebook,Instagram, WhatsApp social media platforms and radio stations.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes we have 8 experienced Wikipedia editors
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Most of the participants lack advanced equipments, therefore we intend to hire cameras that will help them to gather many quality photos and we will facilitate them by providing internet and transportation facilities to enable the participants to smoothly participate in the project.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will add them to our existing WhatsApp groups, using and tagging on our social media pages.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Wiki loves Monuments is being organized in Rwanda for the second time since 2020 when it started,
- we are glad to organize it with a bit of experience
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 3
- Number of participants:30
- Number of new contestant:8
- Number of photo uploaded:250
- Number of article created or improved on monuments:
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Rebeccah - Project Lead
- Derrick - Assistant Project Lead
- Clementine - Assistant Project Lead
- Boris- Assistant Project Lead
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1 USD = 1000 as of 1 September 2021 
- Project budget table
|Category||Item||Quantity||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||’Summary'|
|Communication outreaches||1||$200||$200||Use of social media platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram,Twitter) for advertising the contest with an aim of reaching out so many people.|
|Internet data||Space hiring||1||$120||$120||We will hire a space and Internet will be needed to allow photo upload sessions for new participants|
|Online opening and closing ceremony||30||$20||$600||We shall need this to facilitate internet to all participants and the jury together with the organizing team for an online closing ceremony. We are anticipating to cover this for 10 participants. the rest of participants of 10 participants will participate offline|
|Photo hunt||30||$10||$300||This will be needed to ensure participants' transport coverage and or the entrance fee required to visit any of the protected areas especially upcountry such as: Huye,Gisozi,Burera to mention a few. Note: This will be done individually without mass gatherings.|
|Camera Rental||5||$30||$150||cameras will be hired to enhance the quality of pictures to be taken|
|Certificates||30||$2||$60||This will act as an appreciation & recognition to everyone who will have participated in WLM|
|Prizes||1||$350||$350||Awards to be given to the top 5 in terms of vouchers worthy 355$ (1st),100$(2nd),80$,(3rd), 70 (4th), 60 and the (5th)40$|
|Jury gifts||3||$50||$150||Voucher gifts will be given to the judges in form of appreciations.|
|Contingency Amount||1||$45||$45||Unforeseen expenses.|
|Total: USD 1,975|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!