Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: Yes
- Increase skills for existing editors: To brush up the skills of potential participants form VIVA-VVIT Edit-a-thon.
- Add or improve content: Yes
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- This is edit-a-thon is only one event that spreads for two complete days.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I've notified the college students through various means, for example, through the participants from previous edit-a-thon, college notice etc.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we do have experienced Wikimedians to lead the event. There will be two other trainers apart from me (User:Krishna Chaitanya Velaga) during the workshop.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes, the college agreed to provide the venue and infrastructural facilities for free. Coming to skills, the students shall be selected with reference from their respective academic staff.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- As we intend to form a user group, we'll have regular weekly or bi-weekly meetups in the college campus to keep the movement running. A similar practice has been done after the earlier edit-a-thon.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- As you can see from my earlier grant reports here and here, there are left over funds, so I request you the reallocate the same for this project.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 40
- Number of new editors: 25
- Number of articles created or improved: 120
- Number of images to uploaded to Commons: 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): n/a
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- As mentioned earlier, the college has agreed to provide the venue and infrastructural facilities at free of charge.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
|S.No||Details of expense||Amount (INR)|
|1||Expenses of trainers
(Travel, food, accommodation etc.)
|2||Printing of WIKI Guides
(With contents like Cheat sheet, content policies etc.)
(excluding the above mentioned)
|5||Amazon Gift Vouchers for top contributors||₹5,000|
|Total||₹32,000|Swag request S.No Item(s) Quantity 1 Wikipedia pens (5 pack) 1 set 2 T-shirts for trainers 2
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!