Grants:Project/Rapid/Macdanpets/Yoruba Wikipedia Translation-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Increase contents on Yoruba Wikipedia
- Improve contents quality on Yoruba Wikipedia
- Recruit Yoruba language experts for Yoruba Wikipedia
- Increase contributors to Yoruba Wikipedia
- Engaging existing volunteers
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are doing two (2) translation-a-thon
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I am the publisher of Proof, The online informant. I'd publish the event on Newsproof and other online news platforms. I'd publish it on the Yoruba Wikipedia village pump, the [Abẹ́ igi] as well as several other Yoruba related platforms.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- yo:User:Macdanpets (Project coordinator)
- yo:User:Olaniyan Olushola
- yo:User:T Cells (local sysop)
- yo:User:Kaizenify (event photographer)
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high-quality content? If not, how will you support them?
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I have expertise in mentorship. I have mentored at least one prolific female editor on Yoruba Wikipedia. I will mentor all participants after the event based on what work best for each of the participants. I'd create a separate page on-yowiki and follow up with participants off-yowiki.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
Morning Session(Day 1) Time Activity Facilitators 10:00AM - 10:30AM Registration All 10:30AM - 11:00AM Opening remark User:Macdanpets 11:00AM-11:30AM Introductions All 11:30AM - 12:00 Introduction to Yoruba Wikipedia User: Sowoletoyin 12:00 Noon - 12:30 Braek All Technical Session 1 12:30PM - 1:00PM Wikipedia account & Sockpupettry User:Kaizenify 1:00pm -1:30PM Diacritical marks configuration/settings User:T Cells 1:30PM - 2:30PM NPOV User:Ọmọladéabídèmí99 2:30PM - 3:00PM Lunch Technical Session 2 3:00PM - 4:00PM Content Translation Tool User:Olaniyan Olushola 4:00PM - 5:00PM Questions & Answers All 5:00PM - 5:30PM Votes of thanks User:Macdanpets (Project coordinator) Morning Session(Day 2) 10:00AM - 1:00PM Contents translation All participants 1:00PM - 1:30PM Tea Break All participants 1:30PM - 4:00PM Contents translation cont'd All participants 4:00PM - 4:30PM General discussions All participants 4:00PM - 5:00PM Votes of thanks User:Macdanpets
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- If two events are organized
- If at least 30 people participate
- If at least 10 Yoruba language expert editors are recruited
- If at least 100 articles are translated or improved
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
This is the budget breakdown for the Translation-a-thon
|Sl.No||Item||Quantity||Rate (NGN)||Total (NGN)||Rate (USD)||Total (USD)||Notes|
|Total Cost of Event|
(Sumtotal :NGN607,477.65 (USD 1,991.73 )).
|1||Food||40||3000||120,000||9.83||393.44||Cost of meal and tea break for participants|
|2||Event space||2||100,000||200,000||327,86||655.73||Event space for two days.|
|3||Wifi + Internet||1||25000||25000||81.96||81.96||Spectranet TOZ Indoor CPE for the events|
|4||Transportation for event facilitators||6||10000||60000||32.78||196.72||Transportation of volunteers to-and-fro for the events|
|8||Certificate of participation||30||1000||30000||3.27||98.36||Participants who fully participate in the workshop will be awarded a certificate|
|9||Name tags||35||500||17,500||1.63||57.37||This is estimated cost of swags for participants|
|10||Wikipedia T-Shirt for event facilitators||6||5000||18000||16.39||98.36||This is a high-quality material and will only be given to events facilitator|
|11||communication||1||20000||20000||65.56||65.56||This is for phone calls & internet before and after the events|
|12||Internet data support for mentors||4||10000||40000||32.78||131.14||This is to provide internet for volunteer mentors after the event|
|13||Pre-event meetings||2||10,000||20,000||32,78||65,57||Cost associated with pre-event meetings|
|14||Events banner||1||25000||25000||81.96||81.96||Banner at event center|
|15||Contingency||1||20000||20000||65.56||65.56||This is for unforeseen expenses|
|Grand Total: NGN607,477.65 (USD 1,991.73 )).|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support Macdanpets dedication to Yoruba language Wikipedia before and after his participation in Wiki Indba 2019 is remarkable and as a sysop on Yoruba Wikipedia, I fully endorsed this project. I'll also be happy to help in any capacity, Mac. Regards. T CellsTalk 11:11, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support This is a needed project for the growth of Yoruba Wikipedia and Macdanpets has the quality experience to manage the project thereby mentoring more Yoruba editors. Kaizenify (talk) 09:52, 14 February 2020 (UTC)