Grants:Project/Rapid/Sandeep Raut/Wiki Tutorials in Nepali language
- Please see the sample Video campaign application before drafting your application.
- You can also read a recent video campaign application, Promotion of Punjabi Wikipedia on Social Media and their related report.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- Produce video contents to promote Wikimedia projects
- Increase awareness on how to be a part of Wikipedia
- Invite people to Digital Knowledge sharing process
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can produce an animation video to promote a Wikimedia project and promote it by using ads on Twitter. You can promote an online campaign, such as Wiki Loves Monuments, by producing an interview video and promoting it on Facebook, Twitter, etc., using ads.
- Presently, there are no Wikipedia tutorials as such in Nepali language. As we have observed that the readership in Nepal is greater in comparison to editing, we came up with an idea to reduce this gap. Local language is what people prefer and are more comfortable in learning on a particular subject matter. The Wiki tutorials will not only just teach viewers, but also motivate them to come forward in the knowledge sharing process. The videos will cover how to open an account, write the first article, use sandbox, move from sandbox to an article page, how to put images to an article, how to upload images in Commons and basics of Wiki data. After production we will put them onto the social media platforms, boost the videos and also present this to youths through an online session so that orientation of the videos could be done effectively.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- We have a Telegram group where we discuss about projects and thing goings-on at Nepali Wikipedia. Also, by posting an email and mass message on user talk pages.
- Notification on the Nepali Wikipedia village pump.
3.Do you have any experience in online promotion or video production?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience in producing videos or multimedia files?
- Yes. Recently, we've organized a video awareness campaign on Wiki for COVID-19. Similarly, in The Billboards Initiative we had produced videos for digital medium.
4. Do you or others in your team have the skills needed to manage the video production and promotional campaign?
Do you already have a team and specific roles assigned to people based on tasks such as scriptwriting, direction, cinematography, etc.?
- Yes, we have a team equipped with the skills needed to manage video production and promotional campaigns. I have been involved with Word Wings, an open mic platform related to Poetry, Storytelling, Standup and such.
5. What’s your post promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- At last, we will organize one online session for the interested viewers and give an orientation about the videos and solve their queries. We will also organize a Quiz with gifts so that participants get motivated towards the session and get recognized for the time invested.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- No, we are not. The entire project remains online and no in-person activities will be conducted.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are very excited to work on this project and invite others to this knowledge sharing platform.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Number of people reached: 90,000+
- Number of video views: 50,000+
- Number of wiki accounts opened: 5+
- Number of videos: 4
- Number of campaign participants: 10+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We will be getting support from Word Wings team in the process of finalizing scripts, and our teammates from previous projects will also help in the execution of the project. Also, we will be creating videos by hiring a video editor from a video production company.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Estimated budget
- Video Production: 100,000 NPR
- Communication Expenses: 25,000 NPR
- Social Media Boosting: 50,000 NPR
- Certificate and Gifts for participants: 20,000 NPR
- Unforeseen Expenses: 5,000 NPR
- Total: 200,000 NPR / USD 1671
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!