Grants:Project/Rapid/Tulsi Bhagat/The Billboards Initiative
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed. You can add details to each goal.
- This project aims to increase awareness of Wikipedia. We basically focus on engaging new readers. In detail, our core goals are to improve recognition of Wikipedia and understanding of its uses among the Maithili and Nepali Communities. We expect that there will be an increment in the number of readers and contributors.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What is your promotion plan?
You can do a campaign involving billboards or rickshaw announcements to promote a Wikimedia projects, such as Santali Wikipedia, at different places in a city. You can promote an online campaign such as Wiki Loves Monuments on Facebook, Twitter, etc using ads. You can also create gifs/slideshows or other easy to make multimedia files and use them to promote your project on social media.
- We will select the main places of two different cities, i.e. Janakpur and Biratnagar and install billboards (static/digital) there to raise Wikipedia awareness among the Maithili & Nepali Communities. In the meantime, we will also be sharing and spreading the project via social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc.
2. How will you let your community know about the promotion campaign?
Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will let others know about the project by various means. They are mentioned as follows:
- Message on maiwiki village pump,
- Message on newiki village pump,
- Mass message(s) on-wiki,
- Bulk sms
- Message(s) on social media(s),
- E-mail(s), etc.
3.Do you have any experience in promoting Wikimedia projects either online or offline?
Were you involved in a similar project in the past? Do you have any other experience related to online/offline promotion?
- Yes, I have plenty of experiences in promoting Wikimedia projects both online and offline. Please see User:Tulsi Bhagat/Events & outreach for detailed information.
4. What is your post-promotion plan?
What do you plan to do after your campaign ends?
- We will be sharing the entire project via different social media platforms. We will closely follow-up interested people through social media(s), group chat(s), hangouts and email(s).
5. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This project is focusing to promote two different languages of Wikipedia simultaneously in two different cities of Nepal. Wiki Awareness Campaign in Nepal is only getting started with part 1, the series is yet to come.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more:
- Increment in pageviews/siteviews of Wikipedia
- Media coverage(s)
- Reach on Social Media(s)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have skilled human resources. The project will be lead by Tulsi Bhagat. Core team includes Babita shah — Female volunteer , Bijay chaurasia — Overall management, Biplab Anand — Advising, Kiran Kumar Sah & श्रेष्ठ भूपेन्द्र — Volunteer, Sandeep Raut — Communication. They will focus on the goals and impact of the project.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Janakpur, Province no. 2, Nepal
- 10 Billboards: Rs. 70,000
- Biratnagar, Province no. 1, Nepal
- 2 Digital Billboards: Rs. 75,000
- 5 Billboards: Rs. 35,000
- Board Designing: Rs. 15,000
- Stationery: Rs. 3,000
- Communication: Rs. 5,000
- Transportation: Rs. 7,000
- Meetup space and food: Rs. 15,000
Total = NPR 225,000
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!