This proposal has been updated: Added presenter from outside.
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Recruit new editors, creation of a school article, photowalk, possibly establishment of a group at the school that continues Wikipedia related activities. See also the Project Page.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Three-day conference at the African College of Commerce and Technology.
- First day: introduction to Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and first steps for all the participants.
- Second day: Photowalk around the college and the town of Kabale. Uploading the pictures to Wikimedia Commons.
- Third day: Putting everything together in the creation of an article about the ACCT.
- The organizers will spend their time before the event on preparing the place and the equipment. During the event they will be available for doing presentations, answering questions and introducing people into the projects.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- There has been a survey of interest at ACCT about this conference. 52 people signed, altough we expect it to be many more. People from around the college and even Kabale have been notified and big interest has been shown.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- We intend to create group at the school that continues Wikipedia related activities with attendees of the conference acting as new instructors.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants: 40+
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable): 10+
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable): 50+
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable): 10-20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The event will be hosted at ACCT, so no other host is needed. We have smartphones, which can be used to distribute a WiFi network to the participants, which will act on computers offered by the college.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
|Food and Beverages||3||779,367||2,338,101|
Furthermore Icem4k intends to attend the conference as a presenter from outside. That will add the following costs:
- Flight from Lusaka to Kigali and back for USD 151 each (as of 27/7/2018)
- Travel from Kigali to Kabale and back for UGX 20,000 each
- East Africa Visa to enter Rwanda and Uganda for USD 100
- Accomodation for UGX 20,000 per night (total depending on flight dates UGX 60,000 - UGX 100,000)
- I will be personally travelling to kabale for this three day event. any support will be highly appreciated Erinamukuta (talk) 08:55, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- Sounds very reasonable. —DerHexer (Talk) 11:21, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support this!! DasMonstaaa (talk)
- Support the event this sounds reasonable and will help in growth of Wikipedia in terms of African content. Icem4k (talk) 05:14, 27 July 2018 (UTC)