Grants:Project/Rapid/Wikimedia Tanzania/Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2021 in Tanzania
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Add photos to Swahili and English Wikipedia articles lacking images
- Recruit new and existing editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Add some awareness about Wikimedia Commons in relation to the usage of its files.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are going to do at least 2 main in person events and atleast 2 main online workshops with the aim of raising awareness on how volunteers can participate in this project.After that we will continue to coordinate various training and support to the participanting through online platforms (Zoom).
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will use our social media channels Wikimedia Tanzania and our metapage to let the members know.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we have at least 5 active Wikimedians who will help organize the events and programs related to this project.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some of them have equipment such as laptops that are specifically useful for this project. We are planning to rent at least 3 laptops to be used by volunteers who who don't have laptop(s).
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will keep the contacts of the members/participants, and assign atleast one of our team members to do a post event follow up.
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes, we will have at least 2 in person events and here is the WPWP 2021 in Tanzania Risk assessment results based on the current COVID-19 situation in our country.
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are excited to be participating for the second time in this one of the impactful projects in our home Wiki. In terms of tracking the progress of the project, our community will be using the hashtags is #WPWPTZ and the campaign's general hashtag #WPWP. Additonally we will create a dashboard as a back up tool since some participants tends to forget adding hastags despite of reminding them.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events= at least 2 main in person events
- Number of participants= at least 30
- Number of new editors=5
- Number of articles improved or created=350+
- The number of Images to be integrated from Commons=At least 300+
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Jadnapac- Project Manager
- Clement Makangabila- Online events facilitator
- Pellagia Njau & Alfredina Manila-Event Facilitators
- Edwin Bakalemwa- Communication and Community engagement
- Paul Mandele- Events and Programs
WPWP 2021 in Tanzania Budget
|Prizes||30 people||$16@30=480||For both 2 events launching and closing event|
|Branding & Stationeries||1||160||(3 T-shirts,Wikipedia wristbands and key holders, flyers, mugs, certificates,banner )|
|Logistics, Communications & Outreach||1||187||transport for facilitators, data and calls as well as for organization purposes by the organizers and for setting of the online training to participants before the official commencement of the project, as well as for individual technical support (setting separate technical support to people in need of help) during the project.|
|Local Prizes||4||350||Local prizes for (400 USD, where by 200, 100 and 50 will be for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners respectively.The award will be given in terms of gift cards/vouchers and certificates.
|Equipment rentals (laptops)||1||375||at least 3@25 per day for at least 5 days|
|Internet||298||We will use mobile money transfer method where the active registered participants will be given internet support through local mobile money transfer (M-Pesa, Tigo-Pesa, Halopesa and T-pesa), the participants will then be able to purchase for the internet data based on the internet provider of their choice for the project purposes.|
|simple souvenirs foractive contributors||50||For active contributors (especially Women)|
|Logistics& Bank rates||82||Bank charges|
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- Support I am User: T Cells from the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos International Team. We are glad to have your team joining the campaign this year. Please review the organizer's guide and Best practices in organizing WPWP Campaign in your community. With kind regards. T CellsTalk 14:31, 17 June 2021 (UTC)